200 Up - Matchgoing 18th - 24th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200 Up - Matchgoing 18th - 24th November

I'll be visiting my 200th ground tomorrow and I'd considered marking the occasion by checking in at one of the grounds I'm particularly keen to see which lie just beyond my usual range. As it is we've found ourselves in the incredibly rare situation of both kids having been offered sleepovers so we've got tickets for the Banksy exhibition at Media City followed by a meal out which restricts me to my usual Saturday 2pm kick off in one of the local leagues. I've got lots to choose from - Whitworth Valley as is often the case is top of the list - but with the amount of rain we've had this week I'm not pinning my hopes on it.

Tuesday will be West v Litherland or maybe a first visit to Euxton Villa.

I'm unsure if I will go to a local game tomorrow. Coventry Sphinx are at home playing a team called Milton Keynes Irish (no idea either) and further afield Leamington are hosting Bishop's Stortford in the FA Trophy.

Comment

A family weekend in Manchester beckons, along with a first trip to Edgeley Park, and its exposed away end, since 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Boneless View Post
        I'm unsure if I will go to a local game tomorrow. Coventry Sphinx are at home playing a team called Milton Keynes Irish (no idea either) and further afield Leamington are hosting Bishop's Stortford in the FA Trophy.
        https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...-milton-keynes

And isn't Leamington's ground practically inaccessible?

Comment

Salford away. Carlisle have sold out their allocation of 1366 so it should be a good atmosphere, provided I find a spot to stand that isn't next to a load of dickheads.

Comment

Sunday

Qatar v Ecuador

Monday

USA v Cymru

Tuesday

Denmark v Tunisia
            France v Australia

Wednesday*

Germany v Japan
            Spain v Costa Rica
            Belgium v Canada

Thursday

Switzerland v Cameroon
            Brazil v Serbia

* pending transport

Comment

Arsenal v Man Utd in the WSL at the Emirates on Sunday. Kick off 17.30, which is during the second half of Qatar v Ecuador, though I expect I will watch the first half of that (not the opening ceremony, but then I haven't bothered with one of those since 1994. Nothing could ever top Diana Ross).

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...-milton-keynes

Yeah, I looked them up. An amalgamation of three clubs. interesting.

And isn't Leamington's ground practically inaccessible?
                It's near a place called Bishop's Tachbrook just outside of Leamington. It's totally in the sticks so you cannot walk there as its off an A road I believe. Theres car parking and they normally put on busses for fans to go from the town centre. It's a nice ground despite its rural location.

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Boneless View Post

It's near a place called Bishop's Tachbrook just outside of Leamington. It's totally in the sticks so you cannot walk there as its off an A road I believe. Theres car parking and they normally put on busses for fans to go from the town centre. It's a nice ground despite its rural location.
                  I went recently. Great little ground. Can't walk there from town as no pavement but I got a £15 cab from Leamington and then a club blue minibus from the car park back to the station after the game for £2. Buses also an option if not driving for a Saturday game I believe.

Comment

Cheers both. Good to know that there are limited options at least for the non-driver. And congrats to Artificial Hipster on the 200.

Comment

Really wanted to go to New Mills in the Macron so I could pay a visit to High Street Books pre-match and the Fiddlers Green in Levenshulme post-match, which one of the AFC directors tells me does the best Guinness in Greater Manchester.

However, I’m still getting over Covid so I think it’ll just be an afternoon at home. Shite.

Comment

I have binned off going to Cambrian & Clydach v Barry tonight. Family birthday tomorrow. Family funeral on Monday. Not a footballing weekend. Hoping to watch Wales in the World Cup but no other games.

Midweek games seem sparse at the moment round are way so probably nothing until next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                          Cheers both. Good to know that there are limited options at least for the non-driver. And congrats to Artificial Hipster on the 200.

This is the minibus that The Mighty Trin mentioned. Handy to know. https://brakestrust.com/minibus/

Comment

Rugby League World Cup final in Manchester for me tomorrow and I'll try and pick up a local game on Tuesday or Wednesday, perhaps Waltham Abbey v Biggleswade.

Comment

Tomorrow morning my u12s take on bottom of the table Meon Vale - following that I'll be watching the club's other two u12 teams in a derby game (though I probably won't watch all of it).

In the afternoon Cheltenham host Wycombe.

Comment

It's the 92 derby tomorrow; Wembley v North Greenford United.

Comment

My first home game of the season vs Wimbledon.

Comment

As long as the weather doesn't intervene I'm finally going to get to a home game tomorrow, as the Villagers take on Golcar United. A fairly strong side got miserably thumped in the East Riding Senior Cup by fallen local rivals Hall Road Rangers on Tuesday night, so a response tomorrow tells us whether we really are 'concentrating on the league'.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      Sunday

Qatar v Ecuador

Monday

USA v Cymru

Tuesday

Denmark v Tunisia
                                      France v Australia

Wednesday*

Germany v Japan
                                      Spain v Costa Rica
                                      Belgium v Canada

Thursday

Switzerland v Cameroon
                                      Brazil v Serbia

* pending transport
                                      I dunno if I'll even watch on TV, I don't want to go, the whole thing's a farce etc etc etc..... still though, insanely jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Trin View Post
                                        Rugby League World Cup final in Manchester for me tomorrow and I'll try and pick up a local game on Tuesday or Wednesday, perhaps Waltham Abbey v Biggleswade.
                                        Oh, that's inconvenient. The rugby, not your trip to Waltham Abbey.

Thanks Capybara

Comment

This week offers the chance of two new ticks.

Saturday: Peterborough Sports v Cheshunt in the FA Trophy.

Tuesday: Harrowby United v Bourne Town in the UCL Div 1.

Comment

Slovakia vs Chile : Friendly (Bratislava, Sunday at 1330)

The last international appearance for Marek Hamsik. Admittedly, I don't watch a lot of live top-level football, but Hamsik is the best player I've seen this millennium and very easily the best I've seen multiple times. Time moves on, but it's sad to think I won't see him in action again. Hopefully, the many youngsters Slovakia have picked for this international window are making the most of a final chance to train and play alongside him.

The fixture is also a repeat of the best friendly game I've ever attended ; Chile, coached by Marcelo Bielsa, won 2-1 in Zilina in November 2009. Slovakia had just qualified for the 2010 World Cup, but were given the runaround for 75 minutes. That they were 1-2 down rather than 1-5 or 1-6 was a travesty. Then they sent on 'the big man', Martin Jakubko, for the last 15 minutes, knocked lots of long balls and crosses towards him, and nearly rescued an unlikely draw.

Chile should win again - 1-3 perhaps....

Comment

Nesta- The Arsenal v Man United game is on Saturday, so you can see all the opening ceremony on Sunday. I think it got moved for tv. I will be going along for a first visit to the Emirates.

Comment

Sheffield Wednesday v Shrewsbury

The highlight of the day will be the tram ride.

Comment

The FAW Trophy has reached it's nationalised point, meaning some rare low-level north v south clashes in Wales this weekend. I've plucked for Bethesda Athletic vs Penydarren BGC so as to finally watch a game at Parc Meurig. Although the downside is that I saw Penydarren last week in the cup.

In the week I'm in London, so plan to be at the Ladywell Arena for the Ladywell Clasico between Lewisham Borough and Forest Hill Park on Wednesday. More excited about this than anyone has any reason to be to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X