Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    No,, you don't understand.

If not for the cabal,.Arsenal would be the Bayern of England.
    They play in red and one one much likes them. They're most of the way there already.

Comment

More importantly, what's a PGMOL

Comment

Isn't it the refs' gang?

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
          More importantly, what's a PG MOL

Comment

Oh very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
              More importantly, what's a PGMOL
              'Pissy Gooners manifesting obvious limitations', in this instance.

Comment

I tend to favour the cock-up theory rather than conspiracy here. In other words, incompetence. Of which there was shed loads on display in the Chelsea-Spurs fixture.

I also think the sport is desperately in need of a retrospective sanction process in order to discourage what Jah described as "shithousery", but could be more clearly described as filthy cynical violence. And without all the stupid exceptions ("you can't be retrospectively penalised if X happened", where X is some kind of contemporary review). Because if utter c*nts like Romero who are happy to pull a defender violently to the ground by his hair are likely to get a retrospective multi-match ban from post-match video review then it might stop the scum doing that kind of scumming.

Comment

Perhaps they need to bring in some sort of video assistant referee...?

Comment

Lots of people seem not to have noticed that it's Chelsea. So, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                      I tend to favour the cock-up theory rather than conspiracy here. In other words, incompetence. Of which there was shed loads on display in the Chelsea-Spurs fixture.

I also think the sport is desperately in need of a retrospective sanction process in order to discourage what Jah described as "shithousery", but could be more clearly described as filthy cynical violence. And without all the stupid exceptions ("you can't be retrospectively penalised if X happened", where X is some kind of contemporary review). Because if utter c*nts like Romero who are happy to pull a defender violently to the ground by his hair are likely to get a retrospective multi-match ban from post-match video review then it might stop the scum doing that kind of scumming.
                      The comment was more geared to the kind of snarkiness that we haven't seen enough at Tottenham - ie, players prepared to mix it up to get a reaction. (I don't particularly like it myself, but this clearly is how the better teams seem to gain advantage at the sharp end.)

I don't consider what Romero did as 'sh*thousery' - it was violent conduct. And it should indeed be examined in any reviews of the law/s -as should simulation and the treatment of officials.

But let's not pretend that it's a 'new' thing.

Comment

For the record, I'm not arguing either that it's a new thing, or that it is anywhere close to being unique to Spurs. No doubt our views will differ on the relative extent to which such behaviour occurs amongst footballers in different clubs, but I can see that wouldn't be a particularly fruitful or uplifting debate.

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
                          Perhaps they need to bring in some sort of video assistant referee...?
                          Although it's a different game in the flow of play, the introduction in rugby of the ability of the TMO to watch the game both in real time and on recording, thus allowing them to alert the ref to foul play at any time, even during ball in play, has been great. Knowing that the ref can go back and look at anything a camera has picked up and punish accordingly has meant the game's gone soft, or to put it another way, the violent headcases sneakily shithousing their way from one elbow in the ruck to another gouge or kneedrop have been pretty much eliminated. You still get idiots blowing a fuse and taking a swing, but by and large the old school violence has gone.

French domestic rugby is, of course, another matter.

Comment

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1559691922725281800?t=iDDzOSZ5SCuFEYKJ6NJHZg&s=19

Never check Twitter just before bed.

Comment

It's a marriage made in heaven.

Comment

It was a joke apparently. He's an attention seeking manchild.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                                  For the record, I'm not arguing either that it's a new thing, or that it is anywhere close to being unique to Spurs. No doubt our views will differ on the relative extent to which such behaviour occurs amongst footballers in different clubs, but I can see that wouldn't be a particularly fruitful or uplifting debate.
                                  Well, it'd be hard to find any real 'truth' there perhaps.

However, you seemed to have some misunderstanding over what I consider 'sh*thousery', so I thought I should clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                    It was a joke apparently. He's an attention seeking manchild.
                                    Course it was. But rumours abound that a sale is imminent.

Comment

https://twitter.com/UtdPlug/status/1559882432886849541?t=UkQ-6za_DcqBvYqRsSZyvA&s=19

Nothing gets the blood going like a good consortium.

Comment

Hang on. Man Utd is worth less than Twitter?

Maybe Elon wasn't joking after all.

Comment

Someone needs to make a Homer in Chelsea shirt GIF backing into the hedge and reemerging in a Manchester United shirt. For all the bidders who missed out on their love of Chelsea.

Comment

I bet the Glazers would sell Man Utd for 6 gigadollars, if anyone were stupid enough to pay that much.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                              They’re circling too. United have lost two games and already they are the rotting corpse in a vulture metaphor.

Comment

Man, FSG must be laughing their sphincters out. What did they pay for Liverpool after Tweedledumb and Tweedledumber had finished shitting the bed? £300million? One twelfth of a Chelsea or - according to the above - one twentieth of a Man Utd.

Comment

The Chelsea sale price certainly set a "time to sell" alarm for anyone not in it for the long haul.

Comment

Or in 2010 you could have bought 150 Leicester City FCs for that. (Same as Ipswich in 2021, interestingly.)

Or indeed 30 Manchester City FCs...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X