Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably true!

Comment

Barnsley were really good for the first half hour, we just couldn't handle their press and front three, then they showed real character to win the game at the end, so fair dos to them. Though Norwood getting booked for gobbing off at the ref after being subbed off was funny. We played well for a good chunk of the game, the only problem was that we've got loads of injuries (ding!) and we couldn't change it up like we normally do. We only had one attacking option on the bench in Dele-Bashiru and we'd brought him on after an hour, so there were no other options for us to try to push on and win the game.

We'll be fine though. That next eight looks really straightforward when hopefully we'll complete the job before the trip up Mount Shrewsbury and Derby on the last day might have them resting everybody before the play offs by then. I might get worried if we don't beat Forest Green on Sunday.

Anyway, who wants to see some hot mascot / pop star crossover?

https://twitter.com/O22IE_OWL/status/1638445144113381377

Comment

Went to the Mabel's after playing football as ever, thinking that a) as there wasn't any Prem or CL football on the pub wouldn't be showing anything and b) as a consequence there would be plenty seats. How wrong could I be? Delighted that they showed Barnsley v Wednesday and even more surprised that the pub is frequented by a lot of London Wednesday fans. Got quite noisy, especially when Gregory equalised. Was nice to hear chants i'd only heard via the Football Cliches podcast, but how silent the pub fell at 3-2, good lord. No ranting or raving just quiet.
        Cracking game of football, it must be nice to be able to score goals.

Comment

I really hope Accrington stay up. They certainly didn't get the luck last night and for once their team was a bit chippy, most probably because the last handful of games they've try to out football us and we've been way too good for them, but ain't going to hold it against them. If there was the flip to sporting's competition* they'd have to win it. Their fans are by far the friendliest in the league. I'd be seething losing a game like that and for the third time in a week. But not them.

* - not a request and I haven't the time at present.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
            Watched Barnsley - Wednesday on telly. It was a cracker.

Quality varied, but intense. Looked like the sort of game that you remember for a long time if you were there? Billy Casper

Owls will doubtless be pissed off at losing top spot and that unbeaten streak, but they'll take it out on FGR at the weekend and I still think they're going up. Their run-in looks very manageable. Until the last day (Derby, at home), their hardest fixture on paper is coming to our place. Ipswich play Derby too, but they also have Peterborough, Wycombe and Barnsley.

I don't think Barnsley will care who they're playing at the moment, will they? I said I thought they were a decent shout for third, but I haven't seen Ipswich for a bit.

I'm shite at predictions, but I just have this horrible feeling that Peterborough, Wycombe or Portsmouth will sneak 6th and go up, because the universe hates me.
            I was indeed there. It rivalled beating Leeds 3-2 in Conor Hourihane's last game for us in 2017 as the most enjoyable home game I've been to since Chelsea in 2008.

I think it will be Wednesday and Ipswich going up automatically. Wednesday looked quality yesterday and Ipswich are on an incredible run of form at the moment. There's still eight to ten games left for everyone though so form can change.
            After last season I'm just happy to be in the play offs (hopefully).

Comment

With Greenlander on Accrington, nice fans, nice club and up until last night at least, one of the consistently good sides to watch in this division.No issue with their tactics mind, and we've faced more niggly and dull sides. We weren't good last night, i think the only time we hit any rhythm was in the first ten mins of the 2nd half but aside from that, it was pretty poor. It still gives me hope that despite that, we can still produce moments of quality like our second goal last night and I think we'll be in the mix come season's end.

I wouldn't dare call the automatics though, I think its now two from four, Barnsely also seem in decent form and with Ipswich to visit, they're / you're well in it. My local Barnsely mate said it was a cracker in which Barnsley were better first half and Wednesday better in the second. He also thinks Wednesday have an over reliance on Bannan though and reckons like me, its two from four.

My fear is goal difference will do for us, well that or bogey sides like Burton and Cambridge who we've still to face. At least we'll make the play-offs (minimum) this time around though.

Comment

Is Barnsley the only team to have beaten both the top two or done the double over Sheff W?

Comment

Peterborough beat Plymouth and Wednesday at London Road.

Comment

Regardless of what happens in the remainder of the game, I would like to put on record that that first half was total utter shambolic abject appalling fucking shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

I wouldn't be so sure about this given recent form. Games in hand, yes, but you hsve to win them.
                      I think it's fair now to talk about a terrible run of form

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

I think it's fair now to talk about a terrible run of form
                        Hah, you have no idea what a terrible run of form looks like!

Comment

I wouldn't want to be the team that has to face Wednesday next after that.

Checks fixtures...

Shit!!

Comment

So, two from four now. I'd have taken this in mid-Feb when we looked well off the pace.

Satch, Greenlander, furry, ad hoc, longeared, and anyone else I've missed - Good luck and hold on tight.

Comment

I think I'd rather two from four than what was looking like one from three.

Comment

Owls will doubtless be pissed off at losing top spot and that unbeaten streak, but they'll take it out on FGR at the weekend
                                Apologies to ad hoc and longeared for any unintended jinxing. Ipswich fans made me do it.

Comment

I'd now like to add Exeter City to the "Most Hated Teams" competition. Beating Barnsley, to help out Argyle. Great win, and ... what were they thinking?

Exeter's end of season fixtures: Plymouth, Derby, Wednesday, Ipswich. Bribes welcome.

Comment

Well if you beat Plymouth and lose to Ipswich that helps you immensely in undoing the boost you gave the Pilgrims last night - so do that, please.

Comment

Apologies to ad hoc and longeared for any unintended jinxing. Ipswich fans made me do it.
                                      They'll just take it out on Lincoln this weekend instead.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post

They'll just take it out on Lincoln this weekend instead.
                                        I hope (but am not confident) that we'll take it out on Cheltenham tonight

Comment

2-2 Cheltenham vs Wednesday.

Are Sheffield Wednesday blowing the autos?

Comment

They looked very nervy last night until they scored. As per my post in the matchgoing thread - we were the better team for 75 mins. Just a shame we couldn't hold on.

Comment

Fucking hell, Sunderland's Jack Diamond has had criminal charges brought against him and his loan deal with Lincoln has been terminated immediately.

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/...t-jack-diamond

Edit:

https://twitter.com/BBCRadioLincs/status/1641438602839339011

Jesus Christ.

Just seen that this relates to an incident in May 2022.
                                              Last edited by RobW; 30-03-2023, 14:50.

Comment

Forest Green are advertising for a Director of Football. (Seen on LinkedIn)

Comment

I fucking hate hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
                                                    I fucking hate hope.
                                                    I wish I had some. All mine's drained away

Comment

Working...
                                                    X