Messi's messy taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messi's messy taxes

Evariste Euler Gauss wrote: Why the hell isn't Messi going to be behind bars?
    Because he's good at missing penalties ?

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

An overused cliché I know - but it's yet another example of footballers thinking they're above the law. From this extreme example, right down to parking in a disabled bay and happily paying the fine, it serves to widen the chasm between the top level footballer and the fan. Until this arose I always thought of Messi as being a rare exception.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Lang Spoon wrote:
        Originally posted by Stobart
        It's a bad day when you can't trim a wee bit off the top without everybody spitting the dummy .....
        Please say that's a wee joke. I'd hate to make a connection between Rangers fans and a cavalier attitude to paying your damned taxes. It's like my man Atlee said, Charity is a cold grey loveless thing...
        You'd hate to make a connection ? No you wouldn't, you've just made it. And of course it was a joke.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

I'm not sharing this disgust. It sounds like his accountant told him to shield some of his earnings in an overseas shelter, as tax advisors do, but Spain's IRS wasn't having it. Just pay the money and move on.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

"I'll show that fucking Ronaldo!"

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

"Hey, if it works for Aaron Ramsey..."

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Fucking hell, Ravanelli tribute hair, Ramos/Alonso style ginga beard (unless that's just my phone). Trying too hard Messi, the cool kids can smell it.

Comment

Karma is a bitch, part one

Spanish prosecutors have accused the Real Madrid footballer Cristiano Ronaldo of defrauding the authorities of €14.8m (£12.9m) in unpaid taxes between 2011 and 2014.

Madrid’s regional state prosecutor alleged that the player used what it deemed to be a shell company in the Virgin Islands to “create a screen in order to hide his total income from Spain’s tax office”.

It said Ronaldo “intentionally” did not declare income of €28.4m (£25m) related to image rights, and declared €11.5m of earnings from 2011-14 when his real income was almost €43m.
                  Karma is a bitch, part two

Spanish prosecutors said on Tuesday they had filed a claim against the Manchester United manager José Mourinho on two counts of tax fraud in 2011 and 2012, when he managed Real Madrid.

Mourinho, who is Portuguese, owes the Spanish tax authorities €3.3 million euros (£2.9m), a Madrid prosecutor said in a statement, adding it had presented a claim to a local court.
                  The Hacienda certainly needs the money.

Comment

Tony Wilson will be smiling down at the news.

Comment

Working...
                    X