X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Yes, welcome Beagle.

Fine avatar, too.
    Hang on, how do you come to that conclusion? His name is Beagle yet his avatar is an Eagle. These are two vastly different animals.
    Of course he could make this work if he follows the idea used by Barrow AFC, whose badge features a bee with an arrow to make up the word Barrow, so maybe a picture of a bee with the eagle would pass, though an actual beagle is a worthy enough creature to feature in its own right too.
    Unless you oppose fox hunting I suppose, but then it's not the beagle that's to blame for that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Absolute cobblers. Bourbons are ace. Rich Tea is the worst biscuit. It's what miserable relatives who don't like kids visiting buy because they feel obliged to have something in but want to make the visit as miserable as possible so the kids don't want to come again.
      I'd have been more likely to come back for some decent broccoli, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyDracula View Post
        Apropos of earlier, a jersey is long-sleeved (and made of wool, although that's fallen by the wayside), whereas a guernsey has no sleeves. I don't know what a sark or an alderney are.
        No connection to the island, but a sark is a shirt or chemise (female undergarment) in Scots. Probably best known from "Cutty Sark" ("short shirt"), the nickname of the young witch in Burns' "Tam O'Shanter", after whom the ship was named.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Hang on, how do you come to that conclusion? His name is Beagle yet his avatar is an Eagle. These are two vastly different animals.
          Of course he could make this work if he follows the idea used by Barrow AFC, whose badge features a bee with an arrow to make up the word Barrow, so maybe a picture of a bee with the eagle would pass, though an actual beagle is a worthy enough creature to feature in its own right too.
          Unless you oppose fox hunting I suppose, but then it's not the beagle that's to blame for that shit.
          The picture is of a Bald Eagle. Hence B. Eagle or Beagle. I fancy we might see her/him on the Crossword thread before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Lymeswold Snork View Post

Perhaps you like all types of biscuit equally. An admirable trait. (Especially if it means we can palm the malted milks and fig newtons off on you.)
            Oi, I’ll have the fig rolls!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
              Reminds me a touch of the 1996 Lotto Cardiff City change kit but I doubt that was the intention.

There you go, Beagle, that should be an inspiration to you.

Comment

Puma punish the Italians for signing with adidas for 2023 with this shocker.
                https://twitter.com/goal/status/1531207741833887744

Comment

Never knew that Wycombe was primarily Italian

Comment

I quite like that but then I was a fan of this ;

Comment

What colour are the shorts it's paired with is now the crucial question.

Comment

Italy have had some great kits. Just not recently. As far as I can make out, they won't be wearing shorts of any colour, in a departure from the norm they're matching their Wycombe-styled shirts with chinos. Of course their shorts should be white, but there's no guarantee with this 'all one colour' thing going on, which fortunately some countries (Brazil, Argentina, Germany) are happy to ignore. It's the FFP of international kit manufacture- if the country is sufficiently 'elite', they can tell FIFA or whoever came up with this stupid 'rule' to do one.
                        I expect England will be all-white again...

Comment

Not wearing shorts is tradition

Comment

Don't mind that Italy shirt.

Italy in adidas will be weird. The shirt I'm imagining has far too much white.

Comment

I like Adidas, but Italy should really be Kappa or Diadora as long as they come up with something decent. Puma kits aren't generally much good, as evidenced above. See also Italy's kits for the 2006, 2010 and to a lesser extent (at least the shorts were white) 2014 World Cups, and the hideous Euro 2020 kit.

Ursus: tell me you didn't Google 'Italian footballers in their underpants'!

Comment

'Great news' from Villa- we have Castore making our kit from next season. Apparently 'Castore and Aston Villa are both aligned in terms of their future goals which include; striving for excellence, having a clear strategic direction and adopting a challenger mentality - making the new partnership a perfect synergy.' Fair sets the pulse racing, though I'm not convinced by the use of the semi-colon.

I don't know much about Castore, though the name is vaguely familiar- are they any good? In my mind they're associated with lower-division Scottish League teams, probably quite wrongly.

Comment

They make Rangers, Newcastle and Wolves' current kits and also outfit Andy Murray and the West Indies cricket team.

Comment

They also outfit the England Cricket team now as well.

Comment

Really? That must be new, have they actually played in one of their kits yet?

Comment

I've checked their website: Newcastle (the foul number 4 shirts), Wolves and Rangers (both OK, I suppose). So I was close. They seem to like a club badge on the sock (if it's not too fiddly).

Edit: Ray, you were very quick off the mark there. So anyway, are their kits any good in terms of quality?

Comment

Castore are based in Manchester. They're badly overstretching and will probably collapse in a few years. They're throwing all sorts of cash around, poaching staff, clubs, all sorts. And they make shit kits. Proper relegation fodder.

I think they're moving into F1 as well.

Comment

The Cinch of kit manufacturers then?

Actually, Cinch sponsor England cricket now too, don't they?

Comment

Yup

Comment

The test kit (same sponsor) will debut against the Black Caps

Comment

I will be debuting this on the Friday at Lord's myself ;

I'm not the model in the photo, I should point out.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

I think they're moving into F1 as well.
                                                    Yup, they're the Official Team Apparel and Sportswear Partner for McLaren.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X