No announcement yet.

Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that's in no way crimson, there's too much of an orangey-pink tinge. What would we call that? Dark salmon? Lobster bisque? Sunburn?

Comment

Staedtler 364 Textsurfer.

Comment

My uni scarf for comparison

I think that my philatelic colour wheel would have the shade of the kit as closest to "orange red"

Comment

Vermillion for me.

Comment

That was my second choice.

Comment

Vale of Leven have a strip celebrating 150years. Notwithstanding the 1930s when the club didn't exist, I've no opinion on strip. The photographer's choice has meant my retinas have been burned out by the sun.

Comment

I like the round neck and nod to the 60’s kit with the maroon and white trim. If the club badge and Puma logo had been right and left across the chest instead of vertical is would have been very good.

Comment

It does look like a Burnley or Villa change strip. Which is fine I guess.

Comment

Am I right in thinking the maroon & white trim has only ever been on the socks of the first kit before...and used for various change kits obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      Am I right in thinking the maroon & white trim has only ever been on the socks of the first kit before...and used for various change kits obviously.
                      Essentially yes, but with a thin maroon stripe on the shorts. In the early 60’s the away kit was all maroon.
                      Last edited by Tony C; 26-05-2022, 07:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

A variation on that was Derek Riordan on his second spell at Hibs, when his preferred number 10 was already taken but all the keepers in the squad had gone for big numbers, so Riordan had 01 on his shirt.

In other news, seems Puma may be persisting with that utterly risible template from last season, but sticking the club badges on as well as the team names...

https://twitter.com/classicshirts/status/1529011218060648448?s=20&t=RZNPD_SCYv2AaaXhpUM6hQ
                        That's not a Peñarol home shirt!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsburySaint View Post
                          Vale of Leven have a strip celebrating 150years. Notwithstanding the 1930s when the club didn't exist, I've no opinion on strip. The photographer's choice has meant my retinas have been burned out by the sun.
                          I almost love the fact that not only could they not find a professional photographer for this shoot, but they couldn't even find an amateur sufficiently clued-up to not take a photo with the camera pointing towards the sun.

Comment

Are they on the stand roof?

Comment

That England away shirt reminds me of Scotland's worst ever change top:

It appeared red in some light conditions, orange in others, pink under floodlights.

The Eng home on the other hand is quite nice and understated.

And that Coventry shirt is gorgeous and I want one.
                              Last edited by blameless; 26-05-2022, 15:54.

Comment

That Scotland shirt was gorgeous and emblematic of Umbro's golden era* at the time. It's far, far better than the bland new England one.

* edit : Spellchecker initially changed this to "golfer era" that I was tempted to keep in.

Comment

Strongly disagree. Any kit that's never the same colour scheme twice in a row (is the shirt orange? salmon pink? scarlet? Are the shorts navy blue? purple?) is cack.

Comment

Feel free to share your opinions. I have some.

https://twitter.com/BarryTownUnited/status/1529477440686407681?t=w9JJZvEvsrsJK19CmoOd3Q&s=19

Comment

It is a shame that they can't get decent reception on the outfield shirt

Comment

https://twitter.com/philhecken/status/1529890760941871106?s=21&t=QnMftYmGS0DWk_I3nTBZfg

Comment

Not anything to do with Inter Miami's new kit, but if Uniwatch ever disappears from the interwebs, I shall be inconsolable.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                            I love yellow and blue kits, and I quite like that one

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                              New England kits in time for the Euros

The change kit is "bright crimson"

115 quid for the shirt. 40 or so for the shorts.

Comment

I saw that £115 price on twitter and thought it was possibly a piss take so didn't post it. I do not know what planet these folks are on mid cost of living crisis. That's around double many club shirts and I have no idea why. Platinum FA badge outline? Gold thread? Silver gusset?

Comment

Seems more like a "player issue" pricing - £115 is pretty much in line with what Nike are charging for those with their club teams.

Normal replicas are still £75 for their new Liverpool one (for example), mind.

Comment

Manufacturers will have to do something to stop Chinese counterfeits becoming even more popular. £75 when the same shirt is available for under £20 is not sustainable.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X