Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    It's clearly a nod to the classic Influence template they wore then...
    Which in turn was a knock-off of an adidas one, most famously Arsenal's "bruised banana" shirt.

It's something smaller manufacturers were wont to do - when we were with Vandanel, it just seemed to be a Nike template they'd ripped off every time they gave us a new kit.

Comment

Me and the kids have just been blatting some of the cars round the park, my daughter with her Mystery Machine liveried Lunchbox, the boy with his FTX Carnage and me with my Losi Mini T 2.0 with an aftermarket Baja Beetle shell I painted white, and slapped on some Amsoil decals.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post
        Bristol City goalkeeper kits:

Lad on the bottom right is a Bath lad, Max O’Leary

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
          That is fabulous. Please tell me you can buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

It's clearly a nod to the classic Influence template they wore then but it's just a blandly, boringly executed retro touch. I like nods to clubs past kits but they are a tricky thing to get right.

I much prefer the bold design of the last Cambridge shirt.
            I’ve got the Cardiff one of that and it was genuinely getting admiring remarks at 5 a side recently

Comment

Link for the Streatham Rovers shirt
              https://bastardosports.bigcartel.com...-23-home-shirt

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post

Lad on the bottom right is a Bath lad, Max O’Leary
                The others being more shower people, presumably?

Comment

Bohs with a "Dublin Bus" inspired FAI Cup jersey:

Comment

Umbro and Ipswich confirm the four-year deal, starting with this season. How are the Umbro kits looking that are out of the box so far?

Edit - have been through the thread and the only Umbro kit out so far is the WHUFC one.
                    Last edited by Kevin S; 14-06-2022, 13:10.

Comment

Time for a little Umbro hunt then.

Hearts

Reims

Dresden

Comment

Actually, any of those in blue and white would be ok with me I reckon. Dresden's kit would have white cuffs with blue stripes and the single purple one would be red and, on balance, that's probably the template I'd go for here.

Comment

There are clearly some fancy patterns going on and - fingers crossed - it looks like the stars may have gone.

Comment

Oooh, exciting. Umbro do seem chuffed to have secured this particular League One side's deal, at least. If they can get Mr Sheeran to peddle the shirts on Instagram I should think they'll be able to sell them everywhere... (for anyone who wasn't aware, Ed will be sponsoring the shirt again this season).

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post

There are clearly some fancy patterns going on and - fingers crossed - it looks like the stars may have gone.
                              With those patterns, I'm suspecting something similar to this:

Comment

The rumours are that it is based on an early '90s Umbro kit - either that one, or the promotion kit that preceded it:

I wasn't overly keen on either of them, to be honest.
                                Last edited by Hot Orange; 14-06-2022, 15:29.

Comment

Erzgebirge Aue

https://twitter.com/FCErzgebirgeAue/status/1536755352208781312?t=FmP9cisKFaoA2evbp9WgmA&s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                                    The rumours are that it is based on an early '90s Umbro kit - either that one, or the promotion kit that preceded it:

I wasn't overly keen on either of them, to be honest.
                                    You prefer the 1995 tie dye look?

Comment

That was Core rather than Umbro. known as the 'dipped in bleach' shirt. Who even were Core - they seemed to make the Wimbledon kit at that time as well. Any others?

Comment

Core also did Brentford - with only two red stripes...

Comment

The one we've been waiting/hoping for, York's chocolate and cream 3rd kit (shorts/socks TBC). Still desperately wish it had a different sponsor, but pretty cool nevertheless...

EDIT: It's going to be white shorts and brown socks, which I believe was the original full strip in the mid-1930s

Last edited by Jobi1; 15-06-2022, 11:12.

Comment

Yes, that's nice.

Comment

Yes, that's lovely.

Would have worked really well with a local confectioner/chocolatier as sponsor.

Comment

Ooooh, lush. Will forgive the recoloured badge this once in the circs.

Comment

Celtic 3rd - it will sell in it's usual shed-loads, but loses points for having a plain back
                                                  https://twitter.com/CelticFCShop/status/1537006230912253952

Motherwell - another nice effort from The Steelmen, but it would have been even nicer with the amber panel on the back as well.
                                                  https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/1536793094862974976

Comment

Change strip. Shame about the badge.

new-project---2022-06-15t113926.545.png

Comment

Working...
                                                    X