• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For fuck sake.

Comment

Took the words out of my mouth Spoony.

Comment

Ex Derry City manager Declan Devine appointed assistant Bohemians new boss. I was a bit harsh on the League of Ireland thread, but I've had a think, and he could be a decent appointment

Comment

Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside
          Oh, I do like to be beside the sea
          Oh, I do like to stroll along the prom, prom, prom
          Where the brass bands play 'fuck off West Brom'

Comment

I love songs like that. I still can't work out which decade the following classic comes from:-

Bring on the Sunderland and Arsenal
            Bring on Scousers by the score (by the score)

The first line suggests the 1930s, but neither Liverpool club was big at that time, were they?

Comment

It was originally Spaniards not scousers. The next lines were "Barcelona, Real Madrid, who do you think you're trying to kid." The 1967-era Celtic fans had a version in which the clubs in the first line were Hibs and Rangers.

Thirties seems too early; would have to be after European football started; maybe that first European season that Chelsea played?

Comment

Gary Sheffrey and his assistant Steve Eyre dismissed by Doncaster.

Comment

Marcelo Gallardo will take charge of his last River Plate game this weekend. Eight and a bit years at a top-level club in South America is absolutely astonishing. When I first moved here the local press were dubbing managers 'the Argentine Ferguson' if they managed three years or so and never got anywhere near challenging for a trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Marcelo Gallardo will take charge of his last River Plate game this weekend. Eight and a bit years at a top-level club in South America is absolutely astonishing. When I first moved here the local press were dubbing managers 'the Argentine Ferguson' if they managed three years or so and never got anywhere near challenging for a trophy.
                    Where's he going?

Comment

Nowhere for the moment. He plans to take a bit of time off and see where the universe takes him. But someone in Europe's second string or MLS is likely to be appointing a very good manager indeed for the start of the 2023–24 season.

Comment

BBC and The Athletic both reporting Mick Beale is off to Wolves. If true this is utterly gut wrenching.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                          BBC and The Athletic both reporting Mick Beale is off to Wolves. If true this is utterly gut wrenching.
                          Hope he crashes and burns if true.

Comment

Still unconfirmed. No fire but there's an awful lot of smoke, enhanced by carefully worded tweets from MB and silence from QPR's front office. Bookies currently giving 1/10 he's gone.

Tonight's match against Cardiff kick's off in less than two hours. The reaction from both the team and the crowd will be ... um... interesting.

Comment

Beale speaks Portuguese according to the QPR fan at work which may be influencing these rumours.
                              I don’t like to see these ship jumping managers succeed. Paul Lambert frinstance barely had time to unpack in his first few jobs. Alec Neil left us earlier this season in a similar style.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
                                Beale speaks Portuguese according to the QPR fan at work which may be influencing these rumours.
                                He does, but not fluently so he says. In fifteen matches he's changed QPR more than any manager I can remember. He saluted the crowd with the players as he always does after tonight's match. Maybe a bit more emotionally than usual...(?)

Comment

Wonderful news for Amor de Cosmos as Beale turns down Wolves.

Comment

One for Uros Predic to get his head around - Danny Schofield: Doncaster Rovers appoint ex-Huddersfield Town boss as head coach - BBC Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                      Wonderful news for Amor de Cosmos as Beale turns down Wolves.
                                      Yup. Dead pleased, and relieved.

There are quite a few QPR "fans" who to need spend some time rereading their ugly comments from yesterday however.

Comment

I mean, what's to get your head around? League Two club appoint the sort of manager that is available to a League Two club at short notice. I would've preferred someone with more experience, but it appears he's been on the club's radar as a potential manager for a while. That, plus suggestions from Huddersfield fans that he was pretty much thrown under a bus by the owners there, make me ok enough with it.

Fact is, Gary McSheffrey has set a very low benchmark, so it'll be more impressive if he isn't an improvement.

Comment

Gerrard gone.

Comment

Gerrard lasted less than a year.

Comment

If you’re sacked at the end of an away game, how do you get home?

Comment

Gary Johnson had to sit on the team bus with the players when Cheltenham sacked him at Macclesfield a few years back.

Not our greatest moment, regardless of how detestable he'd become.

Comment

Gerrard just found out that the time he was allowed to build a team up here in Glasgow is not afforded down South. His first two seasons at Rangers were not impressive at all but he was better than the disaster we had before him so we stuck with him.

However, it could be argued that the covid break saved his job. We came back from the winter break that season and fell apart. When he started his 3rd season, we were sceptical about his managerial ability but to his credit he responded with an unbeaten league season.

His work on the European stage was always stellar and Gio took his bunch of players all the way to a final. He also had a fantastic record in Old Firm games

His assistant was Mick Beale, currently doing great things at QPR. Lots of fans saw Gerrard as the face of the operation but Beale was the brains. Once Beale left him at Villa, we all assumed Gerrard was in bother.

That being said, I would welcome him back to Ibrox. The football under Gio is turgid and wins are met with negativity because the football is so uninspired.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                                                    If you’re sacked at the end of an away game, how do you get home?
                                                    They don't get "sacked in the morning" any more, do they? Time for those chants to be updated.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X