Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    I suppose the rival fans all shop at Harrods and Fortnum & Mason. Ridiculous.
    It at least looks better than Bolton's Home Bargains shirt.
    Better Home Bargains than QuickQuid, Spin and Win or Betfred. And my mum swears by Home Bargains.

My five-year-old has a BWFC/Home Bargains shirt. Must be the only boy in Munich who has one. (And it was his idea.)

Comment

I should clarify - I have no issue with Poundland, I love the place, also Home Bargains and B&M.

I just meant that it might put some fans off buying it because of the idiocy of opposition supporters.

Comment

It is the Home Bargains logo that I object to - it looks good on the front of a shop or the side of a wagon, but not on a football shirt. The primary red and blue.

Comment

See, I think the Home Bargains colour palette works ok with Bolton's kit. Would look awful on Watford or Plymouth though for example.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
            It is the Home Bargains logo that I object to - it looks good on the front of a shop or the side of a wagon, but not on a football shirt. The primary red and blue.
            Yes, I agree. I hate it when sponsors force their corporate colours on inappropriate shirts. Postbank's logo on a yellow background has ruined several otherwise decent Gladbach shirts. Whereas TeamViewer had to compromise and it looks fine.

Comment

One thing I hadn't initially appreciated about Poundland's sponsorship is that their head office is based in Walsall.

Comment

I thought Poundland were owned by a Polish company called Pepco (which have similar shops all over Eastern Europe). I could have imagined that though

Comment

According to Wikipedia Poundland own "Dealz", which has a presence in Ireland, Spain and Poland.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    I thought Poundland were owned by a Polish company called Pepco (which have similar shops all over Eastern Europe). I could have imagined that though
                    Also according to wiki, originally British owned, first store in Burton-on-Trent, headquartered in Willenhall in the borough of Walsall and owned by South African-German-Dutch holding company Steinhoff since a 2016 buyout.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                      I should clarify - I have no issue with Poundland, I love the place, also Home Bargains and B&M.

I just meant that it might put some fans off buying it because of the idiocy of opposition supporters.
                      Ditto. As sponsors go, my objection to us having TikTok wasn't a moral or ethical one - it was just a bit cringey and seemed to fit all too neatly into the whole Hollywood circus thing. The kind of thing that can easily get weaponised by rivals.

Comment

Lyon

Comment

Come on you whatever-it-is-this-seasons...

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                            Chelsea cosplay
                            That is way nicer than any shirt Chelsea have turned out in for a while.

Comment

Man City usually bring out half decent kits with little or no fussiness. This isn't one of them.

Red collar and central badge and manufacturers logo all detract.

Manchester City 22-23 Home Kit (2).jpg

Comment

It's not an actual shirt though is it. One of those artist's impressions.

Comment

True, but the Footyheadlines site were confident that it is what they will be bringing out.

Comment

I think we need to maintain certain standards here. Actual shirts or official representations only would be my recommendation.

Comment

There was another picture further down the page that looks a bit more like a genuine shirt.
                                      MCI2.jpg

Comment

Yess, it actually looks a lot better too. That's one of tue problems of the artist's impressions is that their artificiality doesn't do shirts justice.

I have no problem with the maroon trim as the club has some history with the colour. The centralisation of everything isn't great though.

Comment

Maroon was part of the pre-announced color palette.

Comment

Liverpool. Inspired by scouse solidarity, the bold and no-nonsense design represents the mentality of the people of Liverpool, a mentality that makes the city truly unique.

Comment

Are those antlers in the weave?

Comment

Either that or young Trent's spilled his drink down his new shirt. Mam's gonna kill him when he gets home.

Comment

Hummel do retro pretty well don't they?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X