No announcement yet.

'City' is so common...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah thanks, I couldn't get it to work on my laptop but it did on the iPad strangely.

Comment

Allam jnr. has been on t'wireless today, claiming that most of the Athletic article is inaccurate, but also confirming that he's not pursuing legal advice over it, which I suppose one could take as some indication that maybe there is a grain or two of truth in the article's claims.

Comment

Assem Allam has passed away. He certainly won't be forgotten in these parts.

Comment

I know his family will be devastated, but he said some bitter, hurtful things, and drove fans away in their thousands, some never to return. Letting his dense offspring loose with the club also threatened to send us spiralling to the depths, a slide thankfully arrested by canny on field management and a piss poor L1.

People are already pointing out his philanthropic acts to the city as a less tainted legacy, but in quite a lot of those he ended up with as much back as he put in due to various elaborate ruses, and put several people out of work and forcefully relocated at least one rugby team to satisfy his need to be wanted.

There'll be no tears shed here, without a doubt.

Comment

Incidentally, reading back through this thread, it was 9 years to the day yesterday when he made his most famous utterance of all, about the fans dying when they want, and that protests were affecting the team on the field. Later that day, we beat title chasing Liverpool 3-1 in arguably one of our best ever PL performances.

Comment

Working...
            X