Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Not the most enthralling new shirt to start the annual thread on but clearly the time is upon us :

Is the blue stain part of the design?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
      Is the blue stain part of the design?
      Catalan tears.

Comment

I was inspired by this thread to go to Footy Headlines to see what's been concocted for my club, with predictably disappointing results. But, I have to say that I do like the look of the third strip: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/...third-kit.html

Comment

Comment

Rumoured. I like the white. I am not liking Nike's shade of red(s) on current & future home kits.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled off Main Street View Post
              I am not liking Nike's shade of red(s) on current & future home kits.
              I don't know why it seems such a difficult thing to get right - New Balance also went far too dark, Reebok too bright to the point where it almost flouresced on camera.

Comment

So soon? It's quicker to come round than Christmas!

Comment

I know but some 22/23 kits had started to pop up on the old thread. I'm always wary of "artist's impressions" like some of the ones upthread though, best to wait until there's an actual shirt to share.

The new Arsenal one seems legit, for instance.

Comment

The hanger has become a feverish claim to accuracy

It will take at least two years for EA to add it to FIFA

Comment

That zigzag lightning bolt thing on the collar - surely that was Nike's motif when they started making Arsenal's kit in the 90s?

How often would one manufacturer so brazenly "pay homage" to a rival's design?

Comment

The current third is even more reminiscent of those kits

But I think of that as more of an Arsenal motif than a Nike one. I don't recall it being a widely used template.

Comment

The Arsenal kit is the best so far. Which wasn't a high bar to clear. And it does bring to mind a Nike kit from the mid 90s. John Hartson's era.

Comment

I was getting Bergkamp. So is that third Liverpool the "first" (home) shirt? Looks more like Roma or Hearts.

Comment

I believe it's meant to be (it certainly follows what is believed to be Nike's 2022/23 template if you can find a photo with finer details on it) but that's also the darkest I've seen it look. Other supposed leaks show it as a much more "normal" shade of red.

Comment

Time will tell I guess. But Liverpool’s was a great kit just a season or two ago.

Comment

Inverness Caledonian Thistle
                                  https://twitter.com/PUMATeamwear/status/1509199497565462542
                                  They've had some shockers in recent seasons, but oddly I quite like this.
                                  Blue for Caley, red & black for Thistle - job done.

Comment

Photoshop balls.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post
                                      Blue for Caley, red & black for Thistle - job done.
                                      I can't remember too many Inverness strips that actually had any black in them, which is odd considering where the "T" in "ICT" comes from.

Comment

Going back to the top of the thread, that Real Madrid shirt looks pretty much like every other jersey they've worn over the last 20 years. Having Emirates rather than Teka as the sponsor is the only clue that Vinicius Junior and Benzema will be wearing this rather than Raul and Luis Figo.
                                        Last edited by blameless; 31-03-2022, 13:49.

Comment

True, but there's only so much you can do with white.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                            True, but there's only so much you can do with white.
                                            And Adidas have also been with them since 1998 so the three stripes is almost always going to be a thing as well.

Comment

Surely Barcelona's recent history has convinced Madrid of the wisdom of their approach

Comment

https://twitter.com/ilgobbo2002/status/1510533456949911554?t=7iNoVmdYjmT0evXGycAGzw&s=19

Comment

I didn't think there were any further ways left with which to fuck up vertical stripes, but Adidas seem to have found one.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X