Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post

Or their own manager. Who could tell?
    I saw on Twitter the match being referred to as El Sackico.

Comment

Hibs 3-0 up at half-time. I wonder if Jim Goodwin's half-time team talk is "Lads, it's Hibs". Only Hibs could cock this up from here.

Comment

It would appear that the plane has crashed.
        Casualties are inevitable.
        Last edited by The Red Max; 28-01-2023, 16:52.

Comment

Christ, William Fish has just scored a sixth for Hibs. A Viz cartoon character is now taking the pish!

Comment

https://www.twitter.com/aberdeenfc/status/1619383004102803457?s=48&t=Mhl5TgvTMG3oj3RbRwwC5Q

He may be a terrible manager, but he looks amazing.

Comment

An attribute currently rather lost on Aberdeen fans, if it's ever counted.

He's certainly a role model for the greying older gentleman, though. Shame he's only 41.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                An attribute currently rather lost on Aberdeen fans, if it's ever counted.

The looks rather than his managerial ability. I'm guessing that's always been a biggie.

Comment

I don't know what thread to put this on, but this is also an amazing look, vaguely connected with scottish football.

4_Ex-Man-Utd-striker-unrecognisable-with-big-bushy-white-beard-in-pub-snap-with-fan.jpg

"ON Raaaglan road, On an autumn Day, I saw her first and knew...."

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post
                    For those that like this kind of stuff (it mostly goes waaaay over my head), football analyst and Dons fan JJ Bull goes DEEP into Aberdeens problems here:
                    https://twitter.com/jj_bull/status/1618336897201209345
                    I presume we are expected to concede fewer than Celtic but actually concede more due to our amazing ability to give up an early chance and fall behind in a lot of matches.

We then spend the rest of the game, pinning the other side in and usually finding a way to win.

Losing 4-0 at Parkhead won't help the stats either, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Erskine Bridges View Post
                      Christ, William Fish has just scored a sixth for Hibs. A Viz cartoon character is now taking the pish!
                      Erskine, Billy the Fish would have swam amongst the Aberdeen defence. So glad Good win has Sid good bye. Last 3 results, scored none, conceded 12. I hope that your CV is up to date.

Comment

I’ve just watched the highlights. A defensive shambles. I am looking for a new project, I think I could do a better job organising that defence but it’s not a particularly high bar to clamber over right now.

Did you see the Chairman Cormack interview? He was quite emotional but the gist of it seemed to be ‘I’m doing a great job, long term strategy is right, off the field is great, a stadium move is the right move ( not if it’s to Kingswells it isn’t) but let down by manager & players.’

He might be right there, I’ve not been paying close enough attention. The playing side seemed to be quite good up to the WC break but has completely fallen apart since.

Mind you, it’s been poor since Fergie left!

Comment

"It's not my fault. I'm great, me. Other people are cunts."

It's a common theme for press statements today, it would seem.

Comment

I’ve been thinking about the thorny issue of Aberdeen’s new manager. I think they could do a lot worse that Livvie boss David Martindale. He has been involved there for more than a decade, working his way up to assistant manager in 2016. He turned down the manager job a few times I think because he didn’t think he was ready ( are you listening Frank, Wayne, Stevie)and for rather pressing personal issues.

But he took over in 2020 and they have have finished 5th, 6th, 7th and are currently 4th. He hasn’t just kept one of Scotland’s least fashionable, least well supported and smallest budgeted clubs in the top league, he’s made them competitive.

I think he’s possibly the most underrated manager in Scotland. However, his rather colourful past is certainly a barrier to bigger things. Getting done for insurance fraud and serious crime affiliations and doing time in the Big Hoose is something of a blot on the CV.

But it does seem that he has worked very hard at turning over a new leaf and I think he should be lauded as a huge rehabilitation success story.

He apparently turned down the job also because he didn’t want his past embarrassing the club. So he has a self awareness conspicuously lacking in many managers in this game we love.

It won’t happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                              I don't know what thread to put this on, but this is also an amazing look, vaguely connected with scottish football.

4_Ex-Man-Utd-striker-unrecognisable-with-big-bushy-white-beard-in-pub-snap-with-fan.jpg

"ON Raaaglan road, On an autumn Day, I saw her first and knew...."
                              Choccy McClair aint it. The guy on the right.

Comment

Great photo of Brian.

Meanwhile, same old, same old...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...paign=sharebar

Comment

I’ve just watched the highlights. A defensive shambles. I am looking for a new project, I think I could do a better job organising that defence but it’s not a particularly high bar to clamber over right now.

Did you see the Chairman Cormack interview? He was quite emotional but the gist of it seemed to be ‘I’m doing a great job, long term strategy is right, off the field is great, a stadium move is the right move ( not if it’s to Kingswells it isn’t) but let down by manager & players.’

He might be right there, I’ve not been paying close enough attention. The playing side seemed to be quite good up to the WC break but has completely fallen apart since.

Mind you, it’s been poor since Fergie left!
                                  Erskine, get your boots on, get down to Pittodrie. You could still do a better job in the centre of defence than the useless numpties who’ve played there this season,

Comment

That's 100% a penalty, but he's got the red card decisions 100% backwards.

Comment

I’ve been thinking about the thorny issue of Aberdeen’s new manager. I think they could do a lot worse that Livvie boss David Martindale. He has been involved there for more than a decade, working his way up to assistant manager in 2016. He turned down the manager job a few times I think because he didn’t think he was ready ( are you listening Frank, Wayne, Stevie)and for rather pressing personal issues.

But he took over in 2020 and they have have finished 5th, 6th, 7th and are currently 4th. He hasn’t just kept one of Scotland’s least fashionable, least well supported and smallest budgeted clubs in the top league, he’s made them competitive.

I think he’s possibly the most underrated manager in Scotland. However, his rather colourful past is certainly a barrier to bigger things. Getting done for insurance fraud and serious crime affiliations and doing time in the Big Hoose is something of a blot on the CV.

But it does seem that he has worked very hard at turning over a new leaf and I think he should be lauded as a huge rehabilitation success story.

He apparently turned down the job also because he didn’t want his past embarrassing the club. So he has a self awareness conspicuously lacking in many managers in this game we love.

It won’t happen.
                                      Oops.

Comment

Comment

He’s the never ending turd that won’t flush.

Comment

What a shitshow, they'll be in the bottom 6 now.

Comment

It's a parody account - @Aberdennfc

Comment

The Lennon story is a spoof, Barry Robson is the interim.

As for Ibrox on Saturday how can anyone sane claim that's not a penalty? The ref only booked Clark, it was VAR that sent him off. I thought it was harsh at the time, it looked accidental, but his leg is straight and a foot off the ground, he's out of control by the letter of the law as I understand it.
                                                Jack went looking for retribution, and he found it. He did the St. Johnstone player in my opinion, but he was clever, foot didn't leave the ground and was in control. I thought it was worse 'tackle' than Clark's, but I don't make the rules. Having watched the game St Johnstone could have played with 12 players and they weren't going to score, it was that kind of day for them.

It's amusing to think that Willie Collum is the poster boy for a pro-Rangers conspiracy.

Comment

In actual AFC news, U18s coach Barry Robson has been put in interim charge, along with Steve Agnew (long-term assistant to Steve Bruce) who Barry worked with at Middlesbrough, and current development phase coach Scott Anderson.
                                                  I think that by bringing in an experienced coach like Agnew (despite his chequered past of success & failure) is good move, but also a sign that we're likely to take our time in appointing the next manager & coaching team. If the current tailspin can be corrected, and things get back on the straight & level, it could possibly be after the end of the season before the new regime is installed.

UPDATE
                                                  In an effort to plug our woefully leaky defence, we've brought in 21 y.o. Watford central defender Mattie Pollock and have reportedly agreed terms with Ajax for 22 y.o. keeper Jay Gorter, both on loan deals until summer. It's the area of the side that desperately needs fixing if we have any ambition left to try and push for a top-six finish, but they're both quite young and (certainly in Gorters case) quite inexperienced.
                                                  Last edited by The Red Max; 30-01-2023, 11:37.

Comment

Ah fuck sake, that's what I get for not blocking Gonzo.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X