No announcement yet.

Evans to Betsy - managerial comings and goings 2022/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, it was all about Dean Holden yesterday...

Comment

Holden out for a hero.

Comment

Gloucester City have parted company with Lee Mansell this morning.

Apparently the football has been dire and even with a couple of decent results, the attendances have dropped massively since last season.

Brackley have also sacked Kevin Wilkin - seems it's a day for it.

Comment

Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
          I thought Brighton might be interested in Cooper, but they've have gone with De Zerbi.
          I think it would have been highly hypocritical if we had.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on De Zerbi.

Comment

Following being charged with sexual assault the other day, James Rowe has been allowed to resign at AFC Fylde rather than them, you know, kicking him out the door themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
              Following being charged with sexual assault the other day, James Rowe has been allowed to resign at AFC Fylde rather than them, you know, kicking him out the door themselves.
              Resigning means they don't have to pay off his contract.

Comment

Wonder if they made him agree to that when they appointed him?

Comment

"We've done due diligence on you but we'd like you to sign this saying you'll quit if they charge you."
                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 30-09-2022, 00:48.

Comment

Hull have got shot of Shota Arveladze, which given it's a matchday at the end of a 2-week break seems like curious timing, to say the least.

Comment

This is what happens when I tip a team to get promoted.

Comment

Apparently the decision was made and delivered to Arveladze last night. Carlos Corberan is still strongly rumoured to be the intended replacement.

Comment

Wolves have sacked Lage

Comment

Finishing 8 in Premier obviously doesnt count for much at Wolves once results take a turn for worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              Wolves have sacked Lage
                              I thought he'd made some good impressions.

Is Brian Little available? Syd?

Comment

I can't comment on the merits or otherwise of Lage's overall managerial performance at Wolves, but my experience of his post-match television interviews is that in a crowded field he was by some distance the most surly, miserable, charmless whinger and excuse-stretcher I can remember. He certainly talked utter bollocks about Wolves having been "the better side" when they played use recently. I for one won't miss him one tiny bit.

Comment

It was noted their fans were chanting "You don't know what you're doing" after his substitutions yesterday, so that suggests this won't be an unpopular decision in the locality.

Comment

Chris Wilder is no longer the 39th longest-serving manager in the top four divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

Resigning means they don't have to pay off his contract.
                                      Unless he was terminated for "reasons"

Comment

What?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                          What?
                                          I think that goes back to Fylde sacking James Rowe because of the sexual assault allegations.

Comment

It's feasible there was something in the contract saying he'd go if the police charged him, which they thought was unlikely at the time (perhaps because they viewed it through a misogynistic lens).

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                              Chris Wilder is no longer the 39th longest-serving manager in the top four divisions.
                                              What's gone wrong there? Wilders been a success everywhere he's been and Gibson usually gives his managers plenty of time.

Comment

He was making eyes at Burnley before last season ended so that won’t have helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
                                                  What's gone wrong there? Wilders been a success everywhere he's been and Gibson usually gives his managers plenty of time.
                                                  Easy bit first. We've had five managers in the five years since relegation so the 'usually' bit no longer applies. After that, the easy answer is that we have been losing games and we are down the bottom when we were the favourites of many for promotion. It is difficult to distinguish between fact, rumour and made-up stuff on message boards as to why all this has happened. It seems that there is a rift between the (ex-)manager and the rest of the club. The players don't seem to want to play for him and some of the signings in the summer haven't been getting a game anyway and it's suggested that they were recruited against Wilder's wishes. The dalliance with Burnley soured his relationship with some of the fans and it has been a running gag that he is in the frame for any managerial vacancy that comes up. Some wag posted this morning that Wilder is favourite for the Boro job. It's clear that all has not been well. The sale of Marcus Tavernier on the eve of the season was a real blow and I'm guessing that he was central to Wilder's plans and he wasn't happy at the decision being taken over his head. The summer window was supposed to see us recruit the right players to set up a promotion push, but instead we were left with a squad little better than last season's. The Boro statement this morning was terse so I'm guessing Wilder will have something to say before very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                    He was making eyes at Burnley before last season ended so that won’t have helped.
                                                    Burnley must have been wearing heavy make-up.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X