Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are they!? Exacchhly!! (Matchgoing starting Friday 5 Aug)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks to me as if the vote was pretty clear. You should respect democracy, Ian.

Comment

Stansted 1 Hadley 0
      FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round

Stansted Mountfitchet is a picturesque village with plenty of pubs and restaurants. After a pint of Woodforde’s Wherry in the local guide pub I made my way to the ground. There’s clearly a lot of wealth around these parts. Stansted also share with a cricket club and don’t have a home match on a Saturday until September for what I suspect is the same reason as above. The match kicked off three minutes late and there was little of note in the first half. A Hadley shot hit the outside of the post but the ‘keeper had it covered. Then the referee told one of the Stansted players three times to move back from where he was taking a throw-in and when he didn’t on the fourth occasion he awarded the throw-in to the other side. And that was it, really. The second half was marginally better with the home side having more possession, and the tie was settled after 75 minutes when a free-kick into the box was headed home by the no 4, Carl Conway. Att:214.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
        It looks to me as if the vote was pretty clear. You should respect democracy, Ian.
        Yeah, democracy is saying Lancing, but it's really hot and sunny here today and at least at Worthing there's more cover and I won't have to baste myself in factor 300 first.

I'll probably decide about half one.

Comment

There's a nice chippy close to Stansted's ground.

Comment

Ah yes, so there is. And I've posted on it.

I'm not on my way to Hartlepools today though. Good luck to all travellers.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
              There's a nice chippy close to Stansted's ground.
              Yes, I wish I'd spotted it before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                I think if I never hear that 'Accrington Stanley'-line again, it won't be a moment too soon...
                Every single time Accrington are mentioned my dad has to say the line, and it wasn't funny the first time. It's got to the point where I deliberately never mention the team to him. I've never actually even seen the advert myself.

Barnsley vs Cheltenham for me.

Comment

Back in Tutties Neuk for the first time for three years.

Comment

As seems to be usual in Scotland, the kickoff is bang on three o'clock.

Comment

For the first time that I've been here, I can see why it would be a nightmare in less than clement weather...

Comment

Also it's the first time that I've noticed Home and Away entrances.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                          As seems to be usual in Scotland, the kickoff is bang on three o'clock.
                          Scottish football keeps time much better than English football.

Comment

So when the Inverness Caledonian Thistle fans sing "Cally", what do the ex-Thistle fans sing?

Comment

There's a large number of gulls floating in the wind above the eastern goal. I'd take a photo, but I don't seem to be able to upload them onto here.

Comment

So close. And against the wind.

Comment

Goal-free first half. We have the wind in the second.

Comment

Royal Antwerp v Leuven tomorrow evening, the only 2 teams to win their first 2 league games. Alderweireld and Naingollan likely to play for Antwerp

Comment

The romance of the Cup for me, Southend Manor v Cockfosters. It's 0-0 St halftime but the first half was reasonably entertaining. I'll do a match report later.

Comment

The wind picks up even more as the second half kicks off.

Comment

Poor dive by the Arbroath 8 results in a yellow card.

Comment

Actually he is the number 27.

Comment

Inverness put the ball into the net some seconds after the offside whistle.

Comment

Cracking twenty yarder hits one of those outer post thingies.

Comment

Very wind assisted chance is clawed off the line by the Inverness keeper.

Comment

Another long ranger goes straight at the goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X