Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinin for the fjords??

Comment

For a team with a kit design that ought to be so hard to fuck up, it feels like an awfully long time since Barcelona last had a non-shit shirt. The manufacturers don't really have much of an excuse to give them one that's not gorgeous every season, but they haven't even managed average in what feels like about a decade now.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        Also isn't "the shape of the fjords"
        It's also the prow of a "Viking ship", not the "bow"

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          thats truly pitiful

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            For a team with a kit design that ought to be so hard to fuck up, it feels like an awfully long time since Barcelona last had a non-shit shirt. The manufacturers don't really have much of an excuse to give them one that's not gorgeous every season, but they haven't even managed average in what feels like about a decade now.
            All of this. Any manufacturer with an iota of common sense knows that if you've produced a "controversial"* version of a famous get-up, then you immediately follow that up with a clean, ultra-traditional version the next season. It's not an official apology or an admission that you messed up badly, but there's an unspoken message in there and it wins you praise and gets people back onside.

Alas, Nike seem to be lacking any common sense whatsoever when it comes to Barca.

*shite

Comment

I tend to like clean, traditional looking shirts, but that Barca 22-23 home jersey looks fine to me. And I liked the 21-22 home.

Comment

Mes que un streaming service.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRoteJr. View Post
                  I tend to like clean, traditional looking shirts, but that Barca 22-23 home jersey looks fine to me. And I liked the 21-22 home.
                  They would have been slightly better if they had been the right colours. Nike has no idea what the right shade of blue is (they've somehow gone both too light AND too dark this time!) and as for grenadine? Never heard of it, mate.

Comment

The 'inspired by Barcelona '92' on the Barcelona kit I'd presumed was them winning the European Cup for the first time, but it's just dawned on me that it's the Olympics – hence the flame thing – which makes that shirt even more of a nonsense

Comment

One thing that sadly unites the Laporta and Bartomeu eras is a complete inability to say no to Nike's latest brainwave.

It is embarrassing, but then so are a lot of other things about the club is being run.

Comment

I've been trying to remember where I'd seen that Barca red & two blue colour scheme before. Not precisely the right shades of blue, but the MoD might want a word:

Comment

Oh yes, the 1939-45 Star has those as the ribbon too.

Comment

Walton Rowing Club's colours are similar ;

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                              The 'inspired by Barcelona '92' on the Barcelona kit I'd presumed was them winning the European Cup for the first time, but it's just dawned on me that it's the Olympics – hence the flame thing – which makes that shirt even more of a nonsense
                              It took me a few seconds when I first saw it, too. They should've put a Freddie Mercury moustache under the badge (or perhaps instead of the sponsor's logo).

Comment

Mind ay when barca refused to sully their colours with a sponsor's logo

Comment

Spurs new home shirt:

Comment

Patrick and Esme would be appalled at how badly those seams line up.

Comment

Nike debuted that appalling neon green colour with the Seattle Seahawks a few years ago and now seem to have foisted it on Spurs too. 5/10.

Comment

I was assuming that it was actually a trad Spurs trim colour of yellow that just looked off in that pic/my monitor?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                          I was assuming that it was actually a trad Spurs trim colour of yellow that just looked off in that pic/my monitor?
                                          Difficult to tell - half the pics out there look neon green, the other half look more like an acid yellow:

Comment

It's clearly, um,... volt.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/...color-for.html

That Spurs shirt was first leaked over a year ago, even before last season's kit had been released (I could link to the story in the S*n, but I won't). Shows you how far ahead these things are planned.

Comment

Ah, that would be different from Seattle Seahawks, then, as they use Action Green not Volt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                Ah, that would be different from Seattle Seahawks, then, as they use Action Green not Volt.

I bet you feel silly now.

Comment

I just take is as a sign of my increasing old-fart-ness that I can remember when neither Spurs or the Seahawks looked like their kit had been stored beneath some leaky highlighter pens.

Comment

All the recent Spurs home shirts would immediately be improved if the sponsor was in the dark blue rather than red. It's not as if they're precious about their corporate colours like some are - they've allowed it to be changed on all their previous change kits and goalkeeper shirts.

I say this as the parent of a Tottenham fan. I'll be buying 7610jr one anyway at some point I guess, but I just wanted my disapproval to be noted.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X