Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Championship Manager - Greatest Ever

Futbolgrad's latest article, at futbolgrad.com

"Being born in the mid-80s would have increased the chances of Championship Manager 2 (released in 1995) characterising your adolescent years. Amongst other things, CM, as it was lovingly named, provided an oasis to quench a young man’s Wenger-like fetish for football, a purgatory period until reaching pub-acceptable height and, of course, a form of compensation for calamitous encounters with the opposite sex…"

http://futbolgrad.wordpress.com/2012...ost-soviet-xi/

Futbolgrad aims to inform its readership about past and current events encompassing the post-Soviet space through the conduit of the beautiful game. From the Baltic States to Far East Russia, and from the Caucasus mountains to the Central Asian steppe, futbolgrad intends to serve up a blend of informative articles, which will not only keep the avid football anorak up-to-date with contemporary issues taking place beyond the not-so-Iron Curtain, but will also touch upon other, often more pressing, matters concerning the region itself.

Thanks for your time!

Championship Manager 99/00 for me. Taribo West was very good.

Comment

Nice article. Looking forward to reading the rest of your site.

Comment

That Night In Barcelona wrote: Championship Manager 99/00 for me. Taribo West was very good.
        Nah, TNIB: it's called "The Boss", and you are IN IT. (if you have a Commodore 64, or emulator... oh my, the long winter nights simply fly by, when you are starring alongside your mates, in a team that is waiting for the outside of the screen to flash, whilst time goes by in multiples of 5 minutes, and you really are, playing Ceefax - The Game.)

Brilliant.

In other news, there is a cure for the common cold: apparently, in order to never have one, again, you have to die. Like spam. But without the deep-frying.

Comment

Florentin Petre. I signed him as a 20 year old for Ajax. He was a revelation.

I'm reading now that his career was blighted by hepatitis and electrocution.

Comment

The link is fucked, I'm afraid.

Comment

Had the double pack: CM2 plus CM2 Italia. I would've been 13 when it came it and naturally played it to death. Always used to make it my mission to snaffle Neil Lennon and Danny Murphy from Crewe as soon as possible if managing in the top two divisions. Wimbledon were excellent, too, IIRC. Leonhardsen, Ekoku and Gayle scored in spades.

Comment

https://www.rt.com/sport/510738-cham...tsigalko-dead/

One of the greatest ever players has passed away in real life.

RIP Maxim Tsigalko

Comment

A year older than me - such sad news.

Was a pain in the ass to get a work permit for though when you tried to sign him as an English team. Had to offer stupid money in wages for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X