No announcement yet.

Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not as bothered by the red, but I do find it odd that it's been maintained on Spurs kits since AIA became sponsor.

Comment

It has been their corporate colour for over a century and has special cultural resonance in their core Chinese and overseas Chinese markets.

I think that their not being bothered with the change kits is related to the red on white scheme being so central to the brand.
      Last edited by ursus arctos; 07-06-2022, 13:55.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1534445363620347904

Sponsor logo's way too big and been allowed to dictate the colour scheme again, and this looks more-white-than-black to me where I prefer the reverse, but otherwise at least they've managed to not fuck up simple stripes. 7/10

Comment

Sponsor's logos are always too big. At least it hasn't created an illusory number 4 on the shirt this season. That aside, it's not too bad, at least it looks like a Newcastle shirt. I think the 'more white than black' effect is due to the sleeve stripes continuing over the shoulder in what I believe is called a Raglan sleeve (though I could be wrong- at risk of revealing my true identity, I think I can reveal that I'm not Gok Wan). Personally I prefer 'more white than black' to 'more black than white'. Each to their own.

Comment

That is indeed a Raglan sleeve. The shirt isn't terrible, although the sponsor is. I'd be happy with that in red and white for Southampton, but the rumours are that Hummel are going a bit Ajax for us this season.

Comment

Bristol City pay tribute to Rotherham their 50s team with this effort:

Last edited by andrew7610; 08-06-2022, 13:45.

Comment

Bristol City goalkeeper kits:

Comment

It's almost like kit manufacturers have a personal grievance against goalkeepers.

Comment

I quite like those BCFC goalkeeper kits. Particularly the black one. The pattern also is pulled through consistently on the back. No recolored badge nonsense.

Comment

Goalkeeper kits have a long way to sink yet before they're in the same class as some of the travesties knocking around in the 90s.

Comment

It's fine to piss around with goalkeeper kits. City are my less liked of the two Bristol clubs but I rather like all those ones, really.

I thought the one good thing about the Saudis taking over Newcastle would be one less gambling company as a shirt sponsor, but seemingly not.

Comment

For all I've kvetched about Castore, they seem to have knocked us up a goalie shirt that is very neat and tidy:

Comment

nice recognition that the Newcastle keeper has historically been sweating.

Comment

Is it just me who, whenever I glimpse a Newcastle shirt, instinctively starts reading that logo as FUNBAGS for a split-second? It's so plug-ugly, anyway, it's almost a shame they haven't yet plastered a big VISIT SAUDI ARABIA, IT'S JUST LOVELY banner across the chest instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                It took me a few seconds when I first saw it, too. They should've put a Freddie Mercury moustache under the badge (or perhaps instead of the sponsor's logo).
                                To be strictly period-accurate, they have indeed included exactly the same Freddie Mercury moustache that he was sporting at the time he made Barcelona with Monserrat Caballé:

Comment

Do you know, we rewatched the video of their performance at the 1992 opening ceremony just the other week and I'd (obviously) entirely forgotten he'd shaved it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                    Do you know, we rewatched the video of their performance at the 1992 opening ceremony just the other week and I'd (obviously) entirely forgotten he'd shaved it off.
                                    They'd originally released the song in 1987. There might have been a small problem with Freddie Mercury performing in 1992.

Comment

Wolves

Comment

West Ham, blergh

Comment

That's a shocker from West Ham. Is there meant to be a nod to 91-93's Bukta shirt in there somewhere?

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 09-06-2022, 12:18.

Comment

Ah, there is ;

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                              West Ham, blergh

Take all those crude, over fussy lines from the shoulders and it’s okay. Unfortunately those crude, over fussy lines on the shoulder are the most immediately eye catching feature. So, not very nice.

The Bristol City home shirt is quite nice but not mad about the collar. Surprisingly for Hummel, the goalkeeper shirts are really unpleasant.

Comment

I actually like the West Ham kit, the lines on the shoulder remind me of feature decals on a number of classic Tamiya RC buggies, and that's a good thing.

Comment

My big issues with it are the collar and cuffs. Both are too wide - the cuffs especially - and the collar has an unnecessary two-colour style. They are distractions, and the shoulder stripes would have looked much better if they weren't competing for attention with them.

Comment

The West Ham kit is a hot mess but props for the image of players smiling and arsing around rather than the usual glaring and finger-pointing in some gloomy setting.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X