No announcement yet.

Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many moons back I wrote a piece for WSC about our glorious Wembley shirt of 1996. I think I mentioned how it looked like it had been defaced by what looked like car tyres skidding to a halt across it. Well this is a homage to that classic mid-90s polyester and in tune with the times this one looks like the peloton has whizzed across the white. And I blooming love it.

FWXfHl5XwAAcT1a?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
    Last edited by Greenlander; 28-06-2022, 21:18.

Comment

Wow! Much like the original, that is a lot.

I think I like it...but I'll need some time to process it all.

Comment

Oh and Project 35 is a charity.(or to read from the blurb, a community social impact project) between the Argyle Community Trust and our regular sponsors Ginsters. The 35 represents the percentage of children within the city reported to be living in poverty according to pre-pandemic 2019 data.

It might be words and it might be bluster and it might amount to the square root of fuck all but these last couple of years have reminded me just how much I bloody love my club. And while service station pasties might not be the healthiest of foodstuffs, Ginsters are a local company and which means we've still not travelled down the betting or dodgy loan company sponsor road yet.

Comment

For comparison:

Comment

Yeah, big fan of that Plymouth away shirt, which is miles better than the one which inspired its creation.

Comment

I *really* like that Plymouth shirt, especially that they've taken something from 1996 and rejigged it just enough to make it look completely modern and fresh.

Comment

Yes, count me as another who really likes that Arygle away and thinks it's an improvement on its 90s predecessor.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlander View Post
                  For comparison:
                  10 years ago I went to a stag do in north Devon, and the theme was shit football shirts. One of the lads was a Plymouth fan and wore that shirt. I had to point out that it was far from a shit football shirt and he should wear it with pride.

Comment

While I guess they've made it black for balance or something, it's a shame the badge isn't green (on the new one).

Comment

I must admit, when I first saw that Plymouth shirt I thought it was the latest offering from 'Gladbach.
                      It's very nice indeed.

Comment

It's peculiar that it's a tribute to a first shirt but will actually be part of the change kit.

Comment

I like it in isolation but wonder what the whole kit looks like. Is it a functional change when Plymouth visit a team with blue shirts and white shorts for example?

But the execution of the shirt is excellent. Would've been typical for the diagonal in the sponsor's logo not to align with the stripes but they've got that right, as well as the placement of the Puma logo and Plymouth crest. Great stuff.

Edit - ok, perhaps I would lower the sponsor ever so slightly just to get that diagonal in the middle of the white space, and the circle at the top and the 5 at the bottom sitting equally far away from the diagonals.
                          Last edited by Kevin S; 29-06-2022, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            It's peculiar that it's a tribute to a first shirt but will actually be part of the change kit.
                            Yes... I think that might be why I have this uncertainty about the kit as a whole.

Comment

Southampton - the 80's Xerox kit in reverse?
                              https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1542057821814116353

Comment

Or just Ajax.

Horrible too.

Comment

I think 'stomachs' might be more accurate...

I am not sure saints fans will be happy with the new signings either.

Comment

this is apparently our away shirt.

Comment

Can't decide if I approve of Boyle Sports helpfully including an explainer of what the fuck they are.

Pity Ipswich didn't do that in the 90s huh

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post
                                        I must admit, when I first saw that Plymouth shirt I thought it was the latest offering from 'Gladbach.
                                        It's very nice indeed.
                                        I thought early 80s Gladbach, too

Comment

Are we all too polite to post Bolton's kit?

Comment

Apparently not.

Comment

The lighting makes it look like a Blackburn shirt

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                                Are we all too polite to post Bolton's kit?

Is that sponsor a demand or an invitation to treat?

Also, marketing teams should not be allowed to emoji their kit Tweets.Tweet's effectively saying "This is great, isn't it? Your answer is yes."

Comment

The new Partick Thistle shirt is due to be released on Friday at 10am, but this appeared on Twitter last night...
                                                  https://twitter.com/alexmelrose02/status/1541872842429681664

Please, PLEASE let it be genuine.

Comment

Just atrocious

https://twitter.com/espnfc/status/1542045789890945033?s=21&t=n6ebe9vF1RqTkjTP3yY7Kw

Comment

Working...
                                                    X