2021 Ballon d'Or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Ballon d'Or

Robert Lewandowski gets the new "Striker of the Year" award, presumably to fob him off when Messi gets the main gong. Meanwhile, Barcelona's Alexia Putellas gets the female trophy.

Donnarumma takes the Yashin Award.

Comment

Messi wins the award because the engraver can't spell Lewandowski.

Comment

When you say "Messi", do you mean "Man currently hawking not-very-good Messi tribute act in Paris"?

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
          Donnarumma takes the Yashin Award.
          Jordan pickford had a marginally more impressive final than donarumma, both saving two penalties, and with pickford making slightly more, and slightly better saves in the final. I can't help wondering if he would have won this award if the player who missed their penalty had been italian rather than english.

Comment

Does a black player (Kante) have to be twice as good as the white guy to win this?

Comment

More that defensive midfielders, regardless of colour, rarely win gongs.

Comment

I find the media hype around this glorified journalists-filler-article turned into an award totally off putting. It's football's equivalent of the university boat race only even less interesting.

Comment

I think it's fair to say that this award basically puts the prize on a par with the fifpro awards or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X