Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

That's a shame. I think sponsors of departing players get first dibs on new ones.
    Yes, that's the norm and how it's been presented to me which is absolutely fair enough.

Comment

Gonna need a fourth kit if you get palace away in a cup. I mean, i'm sure you can wear one of our change kits, can't see the dons faithful having any issue with that

Comment

I reckon we'd wear our new away kit away at Palace in the cup, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
          One for the Dons on here- AFC Wimbledon have never gone for the navy blue that wfc wore from 1993 onwards- is that felt to be an era not to be harked back to despite some good years on the field, or is it just an aesthetic choice? Always thought it looked smart myself.
          They made an explicit (if poorly worded) nod to that kit being an inspiration for the new one :

https://twitter.com/afcwimbledon/status/1551931915455840256?s=21&t=-v18hfWEL12AraZLvMyxRg
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 27-07-2022, 08:03.

Comment

Bournemouth, bloody hell!

Quite like it though.

Comment

The change kit is "Inspired by the palm trees on Bournemouth’s iconic seafront..."

https://twitter.com/afcbournemouth/status/1551961798886232068?s=21&t=nx3baDfwULSiJln5AqJYYQ

Comment

Umbro are doing a lot of, um, unusual things this summer.

Comment

Bournemouth home is horrible

Comment

I’ve a question about AFC Wimbledon kits that this seems the most suitable place to ask.

Am I right in thinking that AFCW initially committed to only changing the design of their kit every other season? And when and why did this change?

Comment

I presume, much like with FC United, all Wimbledon club policies are decided by membership votes?

Comment

From the club charter

The club changes both its home and away kits every other year, and its third kit is changed in the intervening year.

Comment

Wearing royal blue at home and navy away? Wimbledon are 2004 Portsmouth and I claim my five pounds.

Comment

Good question, UP. And you are quite right, ua.

Comment

The thing that always strikes me first about any Bournemouth kit, particularly in the era of total redesigns, trademark issues and recolouring, is how terrible their club badge is, combined with the disbelief that they refuse to change it. Am I the only person who thinks this?

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                                Bournemouth home is horrible
                                It makes me want to vomit out of my eyes.

Comment

Bournemouth is simultaneously a great shirt and also a bad Bournemouth shirt.

Comment

That Bournemouth shirt would give me a migraine.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                      Good question, UP. And you are quite right, ua.
                                      Glad I didn't imagine this... but I'd be interested to know how it ceased to be the case. Any ideas? Was it voted out as DR suggests?

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                                        I’ve a question about AFC Wimbledon kits that this seems the most suitable place to ask.

Am I right in thinking that AFCW initially committed to only changing the design of their kit every other season? And when and why did this change?
                                        It's primarily changed this season due to the switch to a new manufacturer in Hummel.

They club managed to avoid a complete change of kits when they last switched manufacturers from Admiral to Puma (wearing separate kits from both companies in one season) because they were both from the same licensee who agreed to it. That said, the new first kit has been specifically stated to be for one season only so that is a change in policy.

Part of me wondered if they might swap the current "away" darker blue kit to the "home" one next season (this has happened with previous change and third kits before) but I'm probably theorising wildly there.

I did ask Marc Jones (one of the club's founders who designed the early AFCW kits and has been involved with them again since the return to Plough Lane) on Twitter if we have had or need a fresh discussion on kit policy at Dons Trust level and he seemed to agree it was wise.
                                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 27-07-2022, 14:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I did ask Marc Jones (one of the club's founders who designed the early AFCW kits and has been involved with them again since the return to Plough Lane) on Twitter if we have had or need a fresh discussion on kit policy at Dons Trust level and he seemed to agree it was wise.
                                          On the basis that the every other season approach be more clearly renewed, or removed?

Comment

On the basis that all the policies be discussed. I'd imagine the issues thrown up by the new set of kits will prompt some questions from DT members.

Comment

You think wearing change kits as a default for away games is fine?

I mean, it's not as if I'm a lone voice on this, though I'll concede I'm a strident one. Most supporters seem to want a club to turn out in it's recognisable colours whenever possible and are against superfluous changes of kit.

I see your point but I cannot wait to see our purple kit in the flesh this season. We don't really clash with many teams really.

About seven years ago we played Sheffield United away. Their home kit was a predominantly white shirt with red pinstripes. Our away kit was a red shirt with black shorts if I remember. It was a complete headfuck.

Comment

Adopting Wales Euro 2016 qualifiers kit for the third is clearly an attempt to placate me ;
                                                I suspect they're doing this purely for my benefit now ;

https://twitter.com/afcwimbledon/status/1552680392024592384?s=21&t=gGCVZ5fQgnNQYwkyRHBLUw

Comment

Just to add to the confusion, NUFC have also released an away kit that echoes a previous success chapter [sic] in Wimbledon's history. Either that, or having seen the success of the Saudi Arabia Third Kit they've decided to pay tribute to the Congo Free State. Not sure.

Comment

Yeah that does look like a Wimbledon kit.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X