X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive sigh of relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
      Because they don't look like the match shirts?

(And yes, I do like sponsored shirts. They are part of the design and it looks unfinished without one.)
      Kevin, you have sung the song of my heart's own lament.

I thought I was alone but you were there for me, I think I love you.

Comment

GORGEOUS! Kit of the season so far
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 30-06-2022, 10:34.

Comment

That Thistle kit is fabulous.

I wonder though, what do Thistle fans (ember?) consider the "proper" arrangement of their colours? A quick scan down historicalkits.co.uk suggests hoops are older but stripes have featured on more kits since they were first used (though actually totting up the number of years with each it looks like hoops will have been used in more seasons overall).

Comment

A 'proper' Thistle kit should be blue, with white and red. Like all strips really, but actually in their case.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
              We've unveiled our change kit. It's fine, I suppose - thank heaven for small mercies and all that. The mismatching collar and cuffs rankle but... y'know, Macron.

Just give us this in red for the first shirt (AND RED SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I would be not too dissatisfied.

Nice to see a light blue away kit again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

GORGEOUS! Kit of the season so far
                Are we turning a blind eye to the socks?

Comment

Kevin, you have sung the song of my heart's own lament.

I thought I was alone but you were there for me, I think I love you.
                  Heh, for an encore shall we sing, Black shirts are boring?

Comment

Thistle's colours remain Melchestertastic - this time it's Roy of the Rovers from the early 80s I think.

Comment

Actually I prefer Thistle's. The black and white really makes it pop.

Comment

What is that hat the guy second from bottom on the right hand border is wearing?

Comment

Guess it could be an acrylic flat cap, but it seems to be worn too high up the head for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post

Are we turning a blind eye to the socks?
                            As a point of principle, having sponsor's logos on socks and shorts is too much but I actually like the way they've approached incorporating them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                              Guess it could be an acrylic flat cap, but it seems to be worn too high up the head for that
                              It has a vague air of something Elton John might have worn to watch Watford in the seventies.

Comment

I had an uneasy feeling it might be a far-eastern conical hat in tribute to Vietnamese boat boy Pak Soon, but it looks like the date is 1982, which would be too, ahem, soon for that. (Pak Soon made the step up from the youth team in 1986, post Basran massacre)

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                                  What is that hat the guy second from bottom on the right hand border is wearing?
                                  It's one of those South East Asian peasant straw hats that has shrunk in the wash and then coloured in for football supporting purposes

Edit: beaten to it

Comment

Crumbs, in trying to find an image of Elton in the hat I'm picturing I've discovered the newly-launched 'Elton x Watford' official range ;

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                                      That Thistle kit is fabulous.

I wonder though, what do Thistle fans (ember?) consider the "proper" arrangement of their colours? A quick scan down historicalkits.co.uk suggests hoops are older but stripes have featured on more kits since they were first used (though actually totting up the number of years with each it looks like hoops will have been used in more seasons overall).
                                      Depends on the age of the fan - I grew up with the vertical stripes of the 70s, 80s and 90s, so that looks "right" to me. Older fans who remember the 50s and 60s, and younger fans who remember the early-00s are more likely to tell you that it should be hoops. And of course, there's always the possiblility of a 1971 tribute kit (plain yellow shirt, red shorts) as well.

Just as long as it's not red and yellow halves - it doesn't work visually, and it's associated with some truly shite Thistle teams.
                                      Last edited by blameless; 30-06-2022, 11:43.

Comment

Crumbs, in trying to find an image of Elton in the hat I'm picturing I've discovered the newly-launched 'Elton x Watford' official range ;

I won't lie, were I a Watford fan I'd be breaking my 20 year vow of never buying a short sleeved shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

I won't lie, were I a Watford fan I'd be breaking my 20 year vow of never buying a short sleeved shirt.
                                          Perhaps pair it with this and "feel oh so cool"?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Me too. Bollocks to the hat though

Comment

Hats are more of Luton thing, I suppose.

Comment

This is my favourite football related merchandise since the Arsenal x TfL collab

Comment

Motherwell (change) - not sure about the collar, but that can be completely ignored thanks to the placement of the sponsor logo.
                                                  https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/1542176067628044288

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post
                                                    First orders of the new NUFC home shirt are being dispatched, and Castore have managed to fuck up and ship out loads without the sponsor on the front.

Quite a few of the purchasers are unhappy about this.

I'm not anti-sponsor, but that shirt does look much nicer without one - just needs the Castore logo to be black as well.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X