Pictures of Crewe - Division Four 2022/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
    The reaction from club and decent fans a is at least a small positive.

Comment

This is very poor and even I can't defend Gunter for it :

https://twitter.com/afcwimbledon/status/1638148634993647618?s=61&t=AGYaHxwtRU_HNs0TqPMaJg

Comment

Aye. We've had some nice messages of apoogies from Colchester fan groups since, mind.

Bradford v Carlisle feels like a huge match tonight meanwhile, the latter being a decent bet to nick the title.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
          Aye. We've had some nice messages of apoogies from Colchester fan groups since, mind.

Bradford v Carlisle feels like a huge match tonight meanwhile, the latter being a decent bet to nick the title.
          No chance, tricky run in and erratic form means we're still keeping the play off dates free on the kitchen calendars.

Comment

(though we are having one of our better starts tonight, while wearing a hybrid strip of home shirt and away shorts and socks)

Comment

Good game that and a welcome relief after Saturday's piss fest. Carlisle hit the post with the last kick of the game, and while we had more of the play, Bradford had the better chances. Well matched clash, the top end really is looking tight.

Comment

It appears the guy didn’t make contact but even so..
                https://twitter.com/trosc_trfc/status/1639689919630016512?s=46&t=AF1gCreOSQSSSZ6RRfuhqQ

Comment

Thank fuck for that.

Comment

Just popping on to say that we (Pools) really should have beaten Orient on Saturday. Maybe not on the overall balance of play but we certainly deserved a winner at the end. Weird that we're playing better than we have all season but are still drifting into a gradually worse position. I hate draws.

Comment

FFS, again, today.

It's not an interesting league, is it?

Comment

Was that the far end open at Carlisle? One of the coldest places that I've ever watched football at.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                          Was that the far end open at Carlisle? One of the coldest places that I've ever watched football at.
                          Yes, it was the first time it was opened up for home fans since 2009 (Everton fans had it for a Cup game since then). It would have been quite pleasant in the sunshine yesterday, but I wouldn't fancy being in there for more typical Cumbrian weather.

Comment

Stockport seemingly "doing a Bristol Rovers", as they climb into the automatic places for the first time this season.

Comment

We’ve won 4 games in 2023, all 1-0. Buy a season ticket for next season for more thrills and spills with what is rumoured to be an entirely new squad with an untried manager.

Comment

Carlisle's chances of automatic promotion now heavily reliant on the next two games, against Northampton and Stockport, both at home.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                  FFS, again, today.
                                  An extra F today, I reckon.

Comment

I’ve just realised we have Crawley away on Saturday and Rochdale on Tuesday, the current bottom 2.

They couldn’t really ask for a better fixture. I’d like Dale to stay up over the other bottom 4 teams but if I make the trip I’d like to avenge a couple of painful defeats there. Although the most impactful match was possibly the one that was postponed in Feb 20, which could have swung the points per game (urgh) in our favour.

Comment

Leyton Orient are confirmed as promoted.

Comment

As Bradford are playing Northampton.
                                        Last edited by Discordant Resonance; 15-04-2023, 16:20.

Comment

I don’t think it’s a mathematical certainty yet that the O’s are up (Bantams and Noton could draw and still get to 84 points), but effectively it’s a done deal. The scrap for the other two auto-promo spots is pretty tight, mind.

Comment

We can't finish bottom now.

Comment

At the risk of poking at an open wound, what the hell has been going on with Wimbledon's inability to hold on to leads, or even draws, in the past couple of months? I'm more than used to this sort of caper over the years but this current sequence seems extraordinary.

Comment

There has been a tough injury list but it does seem like Johnnie Jackson is shot to pieces and doesn't seem to know what to begin to do with the players to stem this tidal wave of late goals in particular and terrible results in general.

The Easter weekend was a case in point, on the Friday he made four subs between the 74th and 94th minutes but the team still lost a 0-2 lead after the 89th minute to draw. Then when leading 2-1 after an hour at home three days later (and having made one enforced sub at half time) he made one like-for-like attacking change on 74 minutes but left a midfield and defence that was becoming increasing nervy and under pressure untouched.

He seemed paralysed by the events of the previous game and didn't know whether to stick or twist when subs to shore up central midfield were desperately needed and experienced (if admittedly underperforming) defenders were available from the bench. The result was turning a win in to a defeat with two goals conceded in the 95th and 96th minute.

He really does seem way out of his depth, even if there are clearly longer term deeper issues illustrated by the club's wretched form over the last 18 months or so.
                                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-04-2023, 22:18.

Comment

Gratz to E10 Rifle and all Os.

Comment

Well done Orient.

Shambolic again from Rovers. Glad I didn’t bother going. It could be us in Rochdale’s position this time next year.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X