Current hating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current hating

Prompted by two other threads, this is a chance to get off your chest the teams you're hating most right now. Thing of it as therapy, or just pathetic moaning, dress it up as you like.

1. Bradford Park Avenue. I know the irony of a Manchester United fan whinging about this is going to be too much for some to take, but... These rich fuckers lording it all over us, winning matches, and building enormous stadiums, FUCK OFF WILL YOU.

2. MK Dons. That Winkleman is a terrible cunt, made all the more terrible by the fact he doesn't even know he's a wrong'un. At least that Mansfield nobber knows what he's up to, sitting there twirling his moustache, stroking his white cat in his under-sea lair. That they've won, and we have to put up with him all over the telly is making it worse.

3. Liverpool. In the words of Jane's Addiction: Just because. That cretin gobbing at Phil Neville just reinforces it. It's taken over a decade, but finally I saw a different P.Nev expression. One of contempt and disgust.

Current hating

Tranmere Rovers. I just don't like 'em. Mostly it's thanks to their crowing, whining, baiting internet fanbase.

Comment

Current hating

"P Nev" has shown his disgust and contempt before. For the laws of the game, and sportsmanship.

Comment

Current hating

Oh, you know, the Old Firm - kinda goes without saying really.

I don't really hate Dundee Utd at the moment, not being in the same division. I didn't really hate them during our 9 derby unbeaten run either. When they finally beat us though, the hatred returned. I expect it'll be the same if and when we get promoted.

Comment

Current hating

Rhyl FC: Scallies for fans, scallies for players. Their fans only sing anti-Bangor songs and then turn up to cheer on Bangor's opponents, bitter, bitter wankers. For example Bangor City v Porthmadog last month

Comment

Current hating

"Fans" who only watch premiership matches in pubs because their local teams don't play "real" football

Just in front of me, last Sunday, stood a young man proudly wearing a United replica shirt. He seemed to be constantly texting but some how found time to shout "SNAP HIM!!!!" every time a Liverpool player ran at the United defence. I don't know how a defender would accomplish snapping a human torso in two as he didn't explain.

Just to my right there was a table full of alcohol-fuelled philosophers. They alternated between shouting outlandish theories, shouting tall tales, shouting jokes they've read in FHM and shouting crudities at Liverpool Football Club. Over yonder there was another group who slightly less refined. They just shouted obsenities at the TV screen whenever Liverpool players came into view.

All of the disparate groups continued with their differing behaviours until United scored. The United fans rose in unison. "SNAP HIM" and 2 of the philosophers sprang out of their seats and began cavorting together. "SNAP HIM" then decided to try and fornicate with a pool table, the 2 philosophers took to abusing the Scousers around them.

I gazed around this room and I was filled with an overpowering emotion. We live in a world riven by so many social problems yet in this small section of this medium-sized bar there was sense of oneness. Everyone joined together in their hatred for the dreaded "Scousers". This is, of course, the overiding emotion of all ethnic Mancunians or "Mancs". What made this oneness even more remarkable was the fact that none of these Manchester United fans were "Mancs" and only a few of the the Liverpool fans were hated "Scousers". It was a real feeling of transcendence on that very holy of days.

In the second half the room became relatively quiet as Liverpool came more into the match but when United scored two the same behaviour was exhibited. Maybe Sky was right all along, this was a historical day. If you were to look at the United fans' celebrations you would certainly say so; this is what VJ Day 1945 must have looked like.

To put the day into a nutshell, it will be a very, very, very, very, very long time before I contemplate spending another 2 hours like this again. 2 hours in the company of complete cunts who know nothing about football, cunts who shout crap at one another, cunts who think they're funny when they're just boorish, cunts who think buying a replica shirt and sitting in a pub is enough to make them a fan, cunts who think that by wearing that replica shirt they also have to take on the ersatz emotions of hating the "other".

Comment

Current hating

1. Milton Keynes, obviously. I don't really need to explain why, do I? I'll offer my own personal take on it that I hate about them more than anything. It's the sense of entitlement that they seem to have. Quite asides from everything else, what I particularly loathe about their supporters is that they seem to be of the opinion that they somehow "deserve" a Football League club without any of the hassle of having to go up through ranks. Milton Keynes City, Wolverton Town and Bletchley Town all failed because of a lack of interest. They couldn't give away tickets for them. Parachute a club into the league, and suddenly you've got 30,000 of the fuckers going to London and claiming to be "supporters". They're a fucking disgrace to football.

2. The usual suspects. The BRCs.

3. West Bromwich Albion. I don't know why, but I've always had a sneaking dislike for West Brom, and this has intensified with the gushing talk that has been thrown about this season about them. I saw some twat on "Championship Goals" bellowing "we're the Arsenal of the Championship" (insert obvious jokes here) the other week, and it made me want to puke.

4. Leeds United: Sorry Battylad, but I had a good old read of that WACCOE forum and it reminded me. Oh, and Ken Bates, obviously.

Comment

Current hating

1. The Franchise. Okay, they're not a team, or a club, but a requirement on a planning permission proposal, but still, they're cunts.

2. Watford. While the Franchise are anti-football off the pitch, this lot are anti-football on it. Going down for treatment every (and I mean every) time they're as much a breathed on. Three minutes per throw-in. Every challenge two-footed. Uglier than Frank Ribery, and as aesthetic as a gibbon with a paint-roller. Make John Beck's Cambridge look like Brazil 1970 or Ipswich under Bobby Robson. It would be funny if they finished 7th, but I'd prefer it if we were just in different divisions next season.

3. Norwich. Because they're there.

4. Colchester. Because we play them next. Still, we can relegate them. Generally they mean fuck all to us, and that hurts, because they'd love us to reciprocate their hatred, because that way at least another team would care about them.

5. That idiot we had refereeing the game on Saturday. A defender standing three feet behind the line, clearly handling the ball, concedes neither a penalty nor a goal according to Mr Armstrong. D'Ursoriffic.

Comment

Current hating

3. West Bromwich Albion. I don't know why, but I've always had a sneaking dislike for West Brom, and this has intensified with the gushing talk that has been thrown about this season about them. I saw some twat on "Championship Goals" bellowing "we're the Arsenal of the Championship" (insert obvious jokes here) the other week, and it made me want to puke.

To be honest, I'm getting fed up with the 'Arsenal Of The Prem' labels, too. I'd love to try and dissuade you from your sneaky dislike of us, but that would be a mountain to climb. Vomit away to your heart's content and don't forget to mop up when you've finished.

I'd echo Kowalski's sentiments about fake fans of the sort he described, but I'd also spare some arrows for those 'fans' who pop up from time to time and label all other cups and trophies meaningless except for the Champions League. I'm not just talking 'priorities', but the genuine dismissal of all other means of getting your trophy cabinet filled on the principle that not just their club, but they themselves are worthy of nothing else but the best. Listening to them suggests they've moved up the football evolutionary scale and have become supporto superior, a new kind of fan who sees him or herself far too sophisticated to rub shoulders with the rest.

They're cunts. They're probably working in Kwik-Fit garages, belching the remains of last night's curry from their fat gobs, but the moment they go onto 606 they turn into Lord Posh of Swankshire, sniffing disdainfully at the those who'll only gain sight of Wembley by driving past it. There's a few in the place I work at, beaming at the rest of us serfs when they've reached the next stage of the CL. You could warm toast off them.

But you get those types anyway. No, season tickets should be removed from those who see trophies like the Carling or the FA Cups (despite how much they've supposedly been devalued recently) as much worth as the plastic toys you get in corn flakes packets. If they think that, then they've lost what it feels like to be a supporter and are now blase, self-aggrandizing types who think footballing success is like an exclusive club to which they themselves must be the only ones privileged to enter.

Comment

Current hating

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
                    I don't really hate Dundee Utd at the moment.
                    My feelings towards Dundee FC have mellowed considerably in the 19 years since I left Dundee. Several years in Edinburgh put Hearts well above them on the hate list. Even when Dundee had their 5 minutes of being better than us that Fuzzy refers to, it didn't seem painful beyond the confines of the ground. Losing at Tynecastle or Easter Road made life hell at work on the Monday.

I've lost count of the number of Dundee relegations there have been in my lifetime but I loved them all. Then, almost immediately, I wanted them promoted because I missed the derbies. I hope they come up this season. I can imagine Setanta covering a Dundee derby. They certainly won't show United - Hamilton.

Comment

Current hating

For some reason, i'm starting to dislike Cardiff City. I never had this before, and I know I shouldn't really. I enjoyed the game against Middelsborough and everything, but every comment that Peter Ridsdale makes to the press writhes me, and this slowly turning into the "Barcelona of Welsh Football" is slightly annoying as well.

Comment

Current hating

slowly turning into the "Barcelona of Welsh Football"
                        Barcelona are going to turn into the Cardiff of Spanish Football before then!

Comment

Current hating

I really hate Arsenal. I really really really hate Arsenal. Portsmouth and MK go without saying. I'm pissed off with Sunderland but they'll get their comeuppance. But I really hate Arsenal.

Comment

Current hating

Applause for Kowalski, that's a proper good rant!

Comment

Current hating

The way Preston, feeble relegation fodder until feb/march, are now storming towards the playoffs ( only 8 points away now ) is really starting to tick me off, especially as we beat them twice, but are now sinking like a shopping trolley in the canal.

Comment

Current hating

Totti. (Forever.)

Blanco. (Whenever he plays against DC.)

Comment

Current hating

Walter Smith's gang of prop-forward mutants.

Comment

Current hating

Celtic are so shit at the moment I may have to stop disliking them.

Although hopefully the current famine will last rather longer than the last.

I will reconsider if they sign big Lafferty.

Comment

Current hating

Chester City ... it's not a current thing, it's a historical thing. We're supposed to hate them.
                                      They couldn't sell their allocation for the derby but wouldn't give us any more after we sold our 1600 - they had less fans there than us!
                                      Their ground is in Wales and they can't see the irony and to top it all, their fans are the worst dressed in the football league!

Comment

Current hating

I thought only half of the ground (excluding the offices) was in Cymru?

Comment

Current hating

Aldo Simoncini wrote:
                                          this slowly turning into the "Barcelona of Welsh Football" is slightly annoying as well.
                                          What exactly is that about, aside from a ridiculous seven-year old quote from a loathed former owner who was mocked at the time by Cardiff supporters for it?

Comment

Current hating

Phoebe Disco wrote:

2. Watford. While the Franchise are anti-football off the pitch, this lot are anti-football on it. Going down for treatment every (and I mean every) time they're as much a breathed on. Three minutes per throw-in. Every challenge two-footed. Uglier than Frank Ribery, and as aesthetic as a gibbon with a paint-roller. Make John Beck's Cambridge look like Brazil 1970 or Ipswich under Bobby Robson. It would be funny if they finished 7th, but I'd prefer it if we were just in different divisions next season.
                                            Seconded, I find it hard to think of a club I currently want to lose more than that lot (Franchise aside).

Comment

Current hating

Duncan Gardner wrote:
                                              I thought only half of the ground (excluding the offices) was in Cymru?
                                              That's put about by the Deviants to avoid embarrassment - the whole ground is in Wales, it's only the office which is in England and that's how they can claim to be an English club.

Comment

Current hating

Kowalski, you might enjoy this:

Comment

Current hating

We are very, very amused

Comment

Working...
                                                  X