No announcement yet.

Let's Go to 'head - National League 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickoff at Barnet v York delayed for half an hour due to a lack of medical staff at the stadium. That's a new one on me.

Comment

Are you there?

Comment

Nope, no trains, so have just popped along to Ferriby today.

Comment

What's the record Conference attendance, one wonders - Notts County v Wrexham will surely sell out tonight?

Comment

Judging by the pictures I've seen so far, it's not sold out by any stretch. As for records, I can't seem to find anything more definitive than the 12,843 at Meadow Lane for their game against Solihull Moors last season.

If you include all of non-league, Dulwich Hamlet apparently got over 16,000 for a game against Nunhead in 1931.

Comment

I'm here. Crowd has just been announced as 10741 with 1892 from Wrexham.

Wrexham pushing for an equaliser. Notts just about hanging on.
              Last edited by cantagalo; 04-10-2022, 20:35.

Comment

Quite a statement result that from Notts. I thought they had a bit of a whiff of a championship-winning team about them when they were at ours the other week – they don't seem to be the most exciting or spectacular, but look really solid, powerful, and have people who can actually score goals.

Comment

I see Bruno Andrade has returned to Boreham Wood. Recall whilst he was at Lincoln there were fans thinking that he was good enough to play at Championship level.

Comment

Yeovil and their local plod have decided their investigation into the racist chanting at the York game earlier in the season is completed with no further action to be taken, because apparently the CCTV and the 'many supporters' they've spoken to were unable to identify the individual responsible from the heaving masses who were in attendance. Glad that's all taken care of then.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                      Quite a statement result that from Notts. I thought they had a bit of a whiff of a championship-winning team about them when they were at ours the other week – they don't seem to be the most exciting or spectacular, but look really solid, powerful, and have people who can actually score goals.
                      I thought Notts looked the best team I've seen in this league since Barrow the other year when they played at Dagenham. We were feeble (losing 5-0 flattered us) but their movement and passing was on another level. Going to be very interesting to see how it shakes out between them and Wrexham.

Comment

Ten more minutes and Barnet would have got a draw out of that.

Comment

Eleven minutes, they'd have probably nicked it 8-7. No defending, just vibes.

First Dover, now this. The only way we're outdoing this chaos is if we start playing basketball.

Comment

Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Next set of TV games confirmed, including one each in NL North and South...

Upcoming live BT Sport matches:
                              Saturday October 29 FC Halifax vs Oldham Athletic (5.20pm)
                              Saturday November 12 Altrincham vs York City (5.20pm)
                              Saturday November 19 Chesterfield vs Solihull Moors (3pm)
                              Tuesday November 8 Southend vs Notts County (7.45pm)
                              Saturday December 3 York City vs Wrexham (12.30pm)
                              Wednesday December 7 Kidderminster vs Chester (7.30pm)
                              Sunday December 11 Braintree Town vs Dulwich Hamlet (12.30pm)
                              Sunday December 11 Oldham Athletic vs Torquay United (3pm)
                              Monday December 26 Barnet vs Boreham Wood (3pm)
                              Monday January 2 Maidstone United vs Dagenham & Redbridge (3pm)

Comment

Southend v Notts County on November 8 replaces the advertised programme of Scunthorpe v Wrexham, which has been pushed back a day as Wrexham are playing Oldham in the cup on the Sunday, and also because Scunthorpe are rubbish.

Comment

He's a good lad, that Paul Mullin:

Shame he's not allowed to wear them.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                    He's a good lad, that Paul Mullin:

Shame he's not allowed to wear them.
                                    These are, indeed, great boots. One positive is that the argument about them on the FB group has, at last, stopped people rowing about whether or not we should sack our manager.

Comment

Notts County are expecting a crowd of more than 16,000 on Saturday for their game againt Yeovil. Home tickets have already sold out.

Comment

Interesting documentary on the distribution of the pandemic grant money by the Conference has been released, good to see FIFA aren't the only organisation that likes to avoid transparency. I am even more convinced after watching this that we'll never know just exactly why some clubs got a lot more money than others (I can guess why but it would be nice to see it in black and white one day).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhs6B8FyDKc

Comment

On the subject of money in the Conference, I'm hearing news that staff at Scunny have not been paid this month...

Comment

On the subject of money in the Conference, I'm hearing news that staff at Scunny have not been paid this month...
                                            Some of the back office staff at Southend have only been paid after the SUFC Trust stepped in to pay them. The youth team have gone on strike over unpaid wages.

Comment

Yep, I read staff and players, 'hoping to get paid today or tomorrow'. Some players who were supposed to carry out local community work have gone on strike.

Comment

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/...mber/takeover/

"We warmly welcome long-standing Scunthorpe United supporters Ian Sharp and Simon Elliott to the Football Club. Both have worked tirelessly to secure the future of the Iron and after many long hours have finally achieved their goal by agreeing a deal with Mr Swann."

Comment

Originally posted by Bermuda Iron View Post
                                                  https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/...mber/takeover/

"We warmly welcome long-standing Scunthorpe United supporters Ian Sharp and Simon Elliott to the Football Club. Both have worked tirelessly to secure the future of the Iron and after many long hours have finally achieved their goal by agreeing a deal with Mr Swann."

I presume that's good news?

Comment

I hope so. Fans of the club and it means the back of Swann.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X