• Show
Clear All

Toney Toney Toney - Armchair thread w/e 18/9

Things I've learned from watching Wolves Brentford
    1. VAR is so much better this season
    2. Ivan Toney is really fucking good
    3. Pontus Janssen is still a dick
    4. Wolves aren't very good, but Hwang, their South Korean player is
    5. The Romanian commentator keeps calling Brentford Bradford. Either he's confused or that ntf consonant cluster is really hard for him to pronounce

Brentford I like but their timewasting today is one for the ages.

Comment

Agreed . I sort of understand it after they went down to ten men, but they were doing in the first half

Comment

Not since Franz Carr was in his heyday has a player wasted as many crossing opportunities as Adama Traore has today. As I was writing this, he finally got one right, only for Raul Jimenez to head just wide.

And yes, the timewasting has been theatrical.

Comment

6. If Traore was on my team I'd find him the world's most frustrating footballer

Comment

Hull are pretty poor but have still been unlucky a couple of times, Sheffield United look solid rather than spectacular, they should make the play offs.

Comment

I see that Traore is continuing the reputation he established.as.a.teenager.at Barcelona

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                I see that Traore is continuing the reputation he established.as.a.teenager.at Barcelona
                Is astonishing to think that he went through their youth system. The only former barca player who comes close in the general clueness stakes is gerald deulofeu.

Comment

It's telling that Nuno Santo never bothered going in for him despite all the rumours. He was a bit part player last season, probably because Santo realised he could only do what he was doing for a season or two before everyone worked out how to freeze him out of the game.

Comment

liverpool must be delighted that they've done away with VAR for penatlies. Tsimikas absentmindedly tripped benteke seconds before jota managed one of the misses of the season, and one of the liverpool defenders was clearly dragging out of zaha for that chance that allison tipped onto the post.

It's hard to believe that that's the ninth consecutive time that mane has scored against palace.

Comment

Sounds like Manchester City got away with one thanks to VAR.

Comment

Can't work out if this Greek kid playing for Liverpool is really dirty or really clumsy

Comment

It could always be both.

Keita's goal is worth seeing.

Comment

The three players Liverpool will miss for the return match against Palace in January (for ACON) are, er, Mane, Salah and Keita.

Comment

That liverpool game reminded me of the scene in pulp fiction where the guy emerges out of the jacks and empties a revolver around samuel l jackson. But I suppose you need a bit of luck if you're going to change three of your back four.

Did pep have another go at his own fans?

Comment

As I can't find the current French football thread (is there one?) I'll just observe here that Saint-Etienne -v- Bordeaux is an absolute farce thanks to the torrential rain.

Comment

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...un-21-22/page2

Comment

Aha, thank you.

Comment

Match of the Day leads with Liverpool.

If I was a manager and one of my players got booked for whipping off his shirt that guy would be cleaning all the boots for a week.

Comment

On my mum's TV Jermaine Jenas looks plastic.

Comment

Brentford's penalty was clear as day. Hugging is a foul.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                            If I was a manager and one of my players got booked for whipping off his shirt that guy would be cleaning all the boots for a week.
                                            Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                              Brentford's penalty was clear as day. Hugging is a foul.
                                              I'm starting to suspect that someone is telling these players that VAR isn't going to apply any more. I haven't seen anyone defend a corner like that since the 2018 world cup.

Comment

Hold on, why was that walker penalty overturned?

Comment

We will never know.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X