No announcement yet.

Strip Search - Kit Gallery 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked last season’s diagonal stripes. It’s a shame when the changing-kit-every-season thing means a good one can’t hang around.

Comment

Inter

And Liverpool change which is, ummm, different:

Comment

No offence to Gillingham, but that Inter kit looks more like it belongs to them than to a Champions League team - was half expecting to see Macron's logo top left.

Comment

Ooooooooooh, the new Wednesday kits are nice. Stripes on the back as well. The launch video is quite funny, they've filmed it at a gym with Dalton Smith (a boxer) and some of the squad in a plain kit, then we've clearly got a sponsor - whoever they are, at least they're not crypto - at a late stage so they've had to append some extra footage on from the dressing room.

Comment

Does anyone else find Inter's sponsor amusing? Just me? OK, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              No offence to Gillingham, but that Inter kit looks more like it belongs to them than to a Champions League team - was half expecting to see Macron's logo top left.
              It belongs on a Sunday League team, stretched over the gut of a hungover goalhanger.

Comment

I could massively derail this thread by offering up all of North Wales company Teejac's incredible offerings for local teams in the north west of the country, particularly their kits for Glan Conwy's junior teams, but instead I'll just serve you some highlights...

On the left a Spain '96 inspiration job for Bethesda Rovers new home shirt, and on the left Mynydd Llandygai's new home strip.

Comment

Oh you better believe there's more, because it's with goalkeeper tops that Teejac particularly excel themselves...

New GK offerings here for Gwalchmai on the left, and Caergybi on the right.

Comment

That Caergybi one left me open-mouthed

Comment

I've seen some outlandish goalkeeper gear in my time, but "rejected Guns n Roses album cover art" is a new one on me.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

That the player version? That racket has been going on for a couple of years.
                        Villa's home shirt (adult size) is £65, with the 'player version' at £110. The main difference I can see is that the more expensive one has holes in it. But here are the details from the website:

£65:
                        • Stylized collar with contrast tipping
                        • Set-in sleeve in contrast colour
                        • Tonal print to fabric for main body panels
                        • Angled side body panels with contrast abrasion tape at front for subtle colour pop
                        • Aston Villa and Castore crests on chest
                        • Officially licensed
                        £110
                        • Stylized collar with contrast tipping
                        • Set-in sleeve in contrast colour
                        • Embossed V to fabric on main body panels
                        • Angled side body panels with contrast abrasion tape at front for subtle colour pop
                        • Laser cut holes at back and sides for ventilation
                        • Aston Villa and Castore emblems on chest
                        • Officially licensed
                        So it seems that in addition to the holes, there may also be a difference in the material used on the 'main body panels' (which sound like something they'd have had on the tracks at Longbridge). Whether that's worth an extra £45, you tell me.

Comment

Christ, imagine the pelters you'd get if you turned up for 5-a-side in a shirt that didn't have embossed V to fabric on main body panels. Mortifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                            I could massively derail this thread by offering up all of North Wales company Teejac's incredible offerings for local teams in the north west of the country, particularly their kits for Glan Conwy's junior teams, but instead I'll just serve you some highlights...

On the left a Spain '96 inspiration job for Bethesda Rovers new home shirt, and on the left Mynydd Llandygai's new home strip.

Disappointed to see that they aren’t supplying Locomotive Llanberis as I’d love to have seen the fun they had with that.

I was impressed to see that they do reversible kits allowing teams to have first and change kit all in one. Imagine if pro clubs did this with replica shirts

Comment

It's also nice to see them holding hands...

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post

I was impressed to see that they do reversible kits allowing teams to have first and change kit all in one. Imagine if pro clubs did this with replica shirts
                                Man United did it once but with their change/third shirt ;

https://twitter.com/football__tweet/status/1321472289515425792?s=21&t=DyMeyppO2tJGw0YUcjyaHg
                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-07-2022, 17:36.

Comment

Valencia launch their away shirt (or jersey) with a gif that's like a particularly speedy Tinder swiping session
                                  https://twitter.com/valenciacf_en/status/1546819721038888961?t=q0KEEWlC4s6buM4ZxEQIVw&s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Because that would just be a t-shirt and look crap? Unless they went the thick cotton route like Toffs did. (Personally I found Toffs shirts uncomfortable. They languish in the bottom of my wardrobe.)
                                    I'd have thought it'd look crap if they did it badly and OK if they didn't, personally. I suppose it would probably look a bit less shiny than the plastic ones do, but that's an advantage in my opinion. As is less plastic being used.

Comment

The new Sampdoria away kit is beautiful.

https://sampdoriapoint.com/product/m...doria-2022-23/

Comment

Can't wait to see it plastered in sponsors.

Comment

That Samp away might just be the best thing Macron have ever produced. It's stupendous.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                                            might just be the best thing Macron have ever produced.
                                            Low bar.

Comment

Oh gawd, yes that is lovely. Sponsor logos everywhere will ruin it though, surely.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                                                That Samp away might just be the best thing Macron have ever produced. It's stupendous.
                                                Don't give me hope.

Comment

<Banging table>
                                                  3 shades of scribbles!
                                                  3 shades of scribbles!

Comment

That Samp shirt might be nice when it's finished.

Currently, the placement of the badges/logos seems strangely designed to focus undue attention on the wearer's breasts.
                                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-07-2022, 08:54.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X