No announcement yet.

Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the first time I've seen the Chelsea first kit in action and it's a mess. The collar is terrible, both the shape and the sky blue squiggles, and the trim on the socks clashes making them look like they're from a change kit.

That's before you get to the stupid whale logo on the sleeve.

Comment

Unfortunately the lack of a sponsor just shows up how boring the Forest home shirt is, although this is coming from somebody who generally prefers experimentation even if it's gone wrong over not taking any risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        This is the first time I've seen the Chelsea first kit in action and it's a mess. The collar is terrible, both the shape and the sky blue squiggles, and the trim on the socks clashes making them look like they're from a change kit.

That's before you get to the stupid whale logo on the sleeve.
        Well we may not agree on shirt sponsors, but you're spot on here Ray.

Comment

So, Bathcityshirtgate rolls on. Having seen it tonight, the collar stripes are parallel to the edge of the collar which makes them work better. The stripes are definitely the right width and are not only on the sleeve but the back as well. Not only that but the away kit is lovely in the colours of Calcio Lecco who we played in the Anglo/Italian cup in 1976 and h as Vs recently developed links with.
          Attached Files

Comment

That photo really doesn't do the colours of the change shirt justice, taken under a huge shadow as it is.

Seeing the (very nice) Bath shirt in action tonight and paired with alternate white shorts it really reminded me of an Italian team who traditionally have narrow black & white stripes.

Is it Sienna? Udinese? Someone else?

Comment

Actually, maybe it isn't it the shadow so much, they are actually quite hard to tell apart from the first kit;

https://twitter.com/cody_cooke/status/1558845807410954240?s=21&t=AeZqPmTmxMXuTAILy-vx7Q

Clearly there is going to be a third kit launched.

Comment

There’s not

Comment

Udinese and Siena both piss around with their kits so much that they both have, perhaps inevitably, ended up with similar shirts at different stages of their history but neither have had them for a sustained period, I don’t think.

Our mutual friend (and one time OTF contributor) has this for you to peruse

Last edited by Bored Of Education; 17-08-2022, 16:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                    There’s not
                    I would be interested to see what a referee will decide if you play another black and white striped shirted side.

Comment

Udinese and Siena both piss around with their kits so much that they both have, perhaps inevitably, ended up with similar shirts at different stages of their history but neither have had them for a sustained period, I don’t think.

Our mutual friend (and one time OTF contributor) has this for you to peruse

Should there be something there?

Comment

Well, there was a long time when they both had basic black and white stripes like Juve's, but that was before Siena's adventure in Serie A

They also came quite close in the late 2000s and in 2012-13

https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en...irts-t345.html
                        https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en...irts-t347.html

Comment

Should there be something there?
                          Yes, this

http://boysinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would be interested to see what a referee will decide if you play another black and white striped shirted side.
                            Ha, we’ll be in their change kit, I imagine

Comment

That does throw up Ascoli as another "Narrow black & white stripe" contender.

Comment

The least adventurous of the Italians

https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en...irts-t357.html

Comment

Yes, I checked there and they do seem the most regularly narrowly striped.

Comment

We're the boys in black and white
                                    all the other kits are shite
                                    cos monochrome is the greatest colourway

Comment

That looks like an extra verse to this (https://youtu.be/GBm6RxF1Pu) from which the blog title comes from and is written and performed by the blog writer. He is very much a Renaissance man. It is also the run-out music at Twerton Park.

Comment

The two shirts side by side for comparison. 86DDC575-4504-4F74-A675-663A608CEA49.jpg I am warming to the first kit mainly due to how nice the change shirt is (if that makes sense) and having now seen it live. The issue that bothers me still (aside from the insert in the neck) is that the stripes on the collar line up with edges on the change but, in all occasions I have seen it, don’t seem to on the first. I’ll have to check on Saturday.

Comment

What do people think of Castellon's kit for this season?

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/c...2-23-home-kit/

Comment

Yes, I checked there and they do seem the most regularly narrowly striped.
                                            I did wonder if that was who you were thinking of but was unsure of how much they’ve been in Serie A/public consciousness

Comment

Nairn County in the Highland League have just launched a 3rd kit, which is just about as far from monochrome as you can possibly get.
                                              There is an extremely sad, but also uplifting story behind it, as it's been inspired by a local charity founded by a family who lost both their 7 year old son in 2017 and then his mother in 2020 to cancer, who have raised thousands of pounds to fund family spaces & play facilities in the town.
                                              A percentage from each shirt bought goes to the TeamHamish charity https://www.facebook.com/teamhamish
                                              The shirt is both awful and brilliant in equal measure - 10/10.
                                              https://twitter.com/NairnCounty/status/1560189995272605697

Comment

Most all of the striped clubs in Italy have messed about with widths over the years.

The biggest related kerfuffle I can recall was with Milan's centenary kit, which was historically accurate, but a sharp departure from the wider stripes that supporters had grown accustomed to.

Comment

The two shirts side by side for comparison. 86DDC575-4504-4F74-A675-663A608CEA49.jpg I am warming to the first kit mainly due to how nice the change shirt is (if that makes sense) and having now seen it live. The issue that bothers me still (aside from the insert in the neck) is that the stripes on the collar line up with edges on the change but, in all occasions I have seen it, don’t seem to on the first. I’ll have to check on Saturday.
                                                  I don't see the point of having two shirts so similar. The blue/black looks classier.

Comment

Milan's biggest crime is the occasional flirtation with black shorts imho.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X