No announcement yet.

Go 4th and qualify - match going 15th-21st October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic write up, Zeb. I liked the bus wash reference. When Cardiff Bus had their depot open day a few years ago I got to go on a ride through the bus wash. My video of it has had thousands of views.

Comment

I played for Wallasey Wanderers as a kid, but they didn't have a senior team then, good for them.

I think the split from the social club was why Lairds had to re-form the other year, so good to hear they are getting their own bar. They've had a fair number of 3 figures crowds this season which is a big improvement.

Comment

Eintracht Frankfurt 3 Olympiakos 1

The game we've been waiting for all season - a dominant performance including goals and victory. Dropped were our expensive but hitherto mediocre summer signings Lindstrom, Lammers and Hauge (all anonymous, at best, against Hertha on Saturday), back in favour is Goncalo Paciencia, who last season was leant out to Schalke, where he was either injured or ineffective. Now he suddenly looks like a proper forward. And Daichi Kamada (the man congratulated on instagram by thousands of Arsenal fans every birthday for instigating the firing of Unai Emery two years ago when he scored twice in our Europa League win in London), inexplicably on the bench at the weekend, and more of a footballer than most of the squad put together. 35,000 fans - officially sold out, but there were plenty of people trying to get rid of extras outside the ground, it having been a foul, stormy day, which tends to make cautious Germans stay home.

One down side to last night - with the score at 1-1 (a penalty each), Eintracht scored on the stroke of half-time. However, I was so sure that the VAR was going to call it back for offside (on the pass that lead to the pass that lead to the goal) that I didn't celebrate. Turned out after a check that the goal was fine, which of course was great, but this is how VAR cheats fans. Either you go with the flow and a minute later find out that you're an idiot. Or you forego celebrating and risk missing out completely. Overall, though, an excellent performance and a deserved win.

On the way home - my bike hit an unidentified object beneath a pile of wet leaves and I crashed to the floor. Several fans on foot showed their concern - my daughter, cycling behind me, said I literally flew through the air. Luckily, I only banged my right knee. A mile further on, I almost got run over by a motorcyclist who ran a red light and yelled at me, "You think you have right of way, or what?" I yelled back, pointing at the green crossing light, "Too right I do - it 's green, you arsehole!" A very German traffic exchange. Then in the deserted city centre (it was close to midnight), some hilarious twat in a wankmobile accelerated to about 80 to give us a scare as we were crossing an otherwise deserted road. The joys of using traditional transport methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlander View Post
          Argyle 3-0 Bolton

Argyle started this one like they finished Saturday and were fully deserving to be two up after fifteen minutes. The Bolton goalie was even warned about the second with the whole crowd braying 'shoot' which Conor Grant duly did low from about twenty yards. After that we kept on but finishing let us down. The second half was much more even and after Ryan Hardie, who'd led the Bolton defenders a dance all night, hit the post Bolton woke up. Two things saved us, their final ball coupled with the rain getting heavier and the pitch waterlogged. With about two minutes of injury time left a through ball held up, the keeper flew past it leaving Danny Mayor alone on the edge of the area, he somehow manged to dribble past the ball, Hardie following up got closer then left the ball behind, two Bolton players contrived to slide past it then Ryan Broom arrived to do what Hardie should have done and put his laces though it. Ten more minutes the ref would have had no option but to call it. Most comedic goal I've ever seen at Home Park, I've never laughed like that after a goal that I know.

Just about managed to stay dry in the new Mayflower stand, got soaking wet walking back to the car. The park was flooded and as were a couple of the roads on the way home. Spent the evening in the company of super furry dice for the first time in ages at Home Park. And we're still top of the league.

What a night.
          Yes that was a night and a goal to live long into the memory. And the laughter as you say, was booming even before Broom slotted it in. Ace to catch-upas well, and hopefully we'll see each other for Wigan.

Comment

Working...
          X