Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Terry Cooke can be our Ronaldo

Remember him

LA galaxy don't appear to be very good at all.

Colorado Rapids biog

Aquired: Signed on March 24, 2005 from Sheffield Wednesday (England)

Bio:
    In 2007, Terry Cooke was the Rapids assist leader for the second season in a row. Playing almost the entire season, Cooke was the leading outfield player in minutes played with 2,288, and was second on the team. Cooke led the Rapids with 101 corner kicks on the season. Cooke overcame a midseason knee injury in 2006 to become the MLS assist leader despite playing in just 23 games. Cooke had four multiple assist games over the course of the season creating a new team record. The Englishmen nearly topped the 2000 minute mark in 2006, falling just three minutes short.

MLS CAREER HIGHLIGHTS

2007: Made his 2007 debut playing 90 minutes and recording his first and second assists on April 7 vs. DC…Recorded his third assist on April 22 at Dallas…Recorded his fourth assist on May 26 vs. Los Angeles…Recorded his fifth assist on June 28 at DC…Recorded his sixth assist on July 22 at Kansas City…Recorded his seventh assist on Sept. 16 vs. CHV…2006: Made his 2006 debut playing all 90 minutes on April 2 at Houston…Recorded his first three assists on April 8 vs. Columbus…Recorded his fourth assist on May 6 vs. DC…Recorded his fifth assist on May 27 at Salt Lake…Recorded his sixth assist on May 31 vs. LA…Recorded his seventh and eighth assists on July 4 vs. New England…Recorded his ninth and 10th assists on July 20 vs. Chivas USA…Recorded his 11th and 12th assists on Oct.14 at Houston…2006 Playoff Highlights: Played 90 minutes and scored a goal in WCSS Game 1…2005: Cooke made his MLS debut at Salt Lake on April 16 recording a shot on goal…Scored his first goal against Kansas City on July 4…received his first yellow card against San Jose on July 20…recorded his first assist against Los Angeles on Aug. 8…received his second caution at San Jose on Aug. 13…Scored his second goal of the year against DC United on Sept. 9…Received his third yellow card at DC United on Sept. 17…collected his second assist against Salt Lake on Sept. 21…2005 MLS Playoffs: Cooke played all 90 minutes in the first leg against Dallas taking two shots, one on goal…Played all 120 minutes at Dallas in the second leg recording two assists and scoring Colorado’s fourth goal in the penalty shootout…played all 90 minutes in the Conference Final against Los Angeles taking one shot that went off the crossbar.

OTHER CAREER HIGHLIGHTS

Cooke joined the Rapids after spending two years with English Second Division team Sheffield Wednesday…Was the Sheffield Wednesday player of the month in October 2004…Played in the UEFA Cup while he was with Manchester United…The Birmingham native developed his first soccer steps within the world renowned Manchester United system, the team that actually saw him make his debut at a professional level…During his second year with the Red Devils, Cooke was awarded the team’s Young Player of the Year award from the hands of Sir Alex Ferguson himself…Cooke grew up playing soccer with players such as Gary Neville, David Beckham, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes…During his time with Manchester City, Cooke won back-to back-promotions to the EPL under the management of Joe Royle, playing along side of greats like Ian Bishop."

Comment

Not exactly, aiatl. That was his first goal in 2 seasons.

Comment

And I am the Life wrote:
        LA galaxy don't appear to be very good at all.
        We haven't been in years now.

Comment

I swear Terry Cooke is following me around this weekend. First off I was reading an old copy of UWS on the toilet, and there was an article about him and some other ex-Reds playing in the States. Then he appears in a game of Grimbsy Town 2003 Top Trumps I played. Then he gets a mention on a different forum I use. And now you, AIATL, mention him.

I mean, I'm all for serendipity and that, but for fuck's sake, Terry Cooke. How many instances do I need to experience before I realise that something is going on? Something from a higher plane?

Comment

Working...
          X