Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pas Forest - Division Two 2022-23

I don't even like the Cure.

So, expect the usual mix of overachieving diddy teams, basket case 'sleeping giants', financial dopers, points deductions and parachute money bloated teams creaming everyone else

Fuck it, I was about to do Hull-aby.

Comment

At this level, you just have to be so quick Sean.

Anyway, what's all this about Gareth Bale maybe foing to Cardiff? Seems a nice idea in a way, and I suppose the fans won't mind too much if he saves himself a bit for the world cup, but grist to the mill of those who say that thd only club he cares about is his nine iron.

Mind you, have you seen the state of football clubs these days? Not giving a shit feels pretty relatable

Comment

Harrumph. A bloody Palace fan patronising us just because they're having an extended run in the parasite league...

Comment

A real step backwards for Derby although regular listeners to The Price of Football will be unsurprised that Kirchner hasn’t produced the funds.
          https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61760255

Comment

Did Derby not go down?

Comment

22-23 is definitely the new season, promise.

Comment

Yes, maybe this should have gone in the new thread.

I find it so hard to move on these days.

Comment

New thread here. This is already under discussion.

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...23#post2615775

Comment

(This, also, is a new thread, for the second division, for the coming season.)

Comment

One thing is for sure, I don't think it's going to be boring up here at The Circle. If we land our reported midfield targets, we could be in for a fun season.

We've apparently put a bid in for Scott Twine, and after a load of Franchise fans took to Twitter yesterday and proclaimed it a 'sideways' move, I've never wanted us to sign a player more.

Comment

VKB. Official.

Vincent Kompany's first Championship game in charge of Burnley will be at Huddersfield in the first match of the season on 29 July.

Comment

The fixtures seem to have been released pre-formatted for TV - Hudds-Burnley on Friday, Sunderland-Cov on Sunday, Sheff Utd-Watford on Monday. The same happened with the Premier League. Makes you wonder how much influence they have - the Friday and Monday fixtures are suspiciously "big" games for the computer to have thrown up.

Comment

I think the fixtures get generated as a block of 12 games, then the TV companies take their pick, and only then are the fixtures released with the new dates

Comment

Normally the fixtures are released around now for a mid-August start and the TV companies start shifting them around. With the games starting five weeks from now, I assume they were working with TV to get it all sorted beforehand. I doubt the TV companies had any influence on it - they were probably going to have Vincent Kompany's Burnley on live for the first weekend anyway whoever we were playing.

(The key thing is that the game now clashes with Huddersfield Giants' home match against Warrington.)

Comment

Middlesbrough have an early opportunity to assess if signings are any good by dint of a Tuesday night game at Stoke in early August.

Comment

August? Likely to be inconclusive as it will neither be cold nor rainy.

Comment

I understand Stoke's ground is always cold.

Anyway I am still reeling from the the Boro vs Sunlun game being when our household is away.

Comment

Surprised they didn't line up Cardiff v Norwich as there still seems to be a chance Bale might sign for the former.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                        Normally the fixtures are released around now for a mid-August start and the TV companies start shifting them around. With the games starting five weeks from now, I assume they were working with TV to get it all sorted beforehand. I doubt the TV companies had any influence on it - they were probably going to have Vincent Kompany's Burnley on live for the first weekend anyway whoever we were playing.

(The key thing is that the game now clashes with Huddersfield Giants' home match against Warrington.)
                                        The football club are the "priority tenants", so Giants will have to rearrange their game.

It's a pity Dyche has gone, otherwise I could have inserted some top banter about Burnley fitting right in, could have given them a game etc.

Comment

Coventry Arena is hosting Commonwealth games wrestling on August 6th, so I'd have thought Coventry's first home game, against Rotherham, will be postponed. Maybe Birmingham's against Huddersfield as well.

Comment

And it's been moved to the Sunday.

Comment

It's fast becoming an intriguing window at The Circle. We've missed out on Twine, reportedly the deal for Serri is dead or dying, Honeyman going to Millwall has upset a few fans, and the possibility of KLP signing for Brentford increased a little more yesterday, prompting some idiot fans to take to the socials threatening to hand back the memberships they bought yesterday morning. But we've got Figueiredo, the deals for Tufan and Traore are just about done, and if Potter does go we know that the money will be reinvested in the squad.

Comment

Burnley have said that they've agreed with Huddersfield that tickets for away fans for both League games between the clubs are capped at £25. They will also make that same offer to all the other clubs.

Comment

Gangster Octopus and elguapo4 will both be delighted that Georgie Kelly appears to be flying in preseason - four goals in three friendly games.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X