No announcement yet.

Driving Away From Home (Park) - Division Two / Championship 2023/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were fucked over by the refereeing last night. Good.

Comment

Yeah. I was texting erstwhile otf poster and Huddersfield town fan cavalry trouser tipps during the game. We both found it all hilarious. No way did we deserve a point.

Comment

Oh, do bring him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
          Oh, do bring him back.
          Ha ha! I'm seeing him next week at the Albion Huddersfield game so I will pass on your request, GO.

Comment

Yeah, CTT is much missed.

Comment

Yes he is. It seems like it’s been a while.

Comment

I really like the new Gargoyle shirt, in the "racing green and gold". Gods, I feel dirty.

Comment

I'm not sure if it is more disorienting to see these clubs in the sane division (eighth time since the mid-60s) or to see Southampton in mint green shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    I'm not sure if it is more disorienting to see these clubs in the sane division (eighth time since the mid-60s) or to see Southampton in mint green shorts.
                    I love that typo because it could define the thread really, discussing if it is the "sane" division.

Comment

Certainly more egalitarian than the top-flight, in that there have been various improbable teams both qualifying for the play-offs, and actually relegated in recent seasons.

Comment

Picking two goalies on the bench once may be seen as making a point to omitted players and club management. Doing it again seems frankly odd and makes me wonder fi Maresca will end up walking because job wasn't as advertised.

Comment

Scrappy game between two poor teams at the Riverside today, even with the caveat that we have a lot of new players that haven't had time to gel it's hard to see us be competitive this season. First point though and it takes us off the bottom of the table so hurray I guess.

Huddersfield seem to have a colourised badge on their home kit which surely is enough to deserve relegation (that and the piss-taking amount of timewasting by feigning injury, against a team that they're perfectly capable of beating and all)

Comment

Leeds's last minute equaliser against Cardiff on the opening day is the only thing stopping us having Yorkshire clubs occupy the bottom five places. Hull are rather letting the side down by winning again today and finding themselves competing at the other end.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                              Leeds's last minute equaliser against Cardiff on the opening day is the only thing stopping us having Yorkshire clubs occupy the bottom five places.
                              Uh uhm. Excuuuse me, I think you'll find etc.

Comment

The ITV highlights show is worth watching for Gareth Ainsworth's quite extraordinary post-match interview. You'd think his team had just won the league.

Comment

In comparison to how we were playing a couple of weeks back it's not really surprising. We are better. Not very good, nor even good, but approaching average. There are, as the cliché goes, "green shoots," Such as Sinclair Armstrong, who like many young men, has learned that — like sex — playing football is about more than speed and power. And Rayan Kolli who, despite the Sideshow Bob haircut has the anticipation and touch of a proper footballer. There are others too that offer real hope where there was little to none at Watford. So, for now I'm all for Gazza's hyper-enthusiasm it's been hard earned.

Comment

Injury time winner, get in!

Comment

Nine points closer to avoiding relegation.

Comment

Still four Yorkshire clubs holding up the bottom of the table. We are still pointless and lost in the 98th minute thanks to a penalty being given away by an ex-Cardiff player. More pleasingly our fans finally called for Chansiri to fuck off out of our club. He's charging £39 for the next home game against Ipswich. Ipswich!

Comment

And again a late goal does for us.

Comment

It's going to be a long season. I seem to say that every week...

Comment

And once again we appear to have had a particularly poor refereeing decision.

Comment

Happens to us all. I don't know if it's just this division, but the standard of officiating seems to decline by the season. The bloke we had today was a total plonker. I don't entirely blame them, there are too many people, and techie wotsits, looking over their shoulders and second guessing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                                  Yeah. I was texting erstwhile otf poster and Huddersfield town fan cavalry trouser tipps during the game. We both found it all hilarious. No way did we deserve a point.
                                                  Did you go yesterday, Jon? I think it's now 13 home wins from 18 games under Corboran. The odd thing is that, while much of last season's part of the run was built on conceding hardly any goals, we now don't look remotely like we could keep a clean sheet.

On the plus side, Kipre seems to have gained hugely in confidence since the Blackburn game, and there were things to enjoy going forward, with Phillips, Swift, Thomas-Asante and the two new boys all doing well. Not sure what instructions Carlos is giving to Jed Wallace though. Whatever they are, they don't seem to suit his strengths.

I put a bit about Middlesbrough in the matchgoing thread. Basically, they were good on the ball and stayed in the game with 10 men far too well for my comfort, but defensively, they are even worse than Albion.

Comment

I don’t know whether Middlesbrough thought they were going to get last season’s loan players back, but they seem way short.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X