No announcement yet.

Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on in the detailing of that Ipswich shirt?

Comment

Judging by how bad the traffic was on the M4 westbound when I went down to Bristol on 27th May to see Derren Brown, whilst Ed was performing in Cardiff, I daresay tickets have sold extremely well.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
        What's going on in the detailing of that Ipswich shirt?
        "The body of the shirt includes a unique design based on the Cobbold Stand". For some reason.

Ed just likes to give money to his local team, I think. Don't think he really needs the publicity.

Comment

Away shirt:

I'm underwhelmed with both home and away.

Comment

Hibernian - with sublimated image of the West Stand at Easter Road on the front. There's a 2nd image which shows it better.
            It's not to my liking I'm afraid, but I appreciate that it's tricky for clubs with such a recognisable "template" to change things up occasionally, especially as kits are only around for 1 season nowadays.
            https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1537359334220365824
            Last edited by The Red Max; 16-06-2022, 09:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
              Judging by how bad the traffic was on the M4 westbound when I went down to Bristol on 27th May to see Derren Brown, whilst Ed was performing in Cardiff, I daresay tickets have sold extremely well.
              The sales on the tour have actually been patchy by his standards. Some shows have sold out while some are far from that. He's actually doing too many multiple nights at bigger stadia and could possibly have consolidated some.

That's not the reason for the Ipswich shirt sponsorship though as it started last season just before this current tour went on sale.

Comment

A clearer image of the Ipswich home shirt:

Hm, actually it's already growing on me. But that could just be the Wes Burns effect.

The back is plain. The stripes continue on the back of the change shirt, so that's good.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post

Rav seems to have reached a point where he looks like he actually is from Middlesbrough.
                  There is the start of a Bob Mortimer thing going on with his fizzog.

Comment

There is the start of a Whale Hill Social Club thing going on with it.

Comment

He still looks very trim though.

Face of a 70-year-old on the body of a man half his age.

Comment

The Ipswich shirt looks better when not modelled by someone with a distracting sleeve tattoo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post
                          Hibernian - with sublimated image of the West Stand at Easter Road on the front. There's a 2nd image which shows it better.
                          It's not to my liking I'm afraid, but I appreciate that it's tricky for clubs with such a recognisable "template" to change things up occasionally, especially as kits are only around for 1 season nowadays.
                          The better image below. It seems to be an actual photo of the stand, rather than detailing of the outline/shape. I'm not keen either.

Comment

I actually quite like that - the only thing wrong with it is that the green doesn't go all the way round the torso.

Have Hibs ever done a sublimated image of the Famous Five on one of their kits? If not, maybe one for the future.

Comment

They haven't, but they seem to be fair set on the sublimated image route (last season's was a map of Leith), so it perhaps wouldn't be a great surprise if that did happen.

Comment

Hibs' sublimated stand shirt is executed better than Ipswich's it they are a tricky thing to pull off well.

Comment

If anyone is interested in more Boro tat, I love love love this.

https://twitter.com/Boroshirts/status/1537397686135099395?t=hnd4McngTCkXBlJGsfCnMA&s=19

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                                    I actually quite like that - the only thing wrong with it is that the green doesn't go all the way round the torso.

Have Hibs ever done a sublimated image of the Famous Five on one of their kits? If not, maybe one for the future.
                                    They can have this one on me...

Famous Five.jpg

Comment

Hibs should have Logan Roy on their shirts, and Hearts should have Roman.

Comment

Tranmere. I quite like it, even though the Essar position appears to vary. https://twitter.com/tranmererovers/status/1537484175330115584?s=21&t=X4kO1Z4BsD4g4L-O5zT6hQ

Comment

PSV's change kit is inspired by art, which sounds quite a wide term of reference. Shorts are plain black.

Comment

It's very Croatia change strip - I like it.

Comment

Dundee - nice.
                                              https://twitter.com/DundeeFC/status/1537531458348277763

Kilmarnock 3rd - there's a slight "public transport upholstery" vibe about it, but another tidy effort from Hummel.
                                              https://twitter.com/KilmarnockFC/status/1537495919045787648

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post
                                                Albiceleste-tastic - think we know who Dundee fans will be supporting at the World Cup (actually that's quite common among Scottish fans when they don't qualify, isn't it?).

Shorts and socks also nicely mixable to avoid 'overall clashes'.

Comment

This looks like some kind of peculiar mash-up :

https://twitter.com/gchptfc/status/1537754145771462656?s=21&t=aAxG7tedwNxHDqcBARZh1g
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 17-06-2022, 11:17.

Comment

Actually, have we seen a new Jags first kit yet or is it unchanged?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X