Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    To be pedantic about it, the scudetto is the patch.

It doesn't mean "title" or "championship". It means small shield, i,e, the patch.

Indeed. Actually, I did know that (honestly!) but thought that if I didn't add the word "patch" in the post it might be a little confusing.

Comment

Does the front of the Milan shirt represent a view through the bars of a prison cell of a world outside on fire?
      As Ron Manager would say, it's a powerful image.

Comment

The roundel for the the Coppa is called the coccarda. Here's where it comes from:
        https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockade_of_Italy

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
          I genuinely thought the UVF initials photographed was an embroidered detail

Comment

Have we done this?
            Attached Files

Comment

Doncaster Rovers, home...

Pros
              Red and white hoops/horizontal stripes are back after last season's mainly red relegation kit.
              Hooped sleeves rather than plain ones
              A collar (...shh I like them)
              It's edgy and with it (why else would we have done the photo shoot in a skatepark?)
              Works well with khaki/stone shorts (...unless they are actually our shorts for next season, in which case stick this on the cons list)

Cons
              New sponsor insisting on their log staying green; would've been a much tidier design if they'd gone plain black
              Also, big white block to accommodate sponsor leaving some little floating red squares on the midriff. Messy.
              Also, the sponsor staying green on a green goalkeeper shirt and instantly ruining it
              We will get mistaken for Wigan Rugby League more so than ever

Comment

That is pretty dire IMO. It's not just the sponsor's logo that ruins it. The thin hoop on the cuff had already done that. The sponsor has just smeared the dogshit across the pavement a bit more.

Does it not come with shorts?

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post

We will get mistaken for Wigan Rugby League more so than ever
                  Well, maybe by those who can't tell cherry from standard red

Comment

Interesting illustration of differences in club/sponsor power dynamics (and presumably HSV's willingness to leave some money on the table)

https://twitter.com/andreas0840/status/1539978635792236550?s=21&t=lh5_EXkM_BMjURzeIO7NbQ

Comment

Oxen make football kits now? They’re spreading like a poor man’s Castore. GK kits with short sleeves gets them an instant black mark.

Comment

Rather than forgetting the scudetto as such, that Milan shirt has opted to stick the colours of it on the cuffs of the sleeves, hasn't it? At least that was my interpretation of why they'd gone for those cuffs.

Obviously they should have the roundel for tradition, but for aesthetics I rather like the sleeve cuff thing. Certainly prefer it to the plug ugly champions' patches an increasing number of other competitions are forcing their winners to wear as part of their 'reward'.

Comment

I'm assuming they just did the prototype for the photoshoot before the end of the season, and that the cuffs are just a design detail.

In the late 80s and early 90s, Milan kits were great. Simple, no nonsense, white shorts and socks. I genuinely don't think they've had a good shirt since they lost Motta as sponsor.

But then 1988-92 was the golden age for shirt design, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post

It's edgy and with it (why else would we have done the photo shoot in a skatepark?)
                            Definite Steve Buscemi "How do you do, fellow kids?" vibes about the whole setup.

Comment

Impressive kit fuckery in tonights friendly between England and Netherlands women, with NL in white shirts and England in their, uh, famous orange

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                Obviously they should have the roundel for tradition, but for aesthetics I rather like the sleeve cuff thing.
                                France used to have the tricolore collar for reigning champions - always looked great on Saint-Étienne shirts in particular.

Comment

I think we've covered before how that must reflect their cycling culture a little, given the importance of trim reflecting a rider's past championships in that sport.

Comment

Aberdeen - to celebrate the 40th anniversary in 2023 of our ECWC win, we get 2 "tribute" kits.
                                    Trust me, they might not look like much to everyone else, but these (especially the red shirt) will absolutely fly off the shelves.
                                    https://twitter.com/AberdeenFC/status/1540288636893233152

Comment

They're nice. And the Dons have had a few stinkers recently, shirt wise

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                        I think we've covered before how that must reflect their cycling culture a little, given the importance of trim reflecting a rider's past championships in that sport.
                                        We have, and I recently discovered that the cycling "tradition" is not as well-established as one might think.

Anquetil, for instance, never won the French National Championship, yet is often associated with this jersey

Whereas Poulidor did, yet

Comment

Cycling looks great.

https://twitter.com/robynjournalist/status/1537468617020817413?t=5Wg7HIrLfmwx9PV7JB0lPg&s=19

Comment

Inverness Caley Thistle - change kit in the old Thistle colours.
                                            https://twitter.com/ICTFC/status/1540273750033289216

Comment

That's more of a Milan kit than Milan's.

Comment

Exactly my reaction

Evocative of Palace's more Barca than Barca efforts

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post
                                                  Aberdeen - to celebrate the 40th anniversary in 2023 of our ECWC win, we get 2 "tribute" kits.
                                                  Trust me, they might not look like much to everyone else, but these (especially the red shirt) will absolutely fly off the shelves.
                                                  https://twitter.com/AberdeenFC/status/1540288636893233152
                                                  Nice. Pinstripes always make me think of 80s kits.

Comment

Originally posted by Baptiste View Post
                                                    Oxen make football kits now? They’re spreading like a poor man’s Castore.
                                                    They're Doncaster-based which is why we've connected with them; they're also making kits for Doncaster Knights (rugby union) and, I think, Doncaster Rugby League.

For the last two seasons our kits have been provided by Elite Pro Sportswear which seems to have an established link with Oxen in some capacity or another.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X