Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobi1
    replied
    That Hull away kit in full is rather smart...

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
    Nice blankly-staring-in-different-directions tribute to Kraftwerk by the players, there.
    Oh you gon' done it now:

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Nice blankly-staring-in-different-directions tribute to Kraftwerk by the players, there.

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    Hull City away (hashtag get the plane in).

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Originally posted by Bermuda Iron View Post

I think the shorts and socks are white, which is great. They only wore claret on Sat as Sheff Utd wore all white.
    Thanks, that's good news, I'm pretty much white > blue > claret, for our shorts, so ideal.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    No betting sponsor!

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/status/1548985974360870912

Leave a comment:

• Nesta
    replied
    Basically it means "Go us, we beat a big european team everyone has heard of", nothing more to it

Leave a comment:

• Bermuda Iron
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    Scunny have sort of released their new kit - loving the claret and blue halves,
    Shorts are claret, for shame.
    I think the shorts and socks are white, which is great. They only wore claret on Sat as Sheff Utd wore all white.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    So "a club that has previously won the European Cup/Champions League"

Leave a comment:

• Hot Orange
    replied
    Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
    'first away win against a club playing that same season in the European Cup/Champions League'
    But the Bayern win wouldn't qualify under that condition, what with it being in the UEFA Cup.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    It isn't a statistic.

It may be a factoid

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Yes, the 'current' stipulation would make obvious sense, indeed. But then if so it seems a rather bizarre and irrelevant statistic, and certainly an overly narrow superlative, to bring up in the first place – i.e. 'first away win against a club playing that same season in the European Cup/Champions League', which feels like a combination of circumstances that are relatively unlikely to come up for virtually any team. I'm trying to find the original tweet now and its replies, without success!

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    That would be ridiculously broad.

Clubs that are in the current CL would make some sense, and OM are, having finished second in last season's Ligue 1.

None of which answers the Celtic issue, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
    I'm a bit confused by that. What's the definition of "a Champions League club"? Norwich have certainly won at, say, Leicester and Manchester City since 1993.
    Yes, I was a little unsure myself – especially since it presumably means 'any club who've ever played in the Champions League' (does this include the old European Cup?), which seemed hard to credit even at first glance. Perhaps they were only thinking of CL clubs from outside England, which would certainly narrow things down a bit, though I could swear we've won at, say, Celtic in a friendly before now.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

I don't remember BMW sponsoring anyone--be it directly or indirectly. That's something of an achievement.
    I'm sure I've seen at least one club sponsored by a BMW dealership before, the same as the Scunthorpe deal.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 17-07-2022, 22:26.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Orange
    replied
    Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
    This 3-0 win at Marseille is remarkable if a stat I've just seen on Twitter is accurate: it is apparently our first away win at a Champions League club since the legendary one over Bayern in Munich in 1993.
    I'm a bit confused by that. What's the definition of "a Champions League club"? Norwich have certainly won at, say, Leicester and Manchester City since 1993.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    APOEL in the late 90s, but yes, extremely rare (and definitely not something in their home market)

Leave a comment:

• Stumpy Pepys
    replied
    Scunny have sort of released their new kit - loving the claret and blue halves, can never get their images to post on here, so go to the website:
    I don't remember BMW sponsoring anyone--be it directly or indirectly. That's something of an achievement.

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Scunny have sort of released their new kit - loving the claret and blue halves, can never get their images to post on here, so go to the website:

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/...o-on-sale-now/
    Here you go jwdd:

(If you just couldn't get the URL to work, it's because the default size that opens when you right-click on the image on the website has '/Large' on the end after the '.jpg'. Removing that allows the above pic to link successfully.)

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/...o-on-sale-now/

the home kit (the halves, anyway) is a tribute to the 1998-99 play off victory, while the sponsor is a throwback to the Mercedes/H&L Garages days - find a local dealership for a prestige car brand and get their logo on the shirt. The BMW blue doesn't look quite the right shade.
    Shorts are claret, for shame.
    Last edited by jwdd27; 17-07-2022, 21:37.

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    Originally posted by moo cowe View Post
    Norwich City away
    Now that's lovely

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    The club are calling it "ruby", though it feels a bit dark for that. I like it, regardless, and I think I agree with Sean about the badge logic. The pinstripes are less obvious in the flesh, at least if this clip (filmed, it has to be said, largely in shadow) from last night's game is any evidence:

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1548597122722713600

This 3-0 win at Marseille is remarkable if a stat I've just seen on Twitter is accurate: it is apparently our first away win at a Champions League club since the legendary one over Bayern in Munich in 1993.

Leave a comment:

• moo cowe
    replied
    Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    A recoloured crest is always wrong but for some reason it really stands out on a Norwich shirt, probably because it has so few (and very distinctive) colours in the first place.

Nice shirt otherwise, all the logos being the same colour (not excusing said crest, of course) really ties it together in a way that's slightly lacking on the first kit.
    Yes the badge colouring fits the shirt, but it’s never great to change the colour. They have remodelled the crest this season, so maybe anything goes now.
    The sponsors logo looks better on this shirt than the home one. Anyhow we wore it yesterday in defeating Olympique Marseille 3 0 away.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    A green and yellow badge would jar awfully on that Norwich away shirt, this is one of those rare occasions when recolouring the crest is more of a positive.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The colours are a bit more faded than Roma, but that would be any Italian's immediate association

Leave a comment:

Working...
X