Pas Forest - Division Two 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Wigan are (so far) the only one in the three divisions of the EFL this season
    Reading are set to get a six point deduction. Huddersfield are due twelve points deducted. Birmingham are set to be penalised too though it's not clear how much. At t'other end of the table Sheffield United are also in hot water. The Championship tends to be the worst offender in the EFL, (though some penalties don't come into effect until the relevant clubs have gone up or down) the combination of declining parachute payments and desperation is financially toxic. We'll know more on Thursday.

Comment

Huddersfield have just been bought by an unnamed "North American Group". Given the paucity of information on the buyer(s) - literally that is all that is known - this sounds more likely to be a bad thing for them than a good one.

Comment

The Mail says that they are American

The degree of euphoria among their Twitter supporters is as surprising as it is problematic

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          The Mail says that they are American

The degree of euphoria among their Twitter supporters is as surprising as it is problematic
          The Guardian's headline says US, but the article just says North American https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Comment

The person in question is Kevin M Nagle, a Californian who made his pile in health care and owns Sacramento Republic (2d tier) and is an investor in the Sacramento Kings of the NBA

Comment

Isn't Paul Buckle the manager of Sacramento Republic? I don't wish Huddersfield ill, but if they make him manager it could possibly be the greatest thing in football ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                Isn't Paul Buckle the manager of Sacramento Republic? I don't wish Huddersfield ill, but if they make him manager it could possibly be the greatest thing in football ever!!!
                Paul Chuckle?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                  Apparently there are weird things happening at the New York.
                  Full replay on the 25th of April.

Comment

Two games in row lost on a dumb penalty within the first five minutes. We are soooooo screwed! It's hard to see where anymore points are coming from.

Comment

I didn't really want to take delight in it, but having predicted that today's game at the MKM Stadium would be bloody dreadful due to loads of occasional fans taking advantage of a cheap entry offer, I had a bit of a chuckle to myself while watching 4 goals and a sending off just up the road.

Comment

The double double completed. After a century of no side ever completing the double over the other Swansea have now done it in consecutive seasons over Cardiff.

Comment

I hear that the rapist might be retiring from football having had dreadful whiplash after a Rotherham player had him by the throat recently

Any idea who the Rotherham player was?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                            The double double completed. After a century of no side ever completing the double over the other Swansea have now done it in consecutive seasons over Cardiff.
                            Please, the correct term is the Doube Doube.

I will admit to having hugely enjoyed the schadenfreude since hearing Cabango's (a Cardiffian rejected by Tan U whose brother plays for the capital's rugby team) winner going in.

Nothing has been funnier than this video, the soundtrack of "Yay, ooh, aaaargggh, thwack, thwack, thwack" (the latter being seats flipping up as Tan U customers flounce off) elevates it to comedy gold.

https://twitter.com/richard28802233/status/1642253726944468993?s=46&t=YPTuyXx_pzpV4Wjm6pdF-Q
                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 03-04-2023, 15:15.

Comment

There must be a few Jacks who have seen a monumental 93rd minute equaliser for their country and a 99th minute derby winner for their club on consecutive Saturdays (with both teams in all white too).

Pêl-droed, eh? Uffern waedlyd!

Comment

Always great to see a keeper run the length of the pitch to join in the celebrating.

Comment

My mate who supports QPR is also of the opinion they are going down. So next season we might be taking a trip to Shrewsbury and being in opposite ends of the ground.

Comment

You'd be hard pressed to find an R's fan who doesn't believe relegation is nailed on. Only clubs below us losing, or picking up points deductions, is likely to save us.

Comment

https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1643215241226989569?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow]

Comment

Good news for Huddersfield maybe.

Comment

And us...

Comment

Some may have to say this through gritted teeth - not me particularly - but fair play to Warnock for getting Huddersfield playing and now out of the bottom three after an impressive win at Watford. With Cardiff winning too it’s only Reading’s points deductions keeping QPR out of the drop zone, but they’re clearly struggling. Preston, though, are on a real surge.

Comment

I'm sitting in the pub trying to concentrate on the paper and every time I look up, there's another goal in Sunderland. What's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                                Some may have to say this through gritted teeth - not me particularly - but fair play to Warnock for getting Huddersfield playing and now out of the bottom three after an impressive win at Watford. With Cardiff winning too it’s only Reading’s points deductions keeping QPR out of the drop zone, but they’re clearly struggling. Preston, though, are on a real surge.
                                                We're done like dinner. Scoring less than one goal every two games for half a season will do that. Fans aside, pretty much everyone thinks we're down, even if they won't say so. The players' body language when they walk onto the pitch tells you everything.

Comment

Congratulations to Burnley. They have absolutely pissed this league.

Comment

Good Friday 2022: Sean Dyche sacked.
                                                    Good Friday 2023: Win promotion back to the Premier League.

Bit of a weird coincidence, especially as we’re owned by Mormons.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X