X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1974ddr
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    This is the first time I've seen the Chelsea first kit in action and it's a mess. The collar is terrible, both the shape and the sky blue squiggles, and the trim on the socks clashes making them look like they're from a change kit.

That's before you get to the stupid whale logo on the sleeve.
    Well we may not agree on shirt sponsors, but you're spot on here Ray.

Leave a comment:

• scratchmonkey
    replied
    Unfortunately the lack of a sponsor just shows up how boring the Forest home shirt is, although this is coming from somebody who generally prefers experimentation even if it's gone wrong over not taking any risks.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    This is the first time I've seen the Chelsea first kit in action and it's a mess. The collar is terrible, both the shape and the sky blue squiggles, and the trim on the socks clashes making them look like they're from a change kit.

That's before you get to the stupid whale logo on the sleeve.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Macron have evidently decided that Sint Truiden are the Belgian Boavista despite the club never having worn the motif before

Leave a comment:

• Hot Orange
    replied
    Originally posted by HeavyDracula View Post

They've traditionally switched between the two - this seems to be an homage to the 86/87 shirts, a team so beloved locally that even I, a non-fan, can name the XI most likely.
    Yes, as a child of the 70s/80s, I tend to picture them with white as the dominant colour.

Leave a comment:

• HeavyDracula
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    I've told the Cobblers supporter in work that the white is too prominent for their first kit.
    They've traditionally switched between the two - this seems to be an homage to the 86/87 shirts, a team so beloved locally that even I, a non-fan, can name the XI most likely.

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    Originally posted by big dog View Post

If I saw my neighbor wearing this monstrosity, I'd move house. Glad that bad kit karma was in full effect today.
    It did, at least, highlight the changes to the team that Ten Hag needs to make.

(Stolen)

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    I've told the Cobblers supporter in work that the white is too prominent for their first kit.

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    ...also this Palermo-esque number from Grimsby

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    Spotted on the EFL highlights... have we covered these two efforts from Northampton and Hartlepool?

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Given that Belenenses are from Belém, the home of the Pastel de Nata, I'm not sure having "Donuts" emblazoned across their chest can have gone down too well with the locals.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Oh that would be a fun thread Jobi1

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    More teams should advertise just general foodstuff by way of shirt sponsorship. Could even tie it in with something associated with the area, like Wigan just having 'Pies' on their shirts. Or alternatively, reflect other cultural differences, like every team has to have their regional name for the rounded bread product you use to make a sandwich.

Leave a comment:

• big dog
    replied
    https://twitter.com/CFosBelenenses/status/1558479946309320705/photo/4

Belenenses, one of Portugal's oldest teams (and currently working their way back from the regional Lisbon league following a messy/complicated split between the club and the investment company that retained the playing roster and its league membership) dropped a decent home kit yesterday. Now only one promotion away from a MK Dons vs. Wimbledon-esqe clash with the zombie Belenenses team and two promotions away from Liga Nos itself.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

According to the club website it's 'a modern tie dye sublimation print'.
    No it's not. It's a white shirt that's been put in the wash with a random bunch of coloured socks.

Leave a comment:

• big dog
    replied
    If I saw my neighbor wearing this monstrosity, I'd move house. Glad that bad kit karma was in full effect today.
    Last edited by big dog; 14-08-2022, 05:03.

Leave a comment:

• fospheny
    replied
    Originally posted by fospheny View Post

The only charitable thing I could say about it is that when they are 3-0 down to Southampton away at half time, they won't need to change their jerseys
    Maybe the pitch at Brentford is particularly lurid as well???

Leave a comment:

• blameless
    replied
    Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
    Lurid, putrid and horrid
    It's also rancid, foetid and stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Bordeaux Education
    replied
    Originally posted by longeared View Post
    Strong "will this do" vibe from Errea for the Sheffield United change shirt

Reminds me of those Genoa/Milan St George’s Cross shirts

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
    Strong Global Hypercolour vibe from that Norwich third kit.
    According to the club website it's 'a modern tie dye sublimation print'.

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    Get kitted out between the sticks

Which one are you going for? Angel blue, black or love potion?
    The decline of the long-sleeved goalkeeper top is something I'm not sure I'll ever get over.

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied
    Get kitted out between the sticks

Which one are you going for? Angel blue, black or love potion?

keepers-kits3046.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    Lurid, putrid and horrid

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I have a feeling the Norwich third shirt colour scheme is very on trend.

It won't be in May 2023 though.

The Manchester United one is lurid.

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Beryl
    replied
    Strong Global Hypercolour vibe from that Norwich third kit.

Leave a comment:

• fospheny
    replied
    Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    fospheny You know when you've been in a dark room for a few hours and someone comes in and switches the light on?

Yeah, that feeling.
    The only charitable thing I could say about it is that when they are 3-0 down to Southampton away at half time, they won't need to change their jerseys

Leave a comment:

Working...
X