No announcement yet.

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So keeper claims the ball, complains that a striker is within five metres of him and so he can't put the ball on the ground to kick it. So keeper gets a free kick.

What was that all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
      Collins denied by a world-class save.
      I felt for him when he screamed "How did he save that?!" immediately after the final whistle went.

Comment

3 minutes injury time was a bit miserable from the referee. Good performance, but we have to turn up in every game like that.

Comment

Sounds like a good effort from Ireland.

Fotmob stats claim the Netherlands had 51 shots. Wasteful.

Comment

Scotland score after a Spanish defender slips over. Great atmosphere

Comment

Scott McTominay suddenly becomes Messi in disguise.

Comment

While Christie almost doubles the lead!

Comment

Wales had a let off there.

Kieffer Moore has a lot of qualities but running on to weighted balls over the top isn't one of them.

Comment

Ref's being kept busy here.

Comment

Very close to a second Scotland goal right on half time

Comment

Wales ahead through a great header by Moore, set up by Dan James.

Comment

Mctominey again! Brilliant goal

Comment

I don't remember a match where Welsh players have been the recipients of so many fouls, the ref seems to have booked half the Latvia side.

Comment

That was a superb performance from Scotland,from beginning to end

Comment

Get in! What a couple of days for McTominay

Comment

Fantastic performance from Scotland, could have won by more.

Comment

Two observations:

1. I really, really enjoyed that

2. Rodri sounded a lot like Domenech when we beat France twice, and that's never a good look.

Comment

Well, well. Well done Scotland.

We decided that a £13.99 month ticket for Viaplay.com would be cheaper than a night watching this in the Bielder, which is correct but I’d rather have been in a bar going a bit mental at that.

A fantastic performance but we still gave the ball away much too cheaply, much too often. Doesn’t matter so much when the team you give it to positively refuse to hurt you with it. That team is currently Spain. I think we’ll have more difficulty with the Noggies. And then if we need a result away to Cyprus….

But let’s just enjoy this!

Comment

I’ve just wakened from a mad crazy dream where I dreamt that Scotland had beaten Spain 2-0. That’s it! We’re going to win the Euros!

Nah, we’ll probably bollocks things up and lose to Georgia.

But as Erskine has said, let’s just enjoy this!

Comment

Well said. I’m enjoying the fuck out of this.

Comment

Just got back from Cardiff and pleased enough with a competent performance. Would have liked to have seen the goal or two that were probably warranted but Ward make a couple of good stops too. The Latvians fouled systemically all night and the ref largely let them get away with it which was frustrating.

Given all the retirements, players not getting minutes with their clubs and the key players missing through injury I am very happy with four points from the opening pair of fixtures.

For all that Spain weren't stunning at the World Cup, Scotland's result is amazing. Bloody well done to them!

Comment

Originally posted by Erskine Bridges View Post
                                              Well, well. Well done Scotland.

We decided that a £13.99 month ticket for Viaplay.com would be cheaper than a night watching this in the Bielder, which is correct but I’d rather have been in a bar going a bit mental at that.

A fantastic performance but we still gave the ball away much too cheaply, much too often. Doesn’t matter so much when the team you give it to positively refuse to hurt you with it. That team is currently Spain. I think we’ll have more difficulty with the Noggies. And then if we need a result away to Cyprus….

But let’s just enjoy this!
                                              Fantastic night. And yep, let's not dwell on future fuck-ups. Maybe, just maybe, we can for once not fuck up and win a group...

[Slaps himself hard for falling into the same trap of dumb optimism which, despite clamping his leg in a painful and jagged vice, he manages to forget about at every new dawn...]

Comment

It's a friendly ahead of the weekend's qualifiers and Germany's 1000th international) but the hosts have just scored a 90th minute penalty to claw it back to 3-3 against Ukraine having been 1-3 down in the 82nd minute.

Edit : and that's how it finished.
                                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-06-2023, 18:02.

Comment

Just realised the Cymru game belongs on here not the Nations League thread.

Anyway, Cymru went ahead with a good finish from Dan James converting a lovely cross from Brennan Johnson.

However Armenia have equalised with a smart finish.

Comment

2-1 Armenia.

Very poor defending from Cymru.
                                                    Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 16-06-2023, 19:22.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X