No announcement yet.

Paul's boutique - Serie A 2022/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just going through the Juventus wikipedia season pages for the time paratici was director of football. There's just so many fucking transfers. I mean there's a couple of hundred in total. It doesn't help that It's broken into in and out, and then other acquisitions and other sales, and then the same again for the winter transfer window. And there's so many fucking young players in there. For a club that really really struggles with picking anyone under 25, juventus were just wild for a massive money gamble on a young player, who they'd immediately send out on loan, before moving him on with a loan and obligation to buy far below what they paid for him.

Harry redknapp would look at list of juventus transfers for any one of those seasons, and conclude that perhaps there is such a thing as too much wheeler dealing.

Comment

That oshimen goal was nearly as sexy as the mitomo one.

Comment

Juve follow up their 15-point deduction with a 0-2 home loss to Monza, Milan get battered by Sassuolo, and Napoli get a last-minute winner over Roma, is Maradona's ghost going to be active domestically as well as internationally?

Comment

With Napoli also potentially under investigation over their transfer dealings, second-place could get you crowned as champions this season. As it stands, that'll be another tainted title for Inter.

Comment

I haven't seen the potential Napoli investigation. Any links?

Comment

Ah fuck sake Napoli.

Comment

Ah, found it
                https://football-italia.net/prosecut...investigation/

Comment

Fucking hell napoli You get into a position where you are strong favourites to win the league, and there's no danger that maradona is going to throw the whole thing for a bag of coke., and it turns out you're at this nonsense.
                  Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 30-01-2023, 12:45.

Comment

There's a conspiracy theory in the comments that this is to ensure that the 15 points come off next season's total. But I don't see how that makes the title less tainted. They allegedly valued a Greek 35 year old keeper at 21 million Euros, ffs. Not subtle.

I'm a little surprised that Lille didn't smell a rat at the time. These players show up who are supposed to be worth 20 million Euros and they're veterans and unproven kids?
                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 30-01-2023, 13:01.

Comment

I mean, they could still win the title even with 15 points deducted which, if I know my Neapolitans, they'd enjoy even more, so they should probably just bite the bullet and take the rap now

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        I'm a little surprised that Lille didn't smell a rat at the time. These players show up who are supposed to be worth 20 million Euros and they're veterans and unproven kids?
                        A key part in these scams is that both parties are involved.

Comment

This is very true.

If anyone expects this to be resolved by the end of this season, I have a collection of bridges that you might be interested in.

Comment

I get that clubs do this now to get around ffp, but why were inter and Milan doing this 20 years ago when Silvio and massimo could just throw whatever money they wanted at the situation?

Comment

1) For shits and giggles

2) Because they could

3) Because there were episodic expressions of interest in introducing some version of FFP domestically

4) Because they were already thinking about selling minority interests in the clubs to overseas capital and wanted to make the books look better

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                1) For shits and giggles
                                This post made me look up the origin of "for shits and giggles", since it has never made any sense to me as a phrase and I felt it was about time I looked it up. The internet suggests "for shits" is a rude variant of "for kicks" (because "shits" sounds so much like "kicks" in someone's head I presume), and "for giggles" is a variant of "for laughs" (at least that one works).

So, anyway, as you were. There's your useless piece of information for the day

Comment

The first two I am fine with, its just that I struggle with the the last two given the sheet scale of the sums that they were setting on fire every year. The sums involved in these scams would help take the edge off the losses sure, but only barely, but say Silvio got 100 million quid for a minority stake from some gobshite, that's only going to cover their need for cash for maybe two years at most. And you'd want to be a top level gobshite to be helping fund Silvio's self glorifying milan adventure.

Comment

You are imposing a rational framework on the actions of Berlusconi and Moratti with regard to their football clubs

Comment

hah, I thought I said I was comfortable with the idea of them committing recreational fraud for it's own sake. I just can't really see beyond that!

Comment

Cremonese have won a game!!!!

A win today for roma would have seen them go third, behind inter on goal difference, and ahead of milan on goal difference, but cremonese scored a late penalty. But Roma had been effectively reduced to 8 men, when 'il piccolo duce' himself was sent off in the first half. he abandoned his position watching from the tunnel before the 6 minutes of injury time. Fair dues to them for managing to eke nearly 2 points a game out of 31 goals in 24 games.

Comment

Torino 1.0 ahead of Juventus after two minutes. It won't last.

Comment

Told you, 1.1 after 16 minutes

Comment

Can we finally win a game against The Old Lady? It's the hope that kills you.

Comment

Normal service resumed.

Comment

Whilst Inter are currently a goal down at Spezia, now seems as good a time as any to mention just how awful the Ligurians' home kit is this season. It's basically a plain white t-shirt with as many sponsors slapped on as possible, the only concession to 'design' being the asymmetrical black collar:

b6b33-16730323862953-1920.jpg

This is in stark contrast to the quite wonderful away strip, an elegant blend of pastel brushstrokes inspired by the archtecture of Cinque Terre:

spezia-22-23-third-kit%20%281%29.jpg
                                                  Anyway, Daniele Maldini - the son of Paolo - got the goal, which leaves Inter 15 points adrift of Napoli with a game out of hand. Roma and Lazio each have the chance to move second over the weekend, the former set to inevitably slip up at home against a mediocre Sassuolo, and the latter facing a tricky trip tp in form Bologna.

EDIT: Though as I post this, Romelu Lukaku levels for Inter from the spot.
                                                  Last edited by Il Pił Vecchio Smoggie; 10-03-2023, 21:42.

Comment

And now M'Bala Nzola has made it 2-1 with a penalty of his own, his 12th goal of the season!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X