No announcement yet.

African Cup Of Nations 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm happy with that. Mali will be wondering how they didn't get all the points.

Comment

Why did people prefer Gambia over Mali? Innocent and probably stupid question.

Comment

I used to live in Gambia so I'm supporting them. I don't know if anyone else was preferring them.

Comment

Ta

Comment

Underdogs I'd guess.

Comment

Ivory Coast get a deserved penalty, the taker takes a Zaza-style twatty run-up, and the Sierra Leone goalkeeper saves it. I enjoyed that.

Comment

Splendid equaliser from Musa Kamara of Sierra Leone.

The tournament’s starting to warm up a smidge.

Comment

Bizarre second equaliser for Sierra Leone in the dying seconds, following a monumental f***-up by goalkeeper Sangare - who was subsequently injured and replaced in goal by Serge Aurier…
                  Last edited by Jah Womble; 16-01-2022, 17:58.

Comment

That absurd equaliser ;
                    https://twitter.com/skyfootball/status/1482773641947406337?s=21

Comment

Sorry for Sangare. He looked unbeatable in the first half.

Comment

The pitch cut awfully up so I wouldn't be surprised if the goalie's knee is fucked up.

Comment

Goal for Equatorial Guinea against Algeria. Very much against the run of play. 1-0

Comment

Belaīli with a stunner of an equalizer, but he was offside.

Comment

Wow. Quite a result. Proper celebrations at the end.

Comment

Algeria will now have to beat Cote d'Ivoire, or they're almost certainly out. Any win will likely do, but that does not strike me as simple.

Comment

Neither side looks as imperious as billed. Still, this has gone some way to making the tournament interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                                    Algeria will now have to beat Cote d'Ivoire, or they're almost certainly out. Any win will likely do, but that does not strike me as simple.
                                    Oo I dunno, might be an outside chance...

[Edit] As clearly everyone upthread already knew. I'll get me coat etc.
                                    Last edited by MarkF; 17-01-2022, 15:24.

Comment

No worries, the still that is shown when you don't play that video is pretty artful.

1st round of games: 12 matches, 12 goals.
                                      2nd round of games: 12 matches, 29 goals.

Pretty clear that the tournament has perked up somewhat. Roll on round 3.

Comment

Burkina Faso lead Ethiopia with a well-taken goal from Bayala.

No score in t'other game thus far.

Comment

Cameroon 1-0 up.

Comment

One for the tournament highlight reel. Lovely long ball, excellent finish.

Comment

Already-eliminated Zimbabwe have a two-goal lead over Guinea at half time - the first goal converted by the excellently-named Knowledge Musona.

No score between Malawi and Senegal.

Comment

Malawi got a soft penalty, which was overturned by VAR for reasons utterly unclear to me. It was a judgement call whether this was a foul at all, so it would have been fine if the referee wouldn't have given it, but once given, I cannot see how VAR can conclusively determine that this was a clear and obvious error. It felt more like the VAR judge decided that the attacker could've stayed on his feet and therefore didn't deserve a penalty.

It probably won't matter much for the qualification for next round: Senegal top the group, Malawi are third with four points and 0 goal differential, and I expect the third-placed teams from groups D and E to achieve a worse result than that.

Comment

Things are not going well for Ghana this tournament.

Comment

Seriously not well.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X