No Seventh Hell: Division 3 2013-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orient's turnover for 12/13 was just over £3mm, so the playing budget for this season would have started at 60% of that. We've had a bump in gate money and sponsorship, though, so it might have increased: I'd guess no more than 25% more, max.

Comment

And so farewell from Carlisle, to this division and this thread (and its future equivalents, for the foreseeable future).

We travelled in neither hope nor expectation to Molineux today, and even the most optimistic of our fellow supporters wasn't really expecting a miracle, but FFS they could have given us more than six minutes of mild pessimism before caving in - and with Wolves' first being swiftly followed by goals for Tranmere and Crewe, it was a long old wait to the final whistle.

And so our Div 3 life ended amid some fairly bizarre scenes - smoke bombs, thirty bishops (or possibly cardinals), pissed up fans literally rolling down the aisle, an overweight Wolves fan breaking his seat as he sat down, and finally a small but well executed anti-board protest ending in scuffles between the police, stewards and protestors over custody of the 'BORED OF THE BOARD' banner, while a Jack Black lookalike heckled to the effect that the board can't actually be sacked.

Next stop Newport, or hopefully Gateshead.

Comment

And it's goodbye from Rovers too; the writing was on the wall before today in spite of the best possible start when Pennington won a perfectly timed tackle and just wellied it in the near post. It was an even game but as long as Koumas was on the pitch there was hope of carving open a relatively fragile defence.

Then Junior Brown slid in with a less than perfectly timed tackle. Two footed. Red card. No complaints. It was backs against the wall from that point though The Bantams were somewhat lethargic in front of goal to the point where they needed a deflection to get the equaliser that sealed Rovers's fate. Their 2nd goal was well taken mind, coming moments after Akpa-Akpro fluffed his lines in front of goal after another superbly weighted Koumas pass.

Today was pretty much a microcosm of Rovers's season. Indiscipline, a bit of bad luck, hesitancy in front of goal (even Ryan Lowe for his goal tally suffered from this). The one exception was that Rovers defended pretty well all in all; the loss of Fon Williams was a setback but Mooney did nothing wrong apart from the odd breakdown in communication.

The plea from the tannoy was desperate; please, please come back next season. Some will; some won't. However, the slide that had been arrested under Ronnie Moore is now back on course. I don't envisage a regrouping and turn around any time soon.

Comment

So Shrewsbury have gone and appointed Micky Mellon as manager.

I know nothing about him really except he has a humorous name.

On to next season and the division 4 thread!

Comment

slackster wrote: Orient's turnover for 12/13 was just over £3mm,
            £3 million million? Surely some mistake ;-)

Comment

If only! Thousand thousand, but you knew that.

Comment

I did. But it made me smile.

I have no reason to, but I would love someone to pump 3 billion into Orient and turn it into a super club. Take that Abramovich.

Comment

For some reason Sky are showing the play-off final. That'll keep me in the pub until someone notices and turns it off...

Comment

It's been left on long enough to see Alrx Revell's Greatest Goal At Wembley, so I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X