No announcement yet.

Pictures of Crewe - Division Four 2022/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I walked to Plough Lane from Earlsfield Station yesterday a bunch of Gillingham supporters were doing down the area and speculating on house prices stating "I mean, what exactly do you get for all that money?!" which prompted the (sotto voce) comment to my son "Well, not living in fucking Gillingham is a start."

Comment

OTF icon Steve Evans made six substitutions for Stevenage yesterday, the five permitted plus an extra for "concussion". It seemed to work, two late goals, to come from a goal down, with a winner from one of the six, Jamie Reid. Anarchy.
      Last edited by jwdd27; 07-08-2022, 09:54.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
        Jamie Reid. Anarchy.
        Well played there.

So, bookies' pre-season favourites for the drop Barrow are two wins from two, while the highly fancied Stockport are without a point. Funny old game.

More predictably Harry McKirdy was being a dick for Swindon yesterday, his second yellow meaning he won't be doing his hilarious goal celebrations against us next Saturday.
        ​​

Comment

Apparently we rather rode our luck at home v Mansfield yesterday, but can’t complain at 3 wins in 3 games for Orient to start the league season off.

Comment

Rode our luck, or won because we have the best keeper in the division, who was phenomenal yesterday. Orient should have been behind on the balance of play after an hour but we asserted ourselves better after that, and, bar the odd wobble, saw out the win well yesterday.

But we do look blunt in attack, which I suspect will be the thing that takes us down a few pegs soon.

Comment

First time this season that I've coughed up for ifollow coverage, and Carlisle's game at Grimsby is postponed for a waterlogged pitch after about half an hour.

Comment

Could you send some of that water down our way, please...

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                  First time this season that I've coughed up for ifollow coverage, and Carlisle's game at Grimsby is postponed for a waterlogged pitch after about half an hour.

You get a refund, no?

Comment

Bloody hell.

Comment

Is that in response to the rain or Wimbledon's result?

Comment

It’s always a ‘bloody hell’ feeling when yr team gives up a two goal lead and end up on the end of a tonking…Amusing for everyone else, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

You get a refund, no?
                          The ifollow "ticket" remains valid for the re-arranged fixture.

Carlisle's directors have done the now almost obligatory "we'll pay for the bus for the re-arranged fixture, for the fans who travelled" offer.

Comment

Typical that Orient's best performance of the season, in last night's 1-1 draw against a decent Swindon, should be the first league game in which we drop points and concede a goal, allowing the Salford vanity project to take over at the top.

Comment

If the bloke who used to sit along from us in the West Stand still ritually ups and leaves with five minutes to go, he'll be thinking Rovers have only picked up two points so far this season, rather than the eight we do have.

Of the six goals we've scored this far, four of them have come in second half injury time, and one of the others was in the 87th minute.

Comment

Very nice, today.

Comment

Struggling for form? Low on confidence? Need a goal? What you need is a visit from Tranmere Rovers.

Comment

https://twitter.com/StockportCounty/status/1565716185093754887

He has literally been scoring a goal per game for Kerry in the U19 LoI this season, and would have been essential to their proposed senior team in 2023.

Comment

So now we're three points clear at the top after only seven games. But we've seen this movie before …

Nonetheless, Orient's win over Tranmere was on Saturday was our most satisfying of the season. In the lower divisions, in the early games, you often get a sense that neither side has had the other scouted adequately or done their homework, but a well-organised Tranmere had clearly worked on their midfield press and denied us space effectively in the first half, until a fine Paul Smyth cross coaxed an own goal out of them, after which we improved and the aforementioned Smyth belted in another late on.

Still, tougher tests to come. Mansfield's and Northampton's wins on Saturday look to be significant marker lay-downs, too.

Comment

Fair summary, Smyth really was the difference, but once you score the first goal against us you've pretty much got the match in the bag, particularly if you are at home.
                                        I've been to Mansfield, Hartlepool and Orient now and not seen us score, so it's the same as last season basically.

The whole medical emergency thing was very comfortable to sit through. Clearly a lot of fans haven't realised protocol now is for the game to continue unless absolutely necessary to stop, and it all got very unsavoury with both sets of fans abusing the referee and players. Just hope that was the only time I have to witness such an incident.

Comment

Yeah it didn't help that it happened in the corner of the ground where our most, er, "excitable" fans go

Comment

I believe Orient may have just surpassed the record for best Div 4 start to a season: P9 W8 D1 Pts 25 from possible 27.

I can recall a fair few O’s good starts that have petered out, so it’s too early to get carried away, but clearly I’d rather this than, say, Rochdale’s miserable tally so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                              https://twitter.com/StockportCounty/status/1565716185093754887

He has literally been scoring a goal per game for Kerry in the U19 LoI this season, and would have been essential to their proposed senior team in 2023.
                                              And an interview that Crystal Staples might enjoy.

Comment

Thanks Discordant Resonance , I love it when we make these kind of under the radar signings with potential. Given how toothless we've been I can see him getting some minutes in the PJ Trophy tomorrow.

Comment

I think on one thread there was discussion as to whether clubs would move kick off times to save money - well Mansfield are the first https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Comment

So we didn't lose. Though we also didn't win. Which was a shame, in the end, though we'd have bitten your hand off for a draw at 3pm. And your whole arm at 3.05.

This lad did well on his league debut

https://twitter.com/MisterGLS/status/1573732490644168704?s=20&t=ywvTnePI2jBdhkp7vCIdQg

Comment

Working...
                                                    X