Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring the Bell! It's time to open the January transfer window.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring the Bell! It's time to open the January transfer window.

All talk appears to be about who will sign Jude Bellingham, with Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Real Madrid all supposed to be favourites to sign him. Of course he could just as easily stay at Dortmund until the end of the season, which would probably be the sensible thing to do on his part.

Wolves have started the ball rolling, though, signing Matheus Cunha from Atletico Madrid on loan for the rest of the season before it turns into a permanent transfer.

Comment

Bollocks to both Bellinghams though our DOF fellers ex Brum and apparently being used as a sounding board by their family. Take the money is all they want to hear I imagine.
      Keeping hold of Ross Stewart is our fans main concern yet it seems getting him sold is the clubs. He’s scored seven in nine and two thirds of a game as I type and I’m not including the OG he arsed in 30 mins ago. Rangers, Everton, Leicester, Southampton and Villa are sniffing around. With his agent getting Olympiakos and Boro in the media frame for good measure. Our season will be over if he goes…..as will a lot of fans interest.
      Last edited by Sunderporinostesta; 26-12-2022, 13:56.

Comment

Wouldn't Bellingham be cup-tied for Champions League? The lad also needs a break.

Comment

No

The UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League knockout hopefuls are allowed to register a maximum of three new eligible players during the winter. Since 2018/19, it no longer matters whether those players have already played in the competition for another club, even for another club still in the competition. ]

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
            Wouldn't Bellingham be cup-tied for Champions League? The lad also needs a break.
            As if the clubs ever gave a toss about the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              No
              Didnt know that. Since 2018/19 has anyone actually played for one club in European competition before December & another one from February the following year?

Comment

Ferran Torres last season.

Comment

Bruno Fernandes played for both Sporting and Manchester United in the same Europa League season.

They are almost certainly others.

Comment

If Manchester United having Ten Haag was meant to result in them getting the pick of Dutch talent- it ain’t working. Liverpool sign Manchester United target Gakpo.

Comment

To be fair, that was a position that Liverpool desperately needed to fill rather than Man Utd.

Comment

I thought he wanted to play centre forward. Have Liverpool written off Núñez already?

Comment

Nope. But with Diaz and Jota injured for unspecified lengths of time, it's a good signing.

Comment

Cheltenham are one of a number of clubs linked to Bristol City forward Sam Bell.

If he signs and plays, it'll be the first time a father and son have played for Cheltenham in the Football League - his dad is Mickey Bell who played for the club at the end of the 05/06 season.

Comment

I had reservations about Man Utd signing Gakpo. I might be proven totally wrong, but I suspect he has flattered to deceive. Until I'll be proven wrong, I'll say that Liverpool are welcome to him.

(I've just guaranteed that he'll score a hat-trick against United, haven't I?)

Comment

Chelsea have a pre-agreement with Molde to sign David Datro Fofana, which sounds like a Moneyball acquisition to me.

Comment

The highly-rated Irish U20 international, Killian Phillips, is joining Shrewsbury on loan from Palace - he has three goals and two assists from ten games in Premier League 2, so should be highly-effective in the third tier.

Comment

Former Swindon favourite Charlie Austin resigns for the club after leaving Brisbane Roar.
                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 30-12-2022, 15:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      Former Swindon favourite Charlie Austin resigns for the club after leaving Brisbane Roar.
                                      What’s happened there? He was full of the joys of spring about moving to Australia when I heard him on the Talkshite breakfast show a few months back.

Comment

York have already dabbled this week, signing young Watford striker Shaqai Forde on loan for the rest of the season. Needless to say, some of the fanbase have already written him off as a waste of time without even having seen him kick a ball, and decided that the new manager is just a new incarnation of Jackie McNamara. I sometimes wonder if we actually do deserve all the crap that comes our way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                          That takes some rereading. A hyphen would've helped...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                            To be fair, that was a position that Liverpool desperately needed to fill rather than Man Utd.
                                            Premier top scorers:

Man City 43
                                            Arse 36
                                            Spurs 33
                                            NUFC 32
                                            Liverpool 31
                                            Fulham 27
                                            Brighton 26
                                            Brentford/Leicester 25
                                            Man Utd/Leeds 23

I acknowledge Liverpool got 9 in one game. But Man Utd got 3 against Man City in a game which they had lost 10 minutes in.

Comment

Steven Caulker calls time on his Turkish expedition, four clubs including Fenerbahçe which never worked out.

He's only 31.

Comment

Ronaldo joins Al Nassr. Why?

Comment

OFX3-iStock-492595743-1200x800.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                                  X