Paul's boutique - Serie A 2022/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul's boutique - Serie A 2022/23

The say never go back which Pogba proved when he returned to Manchester United - will the same happen at Juventus? With no Pirlo, Vidal, Pjanic and more importantly no Marchisio will he prove to be the silk purse of a sow's ear?

Everyone appears to be leaving Napoli, if the tittle-tattle mongers in the pink papers are to be believed. Still no news on a new contract for Mertens. Koulibaly's agent is offering him to Barcelona or Chelsea but not Juventus, honest. Fabian Ruiz has been linked to Arsenal and Newcastle as well as Spanish teams. Politano reportedly wants to move. Insigne has already gone.

I absolutely hate transfer rumour season. It's a whole industry now that people take more seriously than the actual football.

Comment

I think Pogba is more likely to succeed than not at his second stint at Juve, where he played well as the most advanced player in a midfield three, which was also the situation where France won the World Cup (and crucially, not how they played when they got knocked out at the Euros, or how Manchester United set up with him). Aside from Pogba, they've also picked up Mandragora and Rovella, who both play as the deepest man in a three along with Zakaria, and they have Locatelli/McKennie/Rabiot (although it seems likely one of those will be going) as two-way players.

With the combination of Allegri as manager and having to transition to a new era in central defense, I don't think there's any way they do anything other than set up to keep the barn doors closed and win a bunch of games one-nil. Whether the fans stay onboard with that is another question; I think it's a great platform to Pogba to do well though, as it maximizes his strengths and minimizes his weaknesses.
      Last edited by scratchmonkey; 03-07-2022, 22:55.

Comment

I'm hoping Jose is out by the end of pre-season but after winning the super important Conference League, I fear he will be around until the end of the season.

Comment

Sampdoria captain and legend Fabio Quagliarelli resigns for the 22/23 season, as things stand are main goal threats are all comfortably in the veteran camp:

Fabio Quagliarelli - 39
          Antonio Candreva - 35
          Francesco Caputo - 34 (turns 35 in August)
          Manolo Gabbiadini - 30

Comment

The more things change … Pogba to miss the first half of the season.

Comment

Irish international Niamh Farrell joins the new Parma women's team. Meanwhile, both James Abankwah and Festy Ebosele look like being regular starters for Udinese, while in Serie B, the progress of Liam Kerrigan and Aaron Connolly will be keenly watched.

Comment

Took all of 80 seconds for Lukaku to score on his competitive return for Inter.

Comment

Why is no one else in for Simeone, and why is he so cheap, relatively speaking?

Comment

He has a reputation for being "difficult" that may or not be justified.

Comment

A potential £15m total fee seems an absolute steal given he got 17 Serie A goals last year. Though I've no idea how he, Osimhen and potentially Raspadori all fit in.

Comment

Roma start with Abraham, Pellegrini, Dybala and Zaniolo and miss a hatful of chances in the first thirty minutes, including three by Zaniolo. Luckily for Roma Cristante was on hand to find the net.

Comment

That's a hell of an attacking lineup for a Mourinho team.

Comment

When I first saw it I though the heat was playing tricks on my eyes.

Comment

Not sure how both Dybala and Abraham contrived not to put Roma 2-0 up before HT.

Comment

Dybala looks so young. I'd ID him in the pub, nqat.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                  A potential £15m total fee seems an absolute steal given he got 17 Serie A goals last year. Though I've no idea how he, Osimhen and potentially Raspadori all fit in.
                                  Then again, if they can score five at Hellas, maybe he's not such a priority

Comment

I enjoyed Osimhen giving it to the racists. Very wholesome. But what sort of batshit kick off time is 5.30 on a Monday afternoon?

Comment

Holiday scheduling that doesn't interfere with lunch or dinner

Comment

Ah, the Assumption of Mary. That makes sense. I just thought Serie A were doing pazzo things for TV again. That was the assumption of EIM.

Comment

That's the religious cover for the two weeks in August that literally everyone other than footballers get off

Comment

With the election campaign in full swing, one pollster has done party breakdown by football club supported - no really left-wing fans, but Fiorentina and Napoli are about the most inclined:

Comment

There is also a strong regional element to that, with Firenze being the centre of the PD and Milano still a Silvio stronghold, for instance.

Meloni herself is thought to have been a Lazio supporter before switching to Roma.

Comment

Kvaratskhelia looks some player. The best Georgian since a little fat lad turned up at City in the 90s.

Comment

Osimhen makes it two, having spent the whole first half smashing the ball everywhere but on target. Fuck Berlusconi.

Petagna playing for Monza. He was ideal for Napoli as he looked exactly like a character from Gomorrah.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X