Messi's messy taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messi's messy taxes

4 million euro, apparently. That's why Spain's going bust...

Messi's messy taxes

his erstwhile main rival is going to be paid €20m a year tax-free by Monaco, it is reported ...

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Who is that?

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

I believe that he likes to go by CR7.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

At least if you live in a tax free principality it is much easier to keep your taxes in order.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Messi and his dad are given 21 months suspended jail time for tax fraud.

What a grasping little shit.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

£4m euro? Surely that's just pocket money to a cash-rinsing commodity like Messi?

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

This is what I don't get. When you're paid that much, why fiddle your taxes? He won't serve a day. And the fine? €2m, and €1.5m to his dad. How quickly does he earn that?

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

He got £2.5 million for going to Gabon and hanging out with its dictator to open the new national stadium. So I guess the answer is, one or two days.

Can you just imagine the reaction if Ronaldo had done anything like this?

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Borracho wrote:
                    Can you just imagine the reaction if Ronaldo had done anything like this?
                    Would he have got a harsher sentence?

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Messi is the friend of Nethanyahu. Ronaldo is the friend of Palestinians.

Ronaldo is 50 times more the man tax cheat Messi is.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Garnish my celery?

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

When you're paid that much, why fiddle your taxes? He won't serve a day. And the fine? €2m, and €1.5m to his dad. How quickly does he earn that?
                          because you can get €4 million for doing it and the consequences for getting caught aren't that big a deal?

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Sits's point is that €4 million shouldn't matter to somebody who earns seven or eight times that amount every year.

It would be like one of us trying to defraud the Revenue Commissioners of six grand. Except that an extra six grand would probably make a reasonable difference to most of us – a decent holiday abroad, or the credit card cleared, or the service charge paid for the next three years, or whatever – whereas another four million does not affect Messi's living standards a single bit. He's just a thieving little wanker.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Here are a couple more footballers with the right attitude to money:

https://www.rt.com/sport/349568-russia-football-euro2016-champagne-scandal/

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

I'd really hoped CV was going to say Ronaldo refused to have tattoos because he'd fucking seen the state of Messi's.

Fuck both of 'em. It's a real pity wee Lionel can't do a couple of months and be made to repay the amount stolen.
                                As for Ronaldo, I hope Wales hand him his arse later and we see him waving his arms around in frustration at his mere-mortal team mates as usual
                                The prick.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

It's a bad day when you can't trim a wee bit off the top without everybody spitting the dummy .....

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Why the hell isn't Messi going to be behind bars?

Good thread btw, I've learned a couple of things which make me think much more highly of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Because Spanish law provides that all criminal convictions of first time offenders with a term of 24 months or less are suspended.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Borracho wrote: Sits's point is that €4 million shouldn't matter to somebody who earns seven or eight times that amount every year.

It would be like one of us trying to defraud the Revenue Commissioners of six grand.
                                        I fear you may have rather overestimated my income... is it just me? (And Mario, of course)

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

I hope Barca aren't planning to take him on any US-based pre-season jaunts. As a convicted felon, I think he'll not be allowed in again.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Stobart wrote: It's a bad day when you can't trim a wee bit off the top without everybody spitting the dummy .....
                                            Please say that's a wee joke. I'd hate to make a connection between Rangers fans and a cavalier attitude to paying your damned taxes. It's like my man Atlee said, Charity is a cold grey loveless thing...

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

Barcelona have now started a #WeAreAllLeoMessi hashtag in an hilarious attempt to win the PR battle for the thieving maggot.

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/751788243880935425

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

God that's unbearable. Sometimes Catalunya takes the biscuit, doubtless all an evil PP/Perez led conspiracy. I never thought I'd hate FCB more than Madrid, but there you go.

Comment

Messi's messy taxes

That tweet is just so typical of the current Barcelona set-up. "More than a club"? A cunt of a club, more like.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X