The Walks - National League North and South 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Walks - National League North and South 2022-23

The Linnets' relegation from the big National League is notable because it opens up yet another opportunity for a Cure-related 2022-23 division thread ...

They find themselves in the North section with the likes of Darlo and Blyth. Both divisions now at 24 teams too, so hopefully we don't get a huge fixture pile up.

An old friend has torn up his Newcastle season ticket and has been invited to Morpeth and S. Shields games by others, so I might get along to Blyth with him sometime this season.

Comment

I assume they'll do what they've done previously and try to cram about 57 fixtures into August, to try to avoid such pile-ups. Good idea in theory but never fully seems to work.

Comment

I shall chip in on this thread whilst keeping an eye on Tonbridge Angels progress in NLS, who have got off to a decent W2 D1 start.

Interesting - for me, anyway - to note there are no clubs with former EFL experience in the South this season (think there’s 8 in the North as well as 14 at Step 1).

Comment

I watched the highlights of Lynn's 2-1 midweek win - v. tidy football. Looking fwd to seeing the highlights of the 4-0 away win at Telford. 100% record still intact. That Swiss lad they signed from Wrexham, Gold Omotayo, is very useful.

Comment

Oooh, didn't see this. I usually post a belated report from Bath City's matches on the related threads but will try and keep up with wider NLS. Once again, disappointed but hardly surprised that Hereford (and, to a lesser extent, Gloucester) are in the North. We have a couple of more local fixtures in Taunton and Weymouth. Unfortunately, the former is on a Tuesday but the latter is in Easter half term which is a result. As usual, almost half of our away fixtures are the other side of London which makes them akin to the part of the map that says "There be monsters" if you are travelling from the South West. I have already done the Hampton & Richmond fixture so can't see myself doing any others unless I go to Dulwich which will depend purely on my enthusiasm for the team/league at the time.

Comment

Due to Sunluns excellent start in D2 away tickets are like hens teeth. Looks like it’ll be St Albans and a few further down the pyramid for me this season.

Comment

AFC Fylde manager James Rowe has been charged with sexual assault. Statement from that ever lovable club to follow this morning.

Comment

Something along the lines of "He was just being overly friendly. Honestly, you can't even pay a woman a compliment or pat them on the backside without someone do-gooder telling the police. They were probably asking for it anyway, I mean a football ground is no place for a woman is it etc etc."

Comment

The Fylde board are meeting this afternoon before making a further statement, presumably to work out how exactly they're going to present the point that they knew this was hanging over Rowe but went ahead and appointed him anyway. Dread to think what the "due dilligence" was that the chairman claims they did at the time.

Comment

I had covered it here before.

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...ges-in-2021-22

Page 30, post 738

Comment

Ian Allinson given the push earlier in the week at St Albans. He’s staying on as commercial manager. It’s been all down hill for the Saints since they beat Forest Green in the FAC last season live on TV. I dunno if fame went to their heads or the other clubs wanted to bring them down a peg or two. A half decent points return from the games in hand they had around the time of their cup exploits would’ve seen them promoted but it looked like they were determined not to get promoted.

Comment

Meanwhile, at Hereford

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...nched-25619318

​​​​​​Alleged homophobic abuse directed towards Jacob Hazel at Edgar Street

Unequivocal statement from Hereford

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...nched-25619318

(Please cross reference with "is abuse getting worse?" thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                            Meanwhile, at Herefordhttps://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...nched-25619318

​​​​​​Alleged homophobic abuse directed towards Jacob Hazel at Edgar Street

loathe to derail a serious story, but somebody has done an astounding bit of photoshop on... whatever the fuck it is driving past Hereford's ground in the photo there.

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post

loathe to derail a serious story, but somebody has done an astounding bit of photoshop on... whatever the fuck it is driving past Hereford's ground in the photo there.
                              That really is astounding!

Comment

Peterborough Sports looking for another backer after rising through the leagues to quickly. Crowds of just 300 and a successful FL club seems the odds are against them surviving.

Comment

I see Ebbsfleet we’re well and truly knocked off their NLS perch over the holiday season. 4 losses in a row, including 2 pumpings by dear neighbours and new leaders Dartford. Not sure whether it’s a blip or something is up…

Meanwhile, pleased to see Tonbridge Angels are having a decent enough season by their usual standards… so far.

Comment

Postponed - other...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                      Modern footballers with their privileged lifestyles eh?

Comment

Blyth blasted their way out of the bottom 4 last night. Probably temporarily given the games in hand tally below

Comment

Now it's looking increasingly likely there'll be three very southern teams and only one northern coming down from the National League, who would be in line to be shunted across from South to North to make up the numbers? I guess one of the promoted teams from the Southern League Central (unless it's Leiston)? And if say two of Coalville, Nuneaton and Tamworth came up from that division, would they both go into NL North and Gloucester or Hereford be shifted to the South? Complicated!

Comment

Both teams from Southern League Central Premier (there is also a Premier South as well as the Ithsmian) will go into National North with the teams from the Northern Premier League. If Oxford City don't win the National South playoffs then they will be shunted into National North. If they do then it could be Braintree.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                                              Now it's looking increasingly likely there'll be three very southern teams and only one northern coming down from the National League,
                                              Don’t jinx it!!!! We looked like a side that could snatch an unlikely relegation yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                                Both teams from Southern League Central Premier (there is also a Premier South as well as the Ithsmian) will go into National North with the teams from the Northern Premier League. If Oxford City don't win the National South playoffs then they will be shunted into National North. If they do then it could be Braintree.
                                                I had a look at the Isthmian and Southern Premier South – Bishop's Stortford and Chesham appear to be the only promotion candidates from north of London in those leagues. Would surely be difficult justifying placing anyone else from those leagues in NL North?

Comment

Haven't Bishop's Stortford already played in the Conference North?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X