No announcement yet.

Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice textbook header by the ray though, keeping its eyes on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Depends what they're up against, tbh. They shit all over bourbons, for example. Also, they are great for dunking, but you have to get it right.
      They're definitely a good choice for dunking. A real test of nerve/timing but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
        Nice textbook header by the ray though, keeping its eyes on the ball.
        Like a modern-day Billy the Fish (actually, is Billy still playing?).

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
          "Primary" shirt, not "Home" shirt. Interesting phrasing.
          Reassuring if they then refer to the alternative as their change strip, rather than their away strip. Get back to the away team only changing when they actually have to.

Comment

We played away from home a few times this season in our primary kit, much to my delight.

Comment

Primary kit sounds like what you'd wear for Music and Movement class aged 6, i.e. vest and pants.

Comment

Depends what they're up against, tbh. They shit all over bourbons, for example.
                Good grief man, this is hobbesian levels of wrongness.

On the other hand, I suppose someone's got to be eating them. As long as it's not me, have at it.

Comment

Bourbons are rotten. The worst biscuit ever invented. By a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                    "Primary" shirt, not "Home" shirt. Interesting phrasing.
                    Both wrong. It should be "first".

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                      If you look closely at the red fabric, it looks like they've hidden RdG's Rothko painting a few times in there, along with a few small photocopiers, inkjet printers and a few DVD players.

Comment

Hope you get to enjoy it next season...

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

I could be wrong but isn't 'jersey' still quite commonly used in Scotland and Ireland for football? It's not exactly an unheard of term in England either I'd say (although I did grow up with an Irish father so that could have skewed my experience of it).

It's when Australians start talking about 'guernseys' that it all gets really confusing...
                          Was driving today, so missed this. Yes, jersey is the preferred word in Scotland still. I use "shirt" on here more often than in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

Both wrong. It should be "first".
                            Primary and first are synonyms though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

Depends on the context.

Comment

Yeah, the context is football kits. Who says primary?

It's first, change, third.

Comment

The context is describing football kits.

(Cross post)

Comment

I knew that I should've put primary in inverted commas...

Comment

I quite like first, change, alternative change.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

Not quite the same though. Primary can also mean 'main' and follow on from the first stage of something.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                                          I'm a long-time lurker, with very little of actual interest to contribute.
                                          If we'd all come to the board with this attitude most of us would never have posted anything to start with. Just have at it. There's no limit on how many posts the servers will hold.*

*Disclaimer: for all I know there might in fact be a limit on how many posts the servers will hold.

Comment

Fuck me, I've said nowt of note or consequence in 20k+ posts. Welcome, Beagle

Comment

These are excellent points. It's hard to jump that chasm to start with though – I think I lurked for ages before eventually dredging up the courage to break cover for the first time in a random thread for the World Cup 2010 Worst Pundit Awards, where I posted precisely once (at, admittedly, the length of half a dozen paragraphs) then ran away again for about 7 months. I managed about 18 in total in my first two and a half years, taking a bizarre scattergun approach to which esoteric subjects I elected to comment on and never once feeling I really had much to say worth sharing, before eventually getting used to this and settling down as a regular poster from 2013.

Comment

I took a good year or so to get going, only the 2018 World Cup brought me out of my shell really.

Comment

Apropos of earlier, a jersey is long-sleeved (and made of wool, although that's fallen by the wayside), whereas a guernsey has no sleeves. I don't know what a sark or an alderney are.

Comment

Bourbons are rotten. The worst biscuit ever invented. By a long way.
                                                    Absolute cobblers. Bourbons are ace. Rich Tea is the worst biscuit. It's what miserable relatives who don't like kids visiting buy because they feel obliged to have something in but want to make the visit as miserable as possible so the kids don't want to come again.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X