• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    Change strip. Shame about the badge.
    You are not wrong

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post

Motherwell - another nice effort from The Steelmen, but it would have been even nicer with the amber panel on the back as well.
      https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/1536793094862974976
      I rather like that- it's got a strong late seventies/ early eighties vibe.

I like the Hearts shirt posted above too

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post

I rather like that- it's got a strong late seventies/ early eighties vibe.
        Indeed it does, it's a "throwback" to the 1982 / 83 kit made by Patrick Sportswear.
        https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/1536785550228590593/video/1

Comment

https://twitter.com/merthyrtownfc/status/1536770453598916609?s=21&t=xBo8DveQuu8bsGBJRacdOA

Merthyr Town Football Club has released their new Joma 2022/23 away kit in the colours of Shakhtar Donetsk.

The striking orange shirt is to celebrate the town’s links with the city of Donetsk and to hope for peace in Ukraine. John Hughes from Merthyr Tydfil travelled in 1870 to build an ironworks for the imperial Russian government, and within two years he had started the production of iron in the new town of Hughesovka, which took his name from the founder. Hughes was accompanied to the region by over a hundred ironworkers and miners from the South Wales Valleys. In fact, Welsh migrants continued to travel to Hughesovka into the early 20th century until the Bolshevik revolution in 1917.

The town of Hughesovka is now the city of Donetsk and our two regions continue to share an industrial history which covers both steelworks and mining. The term “Shakhtar” itself means “Miners”.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post
            Indeed it does, it's a "throwback" to the 1982 / 83 kit made by Patrick Sportswear.
            https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/1536785550228590593/video/1
            After seeing the Motherwell shirt I suspected they may have once worn a kit similar to Southampton. They've had some nice kits over the last 5-6 years.

Comment

Last edited by Capybara; 16-06-2022, 08:11.

Comment

Comment

The dodgy sponsor feels very dominant there.

Comment

Beaten to it, but I like it on first impressions. In fact, I like it a lot.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Boro/status/1537347309650182145?t=vk5HXEPVoqSrFIUeILMBDw&s=19

He's still laughing about them bloody lightbulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                        The dodgy sponsor feels very dominant there.
                        It's a major factor (but far from the only one) in the shirt's general hideousness.

I'm hoping it's the garment that is making Ravanelli look so awful as, given he was born on exactly the same day as me, it's otherwise very worrying.
                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-06-2022, 08:33.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                          Beaten to it, but I like it on first impressions. In fact, I like it a lot.
                          Ruined by the sponsor for me. I can't see past that.

Comment

I try not to pay too much attention to sponsors, the same with referees, but obviously they are not the best even in a field of generally unappetising businesses.

I am a fan of the grandad collar, nostalgia for that Boro-Sampdoria shirt where a warehouse full of them got robbed and they were being sold in every other Teesside pub for a fiver each.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

It's a major factor (but far from the only one) in the shirt's general hideousness.

I'm hoping it's the garment that is making Ravanelli look so awful as, given he was born on exactly the same day as me, it's otherwise very worrying.
                              Rav seems to have reached a point where he looks like he actually is from Middlesbrough.

Comment

Rav seems to have reached a point where he looks like he actually is from Middlesbrough.
                                Ha! That's very true.

Comment

Yeah, these days people actually ask him to pull his shirt over his head.

Eh? Eh? Is this thing on?

Edit: I should have watched the video first.
                                  Last edited by Hot Orange; 16-06-2022, 08:40.

Comment

I try not to pay too much attention to sponsors, the same with referees, but obviously they are not the best even in a field of generally unappetising businesses.

I am a fan of the grandad collar, nostalgia for that Boro-Sampdoria shirt where a warehouse full of them got robbed and they were being sold in every other Teesside pub for a fiver each.
                                    I don't recall Boro having a grandad collar in modern times and certainly not pairing a white one with the white chest band, which is a major problem with the new shirt.

Also, while I love the chest band, it can surely only be Samp style if it a tricolour one?

Comment

II am on about this, it's much whiter when all the buttons aren't done up.

Comment

Comment

Ah, didn't realise you meant a one-off shirt.

That one certainly looks better as the outside of the placket is red not white and it's not paired with a white chest band.

It looks very nineties Welsh rugby shirt actually.

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-06-2022, 08:56.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think the team ever wore it, it was just a fashion item really. One of the best VFM fivers I have ever spent.

Comment

But they were absolutely ubiquitous locally.

Comment

I really like the Boro shirt (sponsor aside) and it fills me with hope that Errea won't ruin our home effort this season.

25 years and counting now with the Italian giants.

Comment

Ipswich:

And the Stars remain:

Comment

Are tickets for the bold Edward's tour really selling so slowly he needs to put it on a football shirt?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X