Taking It On The Chinnor - Matchgoing 27th January - 2nd February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking It On The Chinnor - Matchgoing 27th January - 2nd February

What was supposed to be a big Saturday with a load of us meeting up for a few pints and off to Home Park has been scuppered by Derby's progress in the Cup so it's off to the lesser delights of Albion instead.

You may want to clarify to people that you're talking about rugby, Greenlander!

I'm actually having my last football-going weekend for a few weeks before a Six Nations dominated February with Wimbledon v Walsall tomorrow afternoon. It's The Dons' first game in two weeks after a couple of postponements.

Then hopefully off to Harrow Borough v Halifax Town in the Trophy on Tuesday which will be the third attempt at staging the game.

Comment

Yes, I am talking rugby and my bad for starting the weekly thread on the football board but I just couldn't resist the pun.

Before a couple of days ago I wouldn't have even known where to even find Chinnor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        I'm actually having my last football-going weekend for a few weeks before a Six Nations dominated February with Wimbledon v Walsall tomorrow afternoon. It's The Dons' first game in two weeks after a couple of postponements. .
        Does that mean that Leicester are playing Walsall's stiffs in the Cup??

Comment

Walsall was due to be the game on Tuesday, which was postponed. We have Stockport at home tomz.

Comment

Coventry vs Huddersfield for the twice postponed fixture.

This game was supposed to take place in August but was moved to last Tuesday because of our pitch issues. Since both teams have been knocked out of the cup, the club have decided to moved the Tuesday game to tomorrow.

Comment

The icy weather put paid to any midweek games for me in the last fortnight and now I face a dearth of Brentford games - only three between now and the start of March.

So I plan to tick off a few new grounds starting with Brackley Town v Gloucester City on my way back to the Midlands.

On Monday, I have a ticket for Derby v West Ham in the cup, a match that could have been Derby v Brentford.

And on Tuesday, weather permitting, it's some 9th tier action and another new ground at Newark & Sherwood United v Wisbech Town.

Comment

Alfreton v Kettering for me, subject to trains and the weather. I'm also working my way through all the Oscar nominations, so time is at a bit of a premium, with Avatar, Fabelmans and Tár booked for a Sunday marathon at the Islington Odeon.

Got my Dad a ticket for The Mighty Wakefield Trinity v Featherstone Rovers in a friendly on Sunday. I'd have rather been there with him.
                Last edited by The Mighty Trin; 27-01-2023, 11:52.

Comment

Pennington v Blackpool Wren Rovers in the quarter finals of the Lancashire Amateur Sheild is my first pick for tomorrow.

Wythenshawe Town v West would be the obvious choice for Tuesday but as I've been to Ericstan Park twice already this season I might go to see how Julian Alavarez's brothers get on in the battle of the Abbeys, Hey v Hulton.

Comment

Up for the cup at Sheffield Wednesday v Fleetwood Town.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post

Does that mean that Leicester are playing Walsall's stiffs in the Cup??
                      Duh, yeah! As TonTon says, it's Stockport. The postponements have thrown me off kilter.

Comment

First live sport of the new year for me, as I'm off to Croke Park tomorrow for Dublin v Kildare in the Gaelic Football national league division 2. It's a five o'clock throw in,so gives us a chance to have a pint afterwards.

Comment

Despite telling myself that I wouldn't go, I caved in and bought a train ticket (no direct line again this weekend) and will see the Imps v Cambridge in a must win match. Cambridge played us off the park at the Abbey earlier in the season but now their form is as bad if not worse than ours. No recognised strikers beyond Ben House (maybe a first year senior pro on bench) and light midfield. Still unbeaten at home but we have to start winning at some point. Cambridge win then.

Comment

My Saturday starts with my Tewkesbury Town Pumas u12 taking on Tewkesbury Town Colts. We beat them 5-4 in the return game a few months back and our fortunes have been very different since with them unable to win a game and us winning all but two since. I'm going to be reffing this one though, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm then off to Whaddon Road where Cheltenham take on Port Vale looking for our first win in a month. A very tough game is expected.

Comment

I'll be off to Burton on Saturday, a relatively short train ride with absolutely no strikes or engineering works for once.

Comment

Either Shoreham vs Chessington & Hook in the SCFL1 or Worthing vs Dartford in the NLS. I've got a mate staying the weekend, so I doubt a decision will be made until tomorrow lunchtime. The only thing I need to remember is that Shoreham kick off at two this season because they're saving floodlight money.

Comment

Trip to Llanelli for Llanelli v Barry. Weather permitting. It's milder this weekend though so weather will probably permit.

Comment

Celtic at home on Sunday.
                                    will have to leave sharpish for the last train that gets me home

Couldn't buy tickets myself as I haven't been on the database in last 2 seasons. Ironically a Celtic supporter who IS sorted me out...

Comment

I'll be watching Carlisle trying to win 3 in a row for the first time this season at Rochdale tomorrow. We've got a very tough run of fixtures in April so if we're going to make the top 7 it's important we maximise the points return from games against the struggling sides.

On Sunday I'll be at Brighton to see if Liverpool are as shit as they were on their recent league visit. One of the few benefits of them being shit and playing the same team twice in close proximity is that I managed to pick up a spare and will thus be able to tick off the Amex as the 3rd home ground where I've watched Brighton play. I think the Sunday 1:30pm ko helped my chances too.

Comment

As mentioned last week I'll be going to Old Trafford on Wednesday, but we are already out of the FA cup, so no match on Saturday.

Comment

Back to watching this week and a long bus, bus, bus and bus ride to Penygroes see some hot North v South action in the FAW Trophy 5th round; Nantllle Vale vs Cardiff Corinthians

Comment

I will be reading a book (possibly some history, not quite sure yet) at the Hull City vs QPR match tomorrow

Comment

Southampton at home on Tuesday. League cup semi final. It not a competition that has ever been kind to us. When left SJP celebrating win over Spurs in January 1976 it was our first appearance in that stage since competition started in 1960. And 47 years on we now at our second. Result at away leg gives reason for optimism.

Comment

It not a competition that has ever been kind to us.
                                                You're in the semi-final.

Comment

Compared with the regularity of their FA Cup final appearances, it's a fair comment.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X