No announcement yet.

Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't account for the second of the two gigs, but I thought his singing was fine at the first.

Comment

In reporting Tyrell Malacia's signing for Manchester United, the Graun accidentally put the story up with a presumably embargoed photo of him in the new home shirt, which they took down very quickly. I quite like it, except for the lack of buttons meaning the collar's completely closed, which a) looks rather silly and b) looks rather uncomfortable, in my opinion.

That being said, Google News often shows me preview screenshots of a United YouTube fan channel that goes on about transfer rumours a lot. I never watch the videos but the screenshots always have a player United are linked with pictured in a shirt that looks very similar to this one – evidently photoshopped because they're players who haven't signed yet, and that's meant I've always assumed it's just a made-up shirt design for the video. So it could be that the Graun were fooled by one of those pics and that's why they took it down so quickly.

Comment

Think that MUFC is relegation kit, personally. The shield under the badge, the shite on the collar. I know what they're trying to do, but shoving a load of old shirts into the transporter from The Fly seems a poor way to go about it.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like something cobbled together from vague memories of old kits to be sold at a stall in a bazaar.
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 07-07-2022, 12:05.

Comment

Some fantastic Boro shirt content hitting the shops on Friday.

https://twitter.com/untypicalboro/status/1544631033294987265?t=98XwANUOuWl_3xg0JqocnA&s=19

Comment

SuperHoop Pete Doherty is going to be furious about this:

Comment

Ross County - initially I thought the home shirt was awful, but the more I see it, it's growing on me.
                The change kit? Well, it's all-white with navy trim, and that's about all you can say.

Comment

Yes, I like that Ross County first kit too.

I thought I recalled Scunthorpe having a similar Puma one a few years ago but can't find any evidence of it, perhaps it was another claret & blue side?

Comment

Are you thinking of this Dundee change shirt from a few years back?

It featured in a previous iteration of this thread.

Comment

Absolutely, that's the one! Thank you so much, good recall.
                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 07-07-2022, 21:11.

Comment

No worries, I seem to recall it gave me Scunthorpey vibes at the time.

Comment

I'd take something along those lines as a Villa third shirt

Comment

Surprised that the Manchester United shirt is that bad (and like it is). The tracksuit top they had a picture of him in looked brilliant.

Comment

Villa. Sort of OK I suppose. Pricey if you're thinking of buying (I'm not).

Comment

Here is the Tyrell Malacia picture I saw. It is remarkable they made this and then that shirt.

GettyImages-1406912420-e1657113669507-1280x720.jpg

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Very nice ;

https://twitter.com/dulwichhamletfc/status/1545445705615085569?s=21&t=bSzThF7xiuFwNSsdHYa_Zg

Comment

Is the sponsor a well known brand?

Because it is hard for the non cognoscenti to decipher

Comment

I have to say I like all those QPR kits. The pinstripes (pinhoops?) are inoffensive, they actually help the second kit look rather classy, the colours of that one are ace, and the sponsor logo isn't bad and has been excellently recoloured to complement each kit.

I'll presumably now find out that the rather charming-sounding Convivia is actually some crypto-mining or internet betting shit, won't I?

Comment

Well, they sound better than most. But:

About Convivia

Influenced from the Latin ‘Convivio’ with origins in 'community/coming together', Convivia is a fast-moving real estate and Proptech business on a mission to establish the gold standard of luxury affordable housing through its unique procurement model and proven design methodology.
                                              ...what the fuck is 'Proptech'? And 'luxury affordable' – hmmm.

Comment

They're a... "A fast-paced and innovative property and tech investment firm, committed to empowering low-income tenants through quality affordable homes." Hmm!

Comment

Is that all marketing bollocks for "slum landlord enabler"? Because if that's NOT their gig, they may want to rewrite their mission statement in clearer language.

Strips are indeed nice, though.

Comment

Turns out the Manchester United shirt does have a button-up collar. It's just that the (red) button's all but impossible to make out in most of the shots released before today. So God knows why there isn't a single picture of it with the button undone, because I can't help thinking it would look a lot better with an open collar.

And I agree with dglh about the track top. If they sell that in the adidas shops here it'll be very tempting.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X