Moyes Don't Cry - English Premier League 2022/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    Man U fans getting excited about finishing on 75 points.
    Are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
      Chelsea fans singing "Bruno Bruno you're a cunt" after the whiney little fuckweasel makes the most of a tiny bit of contact in the box. I wish more terrace chants had the C word in them.
      A popular Brentford chant when we play Palace is 'Jordan Ayew, your brother's a cunt'.

We were reacquainted with Andre after his time at Swansea when he came on to waste time for Forest. Pleasingly, he was booked within a couple of minutes and Brentford scored two late goals to win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
        This Chelsea team are pathetic. Pound for pound, the worst PL team of all time.
        I can't decide whether, pound for pound, the worst player is Fofana, Fernandez or Mudryk.

Comment

Are we?
          No, I'm being bad. A bit of trolling. Apologies.

Comment

No, I'm being bad. A bit of trolling. Apologies.
            Quite right too. You'd never catch me trolling.

*slowly turns to camera*

Comment

Man Utd won the league- and by 6 clear points- with 75 points in 1997. Think that's the lowest total points its been won with since football was invented by tony blair and david mellor in 1992

Comment

David Mellor would have to change his shirt in embarassment after watching this Chelsea side.

Comment

Wearing it for getting pissed on might still be appropriate.

Comment

If you'd told me a year ago that Enzo Fernández's Old Trafford debut would end in a 4–1 win for United, I'd have been very happy indeed. And I am very happy indeed! So that's nice. If only he'd stayed at Benfica. (Or signed for us a year ago for £10m. Have I ever mentioned I'm annoyed we didn't sign him a year ago for £10m?)

Comment

Looking at the way Chelsea's infant full back slung balls into the six yard box for their forwards to bungle, Man City might score a consolation goal at the very least, late on in the FA Cup Final.

Comment

I think Man U winning that game might be the biggest shock in a Wembley final since 1988. Every Man U weakness plays into Man City's strengths; their centre backs v Haaland being the obvious but not only example. And if the response to that is to park the bus for 120 minutes then hit long balls out to Rashford, that worked when Diaz was out but has less chance now.
                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 26-05-2023, 17:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          If you'd told me a year ago that Enzo Fernández's Old Trafford debut would end in a 4–1 win for United, I'd have been very happy indeed. And I am very happy indeed! So that's nice. If only he'd stayed at Benfica. (Or signed for us a year ago for £10m. Have I ever mentioned I'm annoyed we didn't sign him a year ago for £10m?)
                          Well that's the price you pay for blowing up a perfectly good manager, having a dead duck caretaker for 60% of the season. You just give up on forward planning and shrewdness, and wind up desperately trying to sign players he already knows at short notice and at great expense.

Comment

I think Man U winning that game might be the biggest shock in a Wembley final since 1988. Every Man U weakness plays into Man City's strengths; their centre backs v Haaland being the obvious but not only example. And if the response to that is to park the bus for 120 minutes then hit long balls out to Rashford, that worked when Diaz was out but has less chance now.
                            We've beaten them this season.

Comment

It is interesting when Satchmo does his Rogin parodies.

Comment

I know it well established by now but Wimbledon finished 7 in 1988 albeit 33 points behind Liverpool. 1994/5 was 15 (Everton) against 2 (Man Utd) with a 38 point difference. 2012/12 was even bigger discrepancy-Wigan 18 against Man City 2 with 42 points difference. The closest recent comparison to how much of a shock Man City losing will be 2016/17 when champions Chelsea lost to Arsenal at 5 and a 18 point difference. And Arsenal did beat Chelsea in the League that season.

Comment

We've beaten them this season.
                                  Wasn't Diaz out then?

Comment

Wasn't Diaz out then?
                                    Dunno. Can't remember. But the idea that city losing to a team that looks like it'll finish third, and that has already beaten them this season, is a huge upset is kind of laughable.

I think we'll lose, as it goes. But I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                      If only he'd stayed at Benfica.
                                      That's what I say to myself every time I hear the name "Renato Sanches".

Comment

Wasn't Diaz out then?
                                        He was, but it was Walker, Ake, Akanji, Cancelo. It isn't exactly a make-shift back line.

Comment

Dunno. Can't remember. But the idea that city losing to a team that looks like it'll finish third, and that has already beaten them this season, is a huge upset is kind of laughable.

I think we'll lose, as it goes. But I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't.
                                          It was five months ago. You can't expect people to remember that far back.

Comment

And if the response to that is to park the bus for 120 minutes then hit long balls out to Rashford, that worked when Diaz was out but has less chance now.
                                            this is not how man utd have ever scored against pep's man city. This is just nonsense that cunts like Jonathan Wilson came up with to explain why ole gunnar solksjaer kept beating pep, despite him clearly being worse than even David moyes.

Comment

I wish we could park the bus, mind. Maybe then we wouldn't get humped so often.

We'll certainly let city have the ball and then try to get in behind them, but it's less a bus parking than an old Volvo estate left running on double yellows as we nip into Nisa for a pack of fags and a Tizer.

We were less than clinical against Chelsea, wasting not only chances, but 3 on 1 breakaways ffs. We can't do that v City. Every chance has to go in.

Comment

I wish we could park the bus, mind. Maybe then we wouldn't get humped so often.

We'll certainly let city have the ball and then try to get in behind them, but it's less a bus parking than an old Volvo estate left running on double yellows as we nip into Nisa for a pack of fags and a Tizer.

We were less than clinical against Chelsea, wasting not only chances, but 3 on 1 breakaways ffs. We can't do that v City. Every chance has to go in.
                                                And Chelsea had a few clear chances in the first half.

Comment

I’ve always been inclined to fancy a ManU win if it’s a crunch game against ManC. I think it’ll be ManU after penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

It was five months ago. You can't expect people to remember that far back.
                                                    Fair point. I was massively inflating the impact of Diaz's absence on that game. Rashford was fantastic - one of the best performances of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X